Twi Rubix

Who Is Your LEAST Favorite Of The Main Ponies?  

182 users have voted

1. 1. Least Favorite Pony Mane Six + Spike

• RainbowDash
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • AppleJack
    • FlutterShy
    • Rarity
    • PinkiePie
    • Spike
  2. 2. Least favorite Secondary Character

• Apple Bloom
    • Sweetie Belle
    • Scootaloo
    • Princess Celestia
    • Princess Luna
    • Princess Cadance
    • Shining Armor
    • Prince Blueblood
    • Granny Smith
    • Big McIntosh
    • Hayseed
    • Mr. Cake
    • Mrs. Cake
    • Diamond Tiara
    • Silver Spoon
    • Snips
    • Snails
    • Sunset Shimmer
    • Derpy
    • Trixie
    • Suri Polomare
    • Lightning Dust
    • Gilda
    • Daring Do
    • Spitfire
    • Soarin
    • Fleetfoot
    • Cheerilee
    • Bulk Biceps
    • Coco Pommel
    • Cheese Sandwich
    • Maud Pie
    • Other - Because So Many Ponies O.O

Gilda, she was an absolute asswipe.

If I remember correctly she made fluttershy cry, and she was just a complete nob in general.

• Brohoof 1

Spike - He's annoying, dull, and the way the fandom defends him from "Spike Abuse" and will never say anything else about him infuriates me. He's not a good character.

Trenderhoof - >_>

Blueblood - He was a prick to Rarity :angry: 

Suri Polomare - She was a bitch to Rarity :angry:

I think I see a pattern here...:P

• Brohoof 1

It's a tie between Rainbow Dash and Rarity. Rarity because she whines and overreacts too much, also it is my headcanon that she is part of the Unicorn Master Race, in the first episode Twilight was afraid she'd dye her mane, so that got me thinking... white appearance... blue eyes... and dyeing her blond hair violet. It freaked me out too that she had a particular dislike to earth ponies, especially Applejack. Much like a real world counterpart I know of. Rarity is less than but close to Pinkamena in my book. Being of German descent I don't find this portrayal of Rarity funny or amusing in anyway. I find it unsettling and grounds for a fan fiction indeed. Rainbow Dash is the tomboy of the group which is not why I dislike her. I dislike her unhealthy ego, and false image of grandeur. She thinks she is superior to other ponies, much like Rarity thinks. Although a rainbow mane and blue appearance isn't a obvious as Rarity's appearance, she still rubs me the wrong way as far as how her character is handled. So yeah that's my opinion, I made my points so hate all you want I'm sticking to my guns.

I simply cannot stand Diamond Tiara or Trixie. Also, i find it dissapointing that this poll lacks a Flash Sentry option.

Hmm...I changed my votes on the poll.

~Pinkie Pie, I jsut find her annoying and a little obnoxious. Though I do like a couple of her songs.

~Vinyl Scratch: Most overrated character in the show.

~Gilda, not a real fan of her.

~Iron Will.He turned Fluttershy into a monster.  :(

~

Not trying to change your opinion or anything, but Iron Will didn't really turn her into a monster. He simply taught her to stand up on her own hooves. It's Fluttershy's fault she decided to take it too far.
  • Brohoof 1

It's a tie between Rainbow Dash and Rarity. Rarity because she whines and overreacts too much, also it is my headcanon that she is part of the Unicorn Master Race, in the first episode Twilight was afraid she'd dye her mane, so that got me thinking... white appearance... blue eyes... and dyeing her blond hair violet. It freaked me out too that she had a particular dislike to earth ponies, especially Applejack. Much like a real world counterpart I know of. Rarity is less than but close to Pinkamena in my book. Being of German descent I don't find this portrayal of Rarity funny or amusing in anyway. I find it unsettling and grounds for a fan fiction indeed. Rainbow Dash is the tomboy of the group which is not why I dislike her. I dislike her unhealthy ego, and false image of grandeur. She thinks she is superior to other ponies, much like Rarity thinks. Although a rainbow mane and blue appearance isn't a obvious as Rarity's appearance, she still rubs me the wrong way as far as how her character is handled. So yeah that's my opinion, I made my points so hate all you want I'm sticking to my guns.

Oh my god you again.

So you say that Rarity is somehow racist because she has a fair coat, blue eyes and that she is actually a natural blonde( which she is not)? And that makes her racist? It rather makes you racist for suggesting something like that. Also, do you have any proof that Rares thinks Earth Ponies are inferior? She only dislikes the physical work and the dirt that are part of farm life. She neither dislikes farmers nor Earth Ponies, which are not the same as you seem to think! She also does not dislike Applejack, they are rather close friends.

