IQ and how intelligent you are

Discordly Cutiepie

I took a 'real' IQ test years ago and apparently it was pretty high, above average. But honestly that was years upon years ago, when I was not even double digits, and IQ is bull anyway, so I won't post mine.

138 according to that test, no idea what that means really as its the first time I've done such a test.

I never got a IQ test. You can take some free tests on the internet but I'm convinced 90% of the tests isn't reliable.
I think you don't need a IQ test to know if you're not intelligent, average, highly or extremely intelligent.

(edited)

http://www.iqtest.dk/main.swf

^ This is a reputable and accurate IQ test.

I got a score of 120 the first time I did this, and a score of 130 on the second try, a few months later. I could remember the patterns to some of the questions, so I found the answers to those in a short time period. That lent me more time to work on questions farther back, and thus gave me a better score.

It's said that only the first time is the accurate one, but I think my differing results only go to show how meaningless IQ really is. Obviously, if you take a lot of IQ tests and practice them to know their patterns, you'll do really good on IQ tests. This is why I don't care too much.

I know I'm more intelligent than the average person is; I don't need a precise number to tell me. I gather that from experience in everyday life.

Edited by Regulus

(edited)

I wouldn't give it too much thought, they're flawed

I got a 134 on my last IQ test and that sounds about right actually so who knows? tumblr_inline_n7lie8kDdE1rau5h2.png

I doubt it's accuracy, but it says I got a 167

(Depending on what scale you use) That's like super-greatest genius of all time level J2Ghm.png

Edited by LZRD WZRD

On two separate occasions (with an interim of several years between) I've taken an online IQ test and gotten precisely 139; I've broken 140 on one other occasion.  They were just online tests, and I don't take them too seriously.  And there are different kinds of intelligence.  Someone who scores lower on an IQ test could still be brilliant.  And someone who scores higher could be an idiot lol - I say this from personal experience. xD

• Brohoof 3

IQ tests don't tell how smart you are, but I believe that the real IQ tests do show how fast you can process information (and thus learn). They don't mean a lot but they do measure some kind of mental capability. But what do I know, I'm no genius.

My IQ is 143 with the last test I took, which was about 2 years ago.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I took the test linked on here and got a 121. I tested "above average" in a professional test I took while I was in high school but I don't think I was given a real number.

But, it's true. You could know everything there is to know about the shrimpin' business life, the universe, and everything from a scientific and mathematical perspective and still be a fool who doesn't know how to navigate the challenges of everyday life.

I've been told I was intelligent and could be good at anything my whole life, but to be honest, it's more of a burden than a gift to me. I've wished brain damage on myself so I didn't have this excess baggage that no one; not myself, anyone I know, or society at large has any practical application for.

It's not as fun or glorious being "intelligent" as you might think, for some of us.

Edited by Wind Chaser

(edited)

If I recall, I scored around 128-137.

I'm very much so an intellectual, and enjoy stimulating puzzles and pandering to my mind through conversation. 

My vocabulary is quite robust, and is around four times that of an "Average English Speaker". (Not including other languages).

Though it leads a lonely life. xP

Though Aspergers definitely counteracts that, and makes me look like an idiot in social settings.  And if Social IQ was a thing, mine would be nil.

(By the way, please change the title to, "IQ and how intelligent you are" [That will bother me every time I see it])

Edited by Acoustic Cloud
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I got a 117 in this test that was posted, which I assume is like somewhere around average.

I took another test back before I started public school in like 8th grade and I got an "Above Average". No real number I was told.

Regardless I think IQ tests aren't going to tell you that your necessarily smarter than someone. It's kind of made for a certain type of thinker really, I mean atleast this online one seemed to have a lot of similar questions, so someone who is good with those type of questions would tend to score well.

It changes it up a bit here and there, but overall it does seem to have a predominant type of question. 

Also anybody who knows any history that wouldn't help them one bit on this.

Which is why I think that IQ tests aren't just like, Oh your smart if you get a high score on this, because it's not that simple.

Sure you may be good at the particular skills that the IQ test presents(typically it's more about processing information and stuff it seems.) but you might not be good at something else, while someone with a lower score might be good with that, For example let's say history or something, not an inch of history on that IQ test, so anybody with any knowledge of history wouldn't score any better for it.

It's similar to why even doing well or bad in school doesn't determine your intelligence. School is made for a certain type of brain or thinker, just like IQ tests, and so if you learn to do well with that type of thinking, then you do well in school, if you don't, then you don't do good in school.

Does it make you smart or not because of that? No, because intelligence is more complex than that.

Tl;dr intelligence is to complex to really be measured by a simple test.

The website seems like a scam. Will send emails asking you to pay for the "more detailed results." However from the actual test I got a 116, which would be "above average" in most "real" IQ tests. If you scored over 169 the test is probably bull.

Why do i have to pay to see my IQ?

You don't. They send it for free in an email.

I was pretty upset by that at first too, like "oh sh*t I actually fell for that." But the website just communicates it poorly. They are offering that you buy something called a "personal profile," which basically encourages you take a bunch more tests, lol.

If you already gave your email you should get one titled "free IQ results," or something similar. If not, check your spam.

• Brohoof 1

I've never taken an IQ test as far as I know, but I probably wouldn't score well. I've always been one to overthink and stress out over any sort of test

Last I checked it was slightly above average. I don't like to brag since it only creates higher expectations for me when I'm doing a job or I have a role in a team. Plus, it may not always be accurate; it could be me being lucky, which is why some IQ tests have the "I don't know" option to eliminate guessing from the equation.

• Brohoof 1

You scored one point higher than I did. :P

HA, BASK IN MY SUPERIORITY AS A HUMAN BEING MUAHHAHAHHAHA.

First the IQ test, THEN THE WORLD!

*ahem* ok i'm done being cheesy ;p.

I still think IQ tests are not very accurate.

• Brohoof 1

There's so many different ways to measure intelligence. I think that most people have something that they are good at. Intelligence, and education for that matter, don't always translate from one area to another. My step dad is a great example of this: He is a spinal surgeon, but a complete idiot in every other regard. More accurately, he maybe shouldn't have graduated high school but he had enough drive to succeed at his goal of becoming a doctor. And that's really the key. I don't care how smart, or not you are, passion is what drives us.

• Brohoof 2

If I recall, I scored around 128-137.

I'm very much so an intellectual, and enjoy stimulating puzzles and pandering to my mind through conversation. 

My vocabulary is quite robust, and is around four times that of an "Average English Speaker". (Not including other languages).

Though it leads a lonely life. xP

Though Aspergers definitely counteracts that, and makes me look like an idiot in social settings.  And if Social IQ was a thing, mine would be nil.

(By the way, please change the title to, "IQ and how intelligent you are" [That will bother me every time I see it])

i dont know how to change it lol