Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think of the SE/NLR war? Whose side are you on?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

This is about the war between the Solar Empire and the New Lunar Republic, led by Celestia and Luna, respectively. Optional factions include: the Changeling Horde, the Griffin Kingdom, and the Twilight/Friendship Federation.

This fanfiction idea has been criticized for: not following the "friendship and cooperation" values of the show, dividing the Mane 6 as enemies against each other, and depicting Princess Celestia as a tyrant (contrary to her own nature).

What do you think of the conflict? If you were there, whose side are you on?

I'm in the side of ignoring these fics all together. I'm not against people expressing these ideas, but since these are too far away of the values of the show, I just ignore them

• Brohoof 7

• 4 weeks later...

I very like this conflict.
But It's hard to say which side I would chose. Why? because it isn't clear which princess is good. Fans of Luna would write that Luna is good princess, who take care of lieges and Celestia would be a tyrant, who terrorizing everypony, interjects innocents into the prison, killing them etc.  Fans of Celestia would write that Luna is bad, she started revolution to make coup and rule of Equestria alone without her sister.
So I can't chose whom I will support if I don't know the background events. I'm sure that I would support only this princess who works for the good of others.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have no preference. I prefer Luna as a princess, but as far as I know, there is no cannon faction called Solar Empire or New Lunar Republic, and outside of rp and my own fanfics, I do not indulge in non cannon content.

This is about the war between the Solar Empire and the New Lunar Republic, led by Celestia and Luna, respectively. Optional factions include: the Changeling Horde, the Griffin Kingdom, and the Twilight/Friendship Federation.

This fanfiction idea has been criticized for: not following the "friendship and cooperation" values of the show, dividing the Mane 6 as enemies against each other, and depicting Princess Celestia as a tyrant (contrary to her own nature).

Thank you for being the first to ever actually explain what the heck it is.

Now I can ignore it without being ignorant of its contents.

The Principality of Spike because why not.

Edited by Blue
  • Brohoof 2

I wouldn't choose a side. Or rather, i'd switch sides depending on which one would benefit my current situation. I'd work behind the scenes to bring down all the forces and lead to a united Equestria, without the princesses if need be. 

No gods, no masters, i guess?

• Brohoof 1

img-3212015-1-obey__celestia__by_utterly

Night is totally not better than day

I stubbed my toe in the night once

It was terrible

You can stub your toe during the day too, you know.

Step 1: get a nice wooden chair

Step 2: go into your closet, bringing the chair with you

Step 3: turn off the light in the closet

Step 4: make sure there is no light in the closet

Step 5: put chair on the floor

Step 6: walk around in the dark until you stub your toe

Step 7: make sure steps 1-6 are done during the day

A former serviceman like me would not pick a side, I did once until I saw the consequence of armed disagreement. The late Roman Empire was split into east and west, in order to best defend itself, but it would cause civil war between Romans, leading to the empire's decline, nevertheless an interesting concept for a fan fiction, however the idea of civil war is not new to pony fan fiction, besides shipping, it seems like war drama is on the rise, particularly between Celestia and Luna leading battalions against each other, with some sort of ally or auxiliaries, personally I would chose to defend the ponies, caught up in the middle of armed struggle, then win support for a United Equestria. This could be a war of liberation, like in the Lord of the Rings or the Chronicles of Narnia, to defeat a invader, or pretender to the throne of Canterlot, that would be equally interesting, for there are many civil war My Little Pony stories, written by some belligerent bronies, that have misery and bloody war, if you are going to write that, do so with care and not try to graphically portray some hideous imagery.     

• Brohoof 1