She has Earth Ponies, Pegasi, Unicorn, Alicorn, Zebra and Dragon friends. i don't know how you could think that she is racist if she never actually does or says something racist. She lives in a Earth Pony village, in Ponyville, she was in an Earth Pony city, Manehatten, and made earth Pony friends there, Coco. She is the favorite designer of Sapphire Shores, an Earth Pony. I just don't get it!

Neither Rarity nor Rainbow think they are better than other ponies, they just have self-esteem and pride. The same way for example Twi and Apples have them.

And oh great, you are of German descent, i actually AM German, and i live in Germany right now, and i know of our heritage and past. Don't try to give you some kind of illusion of expertise with your "German heritage".

Leave your headcanon out of here! I could also say that i dislike Pinkie because of Cupcakes, and that would be just as stupid.

• Brohoof 7

The great thing about MLP FIM is that there is a very diversified herd of ponies featured here.  They all represent a different kind of person in real life and hopefully shows that all can work together and play together and be the best of friends. 

I am pretty surprised about the anti- Celestia comments.  She is the mother figure and she does her best to let her children grow into what they should become.  She exiled Luna because that was the only way.  Let's not forget Nightmare Moon was a very evil villain.  When she returned to her old self through the elements of harmony, Celestia immediately brought her back as the sister to help rule Equestria.  Total forgiveness.  How can you hate that?  Most people in real life would not forgive. 

Least favorite and hate are 2 different things.  Spike got my vote mostly because I had to vote for one of them and I love all the mane 6.  I love Spike too but since we were supposed to choose, I chose.

Secondary was the selfish Prince Blueblood hands down.  He was really the only one I didn't hesitate on although you are supposed to hate him too so maybe I should have chosen otherwise.

I can't believe so many voted for Hoity Toity.  He is a takeoff of Karl Lagerfeld Chanel designer and I love him!  I think his character is a wonderful spoof.

I voted for Snips and Snails for the 3rd category.  They just don't seem to belong in this series.  I would have portrayed the bumbling characters that they are but looking more like ponies than gargoyles. 

I was a little surprised at who made the secondary category vs. the third one.  I think some should have been switched around.

I can't believe so many voted for Hoity Toity.  He is a takeoff of Karl Lagerfeld Chanel designer and I love him!  I think his character is a wonderful spoof.

I thought he'd just be an @$$hole. Turns out he's actually more like Iron Will (except with fashion).

1. RainbowDash

2. FlutterShy

3. Snips

4. Snails

5. Pip

6. Diamond Tiara

7. Silver Shill

8. Cheese Sandwich

9. LightningDust

10. Soarin

(edited)

I thought he'd just be an @$$hole. Turns out he's actually more like Iron Will (except with fashion).

I don't know Iron Will (sorry) but for those of you who don't know the connection between Hoity Toity and the real world, just google Karl Lagerfeld Chanel and you will see what a fabulous charicature Hoity Toity is, ponytail and all.

Edited by Diva Pony

Sadly, it seems I can't cast a vote. I can't pick a least favorite of the Mane characters, and thus it won't let me have my input. Pity. :\

However, to give you my completely legitimate and well-thought-out opin- DIAMOND F***ING TIARA

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Diamond Tiara is, by far, the worst thing to come out of the show. She's bland. She's two-dimensional. Never ONCE is she given even the slightest bit of effort or care in her writing and never once have I ever cared about her existence. She has made for some of the WORST episodes the show has had to offer, most notably Ponyville Confidential.

I'm not even exaggerating when I say that if she were just removed from the show altogether with no explanation or rhyme or reason, you wouldn't hear a single negative word out of me.

And to everypony who actually likes her, you're more the welcome to have your own opinion, but I will never understand it.

... Oh, and least favorite secondary pony was Prince Blueblood. He kinda sucked.

• Brohoof 1

Most of this was easy. Prince Blueblood was a royal pain to Rarity, and DT and SS are unsympathetic bullies. As for the mane 6, this was like being asked to make one child the black sheep of the family. Not quite, but it was still hard. But in the end, I chose Rarity, because she doesn't display her element as often as the other ponies. Sure, she might clothe and style a pony for free from time to time, but the other ponies elements shine brighter. Not saying that Rares is bad, she's awesome. But the other mane 6 are just a little bit better.

