Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony portraits! (Sometimes takes requests :D)

Flytee

My thoughts exactly! oh and it makes me extremely happy to see you use your request as an icon <3 that's super flattering!

I admire your work, and you are one of the best artists I've seen in a long time. :3 I'm glad you're flattered, you should be.

I admire your work, and you are one of the best artists I've seen in a long time. :3 I'm glad you're flattered, you should be.

You're too kind :D

hmm I was wondering how do you edit the titles on a thread? Sorry I actually only just joined this forum I'm still learning the ropes heh

• Brohoof 1

That is some pretty fine art you have done. ^_^ They are pretty and well drawn.

Guessing you hand drew them and finished with some amazing computer work. Really like the shading.

woah those are some mightly big compilments! :blush: Thank you very much

I actually do both the lineart and the colouring directly onto my laptop using a wacom tablet :)

wacom tablet? That's funny my friends office uses them but I can't get my head around them and by them I mean graphics tablets.

I prefer to draw like you would by hand. That is why I am trying to save up for rather a proper art moniter that works by styles or a Samsung Galaxy Note pro 12.2

hmm I was wondering how do you edit the titles on a thread? Sorry I actually only just joined this forum I'm still learning the ropes heh

Edit original post, then it should say "Use Full Editor". You should be able to change topic title there.

• Brohoof 1

wacom tablet? That's funny my friends office uses them but I can't get my head around them and by them I mean graphics tablets.

I prefer to draw like you would by hand. That is why I am trying to save up for rather a proper art moniter that works by styles or a Samsung Galaxy Note pro 12.2

Graphics tablets do take some getting used to, The sensation of drawing something and having it come up on the screen in front of you as opposed to where you were drawing is weird at first. So I can seem the appeal of using a galaxy note...though to be honest once your used to a graphics tablet are the best way to do digital art ;)

Just wanted to drop in and say I like the light cross hatch

that you sprinkle here and there on your drawings c:

Ooo thank you :3 its a habit I progress from my years of doing loads of really intense cross hatching when I was younger hehe.

That's very nice artwork. I hope you can do mine's in the future, but for right now.. I GO *trots out* 

Keep an eye out, I might be opening requests up some time next week. :D

Man I wish a saw this post earlier.

Oh well, my OC is in my signature, can you let me know next time you feel like drawing again?

Don't worry there's always next time!

as for your question I'm going to have to say no...a couple of people have already expressed interest in a request so I don't think it will be fair on them.

• Brohoof 1

I can't doubt that, I tried for three months and gave up. Started using my ASUS tablet with an app called Autodesk Sketch Pro which aloued me to use PSD file formats on it so I could do something on my computer send it here for fine art were I couldn't sucseed with a mouse and send it back for finishing.

That is why my profile image is me in armour. Printed my self out three times drew on to the image till I found what suited me scanned it in sent it to the tablet did the fine line work and sent it back and forth till I had what I have now. It was hard...but rewarding.

I can't doubt that, I tried for three months and gave up. Started using my ASUS tablet with an app called Autodesk Sketch Pro which aloued me to use PSD file formats on it so I could do something on my computer send it here for fine art were I couldn't sucseed with a mouse and send it back for finishing.

That is why my profile image is me in armour. Printed my self out three times drew on to the image till I found what suited me scanned it in sent it to the tablet did the fine line work and sent it back and forth till I had what I have now. It was hard...but rewarding.

That sounds extremely complex O_O

hey I use some good free software it's called FireAlpaca, google it and download it from their offical site. It might be helpful for you.

I also really encourage you to try the tablet again on this software also make sure your tablets pen is on sensetive.

(edited)

Since you're doing a few more tonight, will you do one of my OCs? Links are in my signature :3

Or you could do this guy (you can see his colour scheme here, he's the one on the bottom right)

Here you go, I decided to draw Dice Venom because she looked so different to the other mares I've drawn on here :)

I hope it's okay

post-29197-0-79002900-1409002024_thumb.jpg

Edited by Flytee
  • Brohoof 1

Here you go, I decided to draw Dice Venom because she looked so different to the other mares I've drawn on here :)

I hope it's okay

img-3027002-1-tumblr_naq26cAESw1r1fyzqo5

I bet it's lovely, but for some reason the link isn't working for me, do you think you could use something different like Tinypic to get a link? Or just attach it to the post instead?

I'm glad you decided to draw her, she doesn't usually get art :D

Also, I probably should have shown you this before. It's a collection of my OCs' cutie marks. Dice Venom's is the bottom left one :)

Edited by Hibiscus Bloom

(edited)

Thanks for pointing that out! I wasn't sure if it was only visual on my laptop.

Problem should be sorted now. Hopefully all of the images are visible~ I got there in the end haha

Also I just made up your ocs cutie mark oops, I based it on the profile though :please:

Edited by Flytee

I found it on Tumblr and all I can say is: wow, that looks amazing! You really captured her personality!

(also, I prefer your version of the cutie mark. It's way more aesthetically pleasing :))

Ah you found it! Awesome, its up here as well now, sorry for the bother,

I'm really glad you liked it :)

Thanks for pointing that out! I wasn't sure if it was only visual on my laptop.

It's been a forum issue recently. 

I figure it's worth a shot, posting my OC here, even if you don't get to her.

c92ba4cb7c348ac763cfd20e9088127c.png

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It's been a forum issue recently. 

I figure it's worth a shot, posting my OC here, even if you don't get to her.

attachicon.gifc92ba4cb7c348ac763cfd20e9088127c.png

I was starting to wonder, at least I know its a forum issue now :)

I love your oc's colour pallet, it's very much my taste, I will get around to drawing her one day I'm sure!

Edited by Flytee