Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is it possible for Discord to be overprotective of his friends?

SaburoDaimando

This is just something in my headcanon that I think would fit a more post-Twilight's Kingdom Discord. 

In my mind, Discord has become more smitten with the ponies after realizing the magic of friendship.  However, there are time where Discord cares so much about the ponies that he fears something bad will happen to them.  And in some cases, he would go to great lengths to protect them like a parent protecting his/her children.

Scenario: Discord, concerned for the safety of the Cutie Mark Crusaders, goes to great lengths to make sure nothing bad happens to them after they nearly got in trouble with something dangerous.

Do you think something like this would fit Discord in a post-Twilight's Kingdom world?

Edited by SaburoDaimando
  • Brohoof 3

Possibly. I can see it happening in a strange, manipulative kind of way. 

Discord is more likely find some way to warn the others instead of taking any action himself though. Maybe he would, but I doubt it.

I don't think he'd interact much with the CMC for example, but maybe it would be a different scenario, say Fluttershy for example who cares a lot about him, and is his first "true friend".

He certainly has a lot to learn about friendship though, I don't see any major improvements anytime soon, though he'll still retain his shenanigans I'd say. He is the spirit of chaos after all!  :umad:

• Brohoof 1

I can definitely see him being overprotective with Fluttershy. I'd actually really like to see some of that in season five. Whereas earlier he didn't take friendship seriously enough, he's now making an ass of himself by caring too much. Gotta say, that'd be interesting.

I think it would be very interesting to have an episode where Discord saves the Cutie Mark Crusaders, or otherwise helps them a great deal in his underhanded and humerous ways. I absolutely love reformed Discord! I hope to see more of him in season 5!

I can see him being way overprotective out of guilt and in a misguided sort of way. I like the concept in general, and Discord would be hilarious in that situation.