RD - Never leaves her friends hanging. Turned down her DREAM so she could still hang with her friends and help them out. Sure, she brags once in a while, but can really back it up, and WILL back it up.

Twi - Usually pretty optimistic, and is a good leader and friend. Although she could show a little more compassion towards Spike, poor guy must burp up letters all day =/

Fluttershy - Usually, she isn't worth much in a fight, but when her friends are in danger she'll swallow her fear, and give them the STARE. She can be a doormat at times, although I'm hoping the writers can fix that. Also, she was the only one willing to give Discord a chance.

AJ - If Twi is the leader, AJ is like the 2nd in command. Her down to earth and mature mindset is the perfect balance to RD's brashness, and has kept her out of trouble multiple times. She also does the most out of the rest of the mane 6 I think.

Pinkie Pie - Her hyperactivity can be a little annoying at times, and she probably could use a little therapy for her rejection complex, but she'll do anything to make others smile and be happy. MLP without Pinkie wouldn't be anywhere near the same.

Rarity - She has displayed feats of generosity, such as taking in ponies who are a mess to clothe and style them for free, and she really helped Coco Pommel out, but I had to choose one as my least favorite mane 6, and she just doesn't shine as brightly as the others.

Fluttershy is, by far, the worst Mane 6. Boring, no character development(She grows a spine in one or two episodes but forgets about it immediately after the episode ends), and all she really does is whine and put feral animals' welfare before her friends. The whole "I'm shy and socially unadapted" gimmick has long since worn off, and the only perks Hasbro has given her (Discord, Flutterbat, Flutterhulk, Flutterguy) have been purely out of a matter of "What the fuck CAN we do with her?". For instance, Discord could very well have been reformed by Twilight or whatever. And don't get me started on Bats.

As for secondary characters, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, as well as the other "background characters" you listed aren't background characters at all, so I don't know what you were smoking when you made that poll, breh. They have semi-established personalities and have numerous lines in numerous episodes. Like, wtf, brotato chip.

Anyway, I think we all can agree that Blueblood is an a-class doucher. Trenderhoof is pretty not great, too. Oh, and Maud Pie. Boring, uninspired plot-fodder. I really hope she's only a one-epsiode deal.

For actual background ponies, well, all of them. The fandom has ruined them with their little fabricated personalities, like that whole Lyra's obsession with hands malarkey. They're called "background ponies" for a reason. They belong in the background, just so Equestria isn't seen as a pseudo-wasteland with like 10 citizens. It's like... fuck.

Fin.

Edited by Rockymoo
  • Brohoof 4

because she doesn't display her element as often as the other ponies. 

I'm just going to say that isn't a very good reason for disliking a pony.

Also, where'd I put that list...

Ah, here we go.

Rarity is Generous:

S01E01: Friendship is Magic

Gives Twilight a free makeover after Rainbow Dash messed up her mane.

S01E02: Friendship Is Magic

Cuts off her tail to give a monster or something the missing half of his mustache.

S01E11: Winter Wrap Up

After Twilight did a horrible job making a nest, she spent all of her time trying to fix her friend's mistake, putting her horribly behind quota.

S01E14: Suited For Success

Made all of her friends dresses for the gala free of charge, and they kept complaining about how they looked and how they wanted them to look, which made her dresses look horrible in front of some huge name in the fashion business.

S01E16: Sonic Rainboom

When Twilight wanted to try out a new spell that she had never done before and warned it could have possible side effects if botched, Rarity readily subjects herself to the spell, so she can go cheer on Rainbow Dash at her flying competition.

S01E20: Green isn't Your Color

Keeps quiet about her jealousy of Fluttershy's newfound fame in the fashion business, something she had been trying to accomplish before the show even started. After Fluttershy stumbles and trips on the runway and the crowd turns against her, Rarity begins cheering to save her friend, despite feeling it should've been her making it big instead of Fluttershy.

S01E25: A Party of One

Purposely ruins her mane, which she's extremely proud of, in order to keep Pinkie's surprise party a secret.

S02E05: Sisterhooves Social

After making a mistake in the way she took care of her sister, she hid IN MUD in order to complete a race with her sister for forgiveness, when all and all, it was just siblings fighting over trivial matters, like EVERY siblings do.

S02E08: Mysterious Mare Do Well

Makes 4 costumes for her friends to wear in their mission of bringing a borderlining on narcissism Rainbow Dash back down to earth.

S02E09: Sweet & Elite

When it came down to it, she chose her unsophisticated Ponyville friends over the Canterlot Ponies, who she had dreamt of fitting in with.

