Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What kind of post-apocalyptic world would you rather live in?

AveryGamerDude

What kind of Post-Apocalyptic world would you rather live in?  

44 users have voted

1. 1. What Apocalypse?

• Zombie
    • Nuclear
    • Pandemic
    • Alien
    • Natural Disaster

I'm bored, so I wanna know what kind of post-apocalyptic world you would rather live in. I would choose nuclear apocalypse, because if my theory on MLP is correct, our world would eventually become Equestria. Also, it would be cool to gaze at the ruins of a major city. With all the building having fire and huge towers of smoke, the overcast sky, all kinds of stuff on the ground. Meh. I just like the way post-nuclear war cities look, I guess. What would you guys pick?

• Brohoof 1

Natural Disaster, easily. Most of the world is still sane, and working on fixing everything. Lethal pandemics scare the heck outta me (like with the ebola outbreak right now? You know how they said it shouldn't spread beyond Africa? Guess who's still terrified by it!) so that's an instant NO. Zombies are also a disease which tricks the brain into thinking like an animal,only caring about food and water - killing anything and anyone. Nuclear is a close second, since it cannot spread TOO far from the original site (Chernobyl, anyone?). And Aliens? No aliens. I'm begging you.

None. I don't really like to think about this sort of stuff since worldwide destruction always freaks me out. D:

But if I were forced to pick, I guess pandemic...? Because I think it it'll be easier to fix buildings, humanity and whatnot.

I know most of the Aliens, so that's what I picked. You can salvage their technology and build yourself a transdimensional spinship.

Also I'm on a Fallout New Vegas kick right now. Heavily modded. I want to find me my very own Willow and go gallavanting around the wastes, looting abandoned building wrecks for ammo left in lockers and fully cooked turkey dinners left in garbage cans. :D I know that's not in the Fallout games but that still perturbs me.

What is this obsession that people have with doomsday and the apocalypse?
Is it the Fallout games? Maybe all of those shitty zombie movies and television shows?
Whatever the case, I'd rather not live in a post-apocalyptic world at all, thank you very much. I'm content with how things are right now.

Edited by Derp My Life
  • Brohoof 1

I would prefer nuclear because I'm a bit of a Fallout fan, but I will try to use better reasons for why I didn't choose the others. With zombie, I didn't choose that because one: I don't know whether they are fast or slow and two: it's easy to become a zombie. Pandemic-the disease may still be around and with no cure, I wouldn't last very long. Alien- technology would be far more superior then ours so would be difficult to survive. Natural disaster- again I don't know what natural disaster it is so I can't make a judgement on it. I chose nuclear but at least then there would be a better chance of survival as I know what I'm dealing with and would know what to look for. 

A Fallout 3 type world. In the vault and whatnot.

Which vault, though? There's a list of them here. I didn't think there were that many experimental ones. It's pretty horrifying.

For a fictional universe, I mean. You wouldn't be given a choice which one you'd live in. You'd just be shuffled off into a vault, or born into one.

Edited by SkyDream

Which vault, though? There's a list of them here. I didn't think there were that many experimental ones. It's pretty horrifying.

For a fictional universe, I mean. You wouldn't be given a choice which one you'd live in. You'd just be shuffled off into a vault, or born into one.

While it's not exactly called a vault, it basically is a vault.

So I'd have to go with this vault.

I would escape and explore the outside world, exciting!!

CROATOAN

okay maybe not, I'd prefer like a world wide natural disaster like a next ice age the world crumbling and slowly freezing to death.

Another Supernatural fan, high five!

Anyway, either Nat. Disaster or Nuclear, since I'm in a Fallout 3 mood today.

• Brohoof 1

I would want to live in a meteor strike. Very fatal, causing world-wide destruction, but bunkers could keep a ton of people alive. When everyone gets out who survived, and the disaster settled, there would be no nuclear fallout. Society could try growing again, but it would be very much like any apocalyptic story, just without radiation or danger that is anything but other people.

Oh, and this thread's official theme song:

Edited by Star-Lord

Natural disaster.. No surprise that it's the most common choice by far.

I would rather that over having lot of people you know getting eaten alive, dying a slow painful death, dying by unknown.. Alien ways :huh:, or if the Earth was obliterated.. Natural disasters are just.. Natural, and they seem just.. Less worrisome.

Well, in terms of survival a natural disater would be best because it still leaves a large portion of the environment intact, allowing for much easier survival (as opposed to a nuclear wasteland, or the dead desert planes after the near endless winter that a large metoric strike would bring). However in terms of just being entertaining and interesting I would like to see a supernatural apocalpyse, as we do not see those all that often, and such an apocalpyse may even change the very laws of reality.

natural disaster.  that would be the easiest to protect myself from.

zombies would be disgusting, and you'd probably have to either kill, or watch loved ones die, and you'd have to stay away from everyone or else you might also become infected, or they'd be paranoid and think you're infected and try to kill you.

nuclear would be very bad, since the radiation would linger for years, decades, centuries, maybe forever.  There'd be almost no way to avoid it, and we'd probably all die out.  anything that did survive would be mutated and struggling to survive.  the whole ecosystem would be destroyed and probably wouldn't recover for thousands if not millions of years.

a pandemic would be just about the same as the zombies.  except it could be airborne, and then you're screwed.  some few MIGHT be immune and survive, but you're most likely not the one who's going to survive.

and aliens... why are the aliens destroying the world?  are they killing us?  using us as slaves?  keeping us as pets?  torturing us?  growing us as food?  i'd rather not find out.

As much as I loved Fallout 3 and that world. I prefer zombies. 

Think how awesome it would be (if i lived in a country with weapons). Having some guns, melee weapons, surviving a zombie infested world. Hopefully they be walkers. Runners are annoying as fuck. You would want walkers if you wanted to survive.

Natural disaster would be the most survivable, so that would be my choice. Really though, I'd rather not live in a post apocalyptic world. I'm rather attached to this one.

The entire world is at each others' throats, eventually the nukes are released, the world is nearly destroyed. some survived by living in massive underground bunkers, after over a decade of living underground, the first vaults begin to open, and humanity takes its first steps out into a barren, radioactive wasteland to begin their harsh new future.

Fallout 4 confirmed

or some shit like that

I went for a Zombie apocalypse, because I've just always loved the idea of it.
It would have to depend on the zombies though. 
If they were the Zombies from "28 Days Later" I'd give a big fucking nope to that.
I would like something like the Cordyceps Fungus from The Last of Us or something, because that seems like it could actually happen.

I would also pick a Nuclear apocalypse, but that's probably just my love of Fallout speaking. :P

I voted for Nuclear Apocalypse.  The damage would like be limited to major centers of population which, much of which would actually be caused by the subsequent fires rather than the atomic blast.  Most of the really nasty radioactive materials would decade over the course of about a decade.  Your basically looking at having all your cities burned in this scenario, but that is about it.

Aliens - Anyone capable of interstellar travel can likely generate energy vastly in excess of any conventional nuclear reaction.  They probably also possess and large number of means to outright sterilize the planet.  I rate this as an extinction level event.  If the aliens want everyone dead, every last person will be dead.

Zombies and Pandemic - This would leave civilian infrastructure intact but would continue to persist after the apocalypse, which is a major problem.

Natural Disaster - This could be mild, but could easily be an extinction level event, such as an asteroid impact.