Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Looking for a partner to make game's with

KRAKELINGCATcarnage

Hi Evrypony, im looking for people who are willing to help me make fps games, i know i have said this earlier, but the stress is just getting me to much and im never able to finish my games alone, the furthest i can get is making a demo but thats ofcourse not really something...

And please, i know many people on the forums are not interested in my games, but please, help me out with this, and even if you dont know how to make fps games dont worry, i can teach you all in a blink of a eye.

Just post your skypename in the post section (if you have skype ofcourse) or pm me.

Stress is getting me to much, please help out a 14 year old boy to make his dream come true.

:(

I've got too many projects going on, myself, to offer to help, but you've piqued my curiosity---these aren't pony FPS games, are they?  It's hard to imagine one, unless the player was in the horseshoes of a unicorn or alicorn with a variety of spells at their disposal.

• Brohoof 1

I've got too many projects going on, myself, to offer to help, but you've piqued my curiosity---these aren't pony FPS games, are they?  It's hard to imagine one, unless the player was in the horseshoes of a unicorn or alicorn with a variety of spells at their disposal.

There arent any pony fps games indeed (except for l4d2 and gmod but those are just addons im talking about a whole game) If you could help me it would be great :)

There arent any pony fps games indeed (except for l4d2 and gmod but those are just addons im talking about a whole game) If you could help me it would be great

A whole FPS game...?  Wow.  Sounds like a lot of work, and I should know:  I've been building a platformer from scratch, and I've spent the last two years building it!  I started making it in 2012, back when the Elements of Harmony were still in the Mane 6's possession, so I had them using those liberally throughout the game...and then season 4's premerie came...

Anyhow, sorry to disappoint, but I'm hoping to build on the platformer I've made, adding a dialog system, an inventory system, etc., and I'm expecting that to eat my time up like crazy---plus, as an adult, I'm working 9-to-5, so I don't have as much free time as a teenager would have.  Probably the most I could offer is a few programming tips.

For instance, if you're coding the game in Java, and you're using a JPanel for the game, then it might help to use paintImmediately() instead of repaint().  I discovered by accident that paintImmediately took the annoying flickering out of my game altogether, and I discovered that just last week.  (After two years of coding the game, no less!)

• Brohoof 1

A whole FPS game...?  Wow.  Sounds like a lot of work, and I should know:  I've been building a platformer from scratch, and I've spent the last two years building it!  I started making it in 2012, back when the Elements of Harmony were still in the Mane 6's possession, so I had them using those liberally throughout the game...and then season 4's premerie came...

Anyhow, sorry to disappoint, but I'm hoping to build on the platformer I've made, adding a dialog system, an inventory system, etc., and I'm expecting that to eat my time up like crazy---plus, as an adult, I'm working 9-to-5, so I don't have as much free time as a teenager would have.  Probably the most I could offer is a few programming tips.

For instance, if you're coding the game in Java, and you're using a JPanel for the game, then it might help to use paintImmediately() instead of repaint().  I discovered by accident that paintImmediately took the annoying flickering out of my game altogether, and I discovered that just last week.  (After two years of coding the game, no less!)

Dont worry, are you familiar with 2d fighting games? i also make those, mostly dbz 2d fighting games.

Dont worry, are you familiar with 2d fighting games? i also make those, mostly dbz 2d fighting games.

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with 2D fighting games.

I figure that there are hitboxes and physics to the way objects move in 2D fighting games, and I had to handle box-collision-detection and motion for the 2D platformer I have been (and am) working on, but apart from that, I don't know that much about fighting games.