S02E10: Secret of My Excess

Spares the feelings of a horny baby dragon who stole half of the city and kidnapped her, even going as far to kiss him on the cheek.

S02E14: The Last Roundup

Rides a damn whatever you call that thing all the way back to Ponyville with an extremely repetitive Pinkie Pie due to Rainbow Dash's negligence.

S02E19: Putting Your Hoof Down

Tries helping Fluttershy learn how to stand up for herself, and welcomes Fluttershy back after she attacks her dreams.

S02E21: Dragon Quest

Attempts to stand up for Spike when the other 5 laugh at his apron. Creates a huge costume so RD, Twilight and herself could follow him to make sure he was alright. Stands directly behind Rainbow Dash's flank the entire time they're hiding, without complaining. Prepares to fight dragons in yet another attempt to stand up for Spike.

S02E25: A Canterlot Wedding

Makes a ton a fricken' dresses for the wedding, free of charge.

S03E01: The Crystal Empire

In order to buy time for Twilight, makes a bunch of hats and shit out of hay and straws. Does a very good job at it, I might add.

S03E12: Games Ponies Play

Takes the extremely difficult job of preparing Cadence's mane in the intricate detail it had to be done in, with only 15 minutes of time left. Also does a good job.

(Note: Rarity got screwed in Season 3. I assure you Season 4 will be different.)

Equestria Girls:

Makes dressed for them to all wear to the dance free of charge. Helps clean up the gym so Twilight could when the crown that night, despite hating messes. After Sunset Playdough-Hair ruins Twilight's reputation, tries helping Twilight go incognito until it can be fixed. Share her idea and Wondercolt's costume with the rest to change Twilight's horrid reputation.

From Vocabulary.com:

Generosity is a quality that's a lot like unselfishness — someone showing generosity is happy to give to or share time, money, food, or whatever with others.

Generosity is a quality — like honesty and patience — that we all probably wish we had more of. When you show generosity, you might give away things or money or put others before yourself. But generosity is about more than cash and stuff. When you're forgiving and gentle to people, you show generosity of spirit. If you give others help or credit, that shows generosity. The world would certainly be a better place if more people showed generosity to others.

That's a lot of good deeds. If you expect the ponies to represent their elements every episode, and if you dislike them for not doing so, you should really only be a Twilight and a Pinkie fan, in my opinion.

That's displaying a lot of generosity, eh? :D

Haven't even thrown in anything from S4 yet :D

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 7

I'm just going to say that isn't a very good reason for disliking a pony.

Also, where'd I put that list...

Ah, here we go.

Rarity is Generous:

S01E01: Friendship is Magic

Gives Twilight a free makeover after Rainbow Dash messed up her mane.

S01E02: Friendship Is Magic

Cuts off her tail to give a monster or something the missing half of his mustache.

S01E11: Winter Wrap Up

After Twilight did a horrible job making a nest, she spent all of her time trying to fix her friend's mistake, putting her horribly behind quota.

S01E14: Suited For Success

Made all of her friends dresses for the gala free of charge, and they kept complaining about how they looked and how they wanted them to look, which made her dresses look horrible in front of some huge name in the fashion business.

S01E16: Sonic Rainboom

When Twilight wanted to try out a new spell that she had never done before and warned it could have possible side effects if botched, Rarity readily subjects herself to the spell, so she can go cheer on Rainbow Dash at her flying competition.

S01E20: Green isn't Your Color

Keeps quiet about her jealousy of Fluttershy's newfound fame in the fashion business, something she had been trying to accomplish before the show even started. After Fluttershy stumbles and trips on the runway and the crowd turns against her, Rarity begins cheering to save her friend, despite feeling it should've been her making it big instead of Fluttershy.

S01E25: A Party of One

Purposely ruins her mane, which she's extremely proud of, in order to keep Pinkie's surprise party a secret.

S02E05: Sisterhooves Social

After making a mistake in the way she took care of her sister, she hid IN MUD in order to complete a race with her sister for forgiveness, when all and all, it was just siblings fighting over trivial matters, like EVERY siblings do.

S02E08: Mysterious Mare Do Well

Makes 4 costumes for her friends to wear in their mission of bringing a borderlining on narcissism Rainbow Dash back down to earth.

S02E09: Sweet & Elite

When it came down to it, she chose her unsophisticated Ponyville friends over the Canterlot Ponies, who she had dreamt of fitting in with.

S02E10: Secret of My Excess

Spares the feelings of a horny baby dragon who stole half of the city and kidnapped her, even going as far to kiss him on the cheek.

