Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I need advice for features on a software I'm writing

Binary Blast

So I'm writing a software called Autoshipper, basically it automatically ships two random characters, I don't know if I should have it be exclusively mlp, or not, and if not if I should include every mlp background character or what.  Please give me advice.

(edited)

I think you should include secondary characters as an option users can toggle. That way, you suit both audiences and potentially make your software more extensible while you're making it.

Edited by Celtore

With software, it's usually a good idea to stay focused on your goals. ;)

If I understood your plan correctly, Binary Blast, you're contemplating adding a bunch of non-MLP characters to this program? Keeping it restricted to MLP characters is going to be a lot less work (whether you decide to crowd-source it or not) and put you in a better position to advertise it to pony fans.

You can add some concept of "franchise" in your data model for future expandability, but as far as users are concerned, I wouldn't underestimate the value of focus. Bigger isn't always better.

• Brohoof 1

With software, it's usually a good idea to stay focused on your goals. ;)

If I understood your plan correctly, Binary Blast, you're contemplating adding a bunch of non-MLP characters to this program? Keeping it restricted to MLP characters is going to be a lot less work (whether you decide to crowd-source it or not) and put you in a better position to advertise it to pony fans.

You can add some concept of "franchise" in your data model for future expandability, but as far as users are concerned, I wouldn't underestimate the value of focus. Bigger isn't always better.

As Feld0 said, it would be best to keep it mlp. You can use OCs as well, which would be easier than getting characters from other universes. 

I think I get what you two are saying, and keeping it mlp themed seems cool, and maybe a feature so you can add your own OC would be a good idea.  Thank's for your input guys :).