S02E14: The Last Roundup

Rides a damn whatever you call that thing all the way back to Ponyville with an extremely repetitive Pinkie Pie due to Rainbow Dash's negligence.

S02E19: Putting Your Hoof Down

Tries helping Fluttershy learn how to stand up for herself, and welcomes Fluttershy back after she attacks her dreams.

S02E21: Dragon Quest

Attempts to stand up for Spike when the other 5 laugh at his apron. Creates a huge costume so RD, Twilight and herself could follow him to make sure he was alright. Stands directly behind Rainbow Dash's flank the entire time they're hiding, without complaining. Prepares to fight dragons in yet another attempt to stand up for Spike.

S02E25: A Canterlot Wedding

Makes a ton a fricken' dresses for the wedding, free of charge.

S03E01: The Crystal Empire

In order to buy time for Twilight, makes a bunch of hats and shit out of hay and straws. Does a very good job at it, I might add.

S03E12: Games Ponies Play

Takes the extremely difficult job of preparing Cadence's mane in the intricate detail it had to be done in, with only 15 minutes of time left. Also does a good job.

(Note: Rarity got screwed in Season 3. I assure you Season 4 will be different.)

Equestria Girls:

Makes dressed for them to all wear to the dance free of charge. Helps clean up the gym so Twilight could when the crown that night, despite hating messes. After Sunset Playdough-Hair ruins Twilight's reputation, tries helping Twilight go incognito until it can be fixed. Share her idea and Wondercolt's costume with the rest to change Twilight's horrid reputation.

From Vocabulary.com:

Generosity is a quality that's a lot like unselfishness — someone showing generosity is happy to give to or share time, money, food, or whatever with others.

Generosity is a quality — like honesty and patience — that we all probably wish we had more of. When you show generosity, you might give away things or money or put others before yourself. But generosity is about more than cash and stuff. When you're forgiving and gentle to people, you show generosity of spirit. If you give others help or credit, that shows generosity. The world would certainly be a better place if more people showed generosity to others.

That's a lot of good deeds. If you expect the ponies to represent their elements every episode, and if you dislike them for not doing so, you should really only be a Twilight and a Pinkie fan, in my opinion.

That's displaying a lot of generosity, eh? :D

Haven't even thrown in anything from S4 yet :D

I'm too lazy to make a list like this. But you weren't, and you nailed it. Twilight and Pinkie even have their moments, though.

Edited by DryColt84
  • Brohoof 1

I'm too lazy to make a list like this. But you weren't, and you nailed it.

That's only about a quarter of the actual list :D I called out every single reason people hate Rarity and put it on the spot with that list :D

It breaks 6,000 characters, brah :D

• Brohoof 2

That's actually a good idea there, Ghostie. Next time someone bashes Trixie for whatever reason, I'll go into detail on why she's awesome.

• Brohoof 2

That's only about a quarter of the actual list :D I called out every single reason people hate Rarity and put it on the spot with that list :D

It breaks 6,000 characters, brah :D

Damn, Ghostie you serious? Also, I edited the comment after you quoted it, because I did have to point out something I didn't quite agree with.

• Brohoof 1

Twilight and Pinkie even have their moments, though.

My understanding of Pinkie and Rainbow Dash isn't very great, not gonna lie.

But Twilight's a unicorn :D Rarity pretty much lives up to Twilight's element just by using magic. Hime cut's raw potential and power with Magic kinda make the only time she's not living up to her element A.) When she's not using it and B.) When she's struggling enough controlling it to not be able to use it at all :D

That's actually a good idea there, Ghostie. Next time someone bashes Trixie for whatever reason, I'll go into detail on why she's awesome.

Fuckin', just say "Hey, she made Snips and Snails pull her around on a bed without wheels with no breaks, no water, and no money."

Everyone will love her after that :D

No one likes Snips and Snails.

• Brohoof 1

My understanding of Pinkie and Rainbow Dash isn't very great, not gonna lie.

But Twilight's a unicorn :D Rarity pretty much lives up to Twilight's element just by using magic. Hime cut's raw potential and power with Magic kinda make the only time she's not living up to her element A.) When she's not using it and B.) When she's struggling enough controlling it to not be able to use it at all :D

Fuckin', just say "Hey, she made Snips and Snails pull her around on a bed without wheels with no breaks, no water, and no money."

Everyone will love her after that :D

No one likes Snips and Snails.

I don't even like Snips and Snails, that's saying something (I stuck up for Trenderhoof and Flash Sentry for fuck's sake, though I don't like them per se).