Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private When the Clock Stops RP

Descant

@,

Nox nodded. "That's what he told me...just seems rather strange to call upon random ponies you hurt to suddenly say sorry to." She said, shrugging. "But I was eager to get some time away from home. been rather stressful recently so a break is nice." She said, smiling before standing up straight and stretching her wings. "Wonder how many guests this place could fit..." She mumbled to herself, glancing around and off towards the stairs.

• Brohoof 1

"Probably could fit quite a few ponies...it is pretty big" Equinox said. "I'll say this though if my voice change knock me out..." Equinox said in a very sad tone. "What was you home anyways...by the way you speak you sound...Alhaynian? I guess correct me if I am worng" Equinox said

• Brohoof 1

@,

Walking inside...Frost had definitely underestimated the older stallion. His decor was quite well done, with a rustic antique theme that frankly reminded him...of a mansion. He wasn't as artsy as most ponies that he ran across, and maybe he didn't quite get the concept, but he could appreciate the foyer's design. To be fair, he had expected Grandfather Clock's house to be...well, old for one. Dusty photos, inoperable vacuum tube radios, a musty smell wherever he walked...but somehow, the stallion had managed to keep his belongings quite dust-free and in better condition than the displays of, well a museum. Would he live here? Probably not, but an occasional visit surely wasn't out of the question.

To be perfectly honest, he would've taken the time to admire some of the pieces of fine artwork...if his wandering eyes hadn't found the two young mares setting up the billiards table in the room beyond. "Well, hello there." Chuckling to himself and trying not to go too overboard, he approached the sisters with curiosity. "Sup, ladies? I take it you're Clock's nieces?" To be honest, he did find the blue sister quite...intriguing.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Nox nodded, smiling, not exactly sure why Equinox talked of his voice. "Po! I am Alhaynian. I am from the kingdom of Mal to be exact." She said, watching a light blue colt make his way into the mansion. She didn't let her eyes linger on him however as she turned her attention back to Equinox. "And you? From Equestria, I am assuming?" She asked, tilting her head, her ears flicking a bit in his direction.

• Brohoof 1

((I'm so tired))

Grandfather Clock watched the other ponies, his tardiest visitors, trot inside and begin to socialize with each other. With a glance towards the lonely tombstone in the corner of his courtyard, he took a deep breath and just stared at it. Taking reassurance from it, and steeling himself, he went inside, passed by most of the guests, and began to bustle around the kitchen, preparing the dinner he had planned.

@,

Walking inside...Frost had definitely underestimated the older stallion. His decor was quite well done, with a rustic antique theme that frankly reminded him...of a mansion. He wasn't as artsy as most ponies that he ran across, and maybe he didn't quite get the concept, but he could appreciate the foyer's design. To be fair, he had expected Grandfather Clock's house to be...well, old for one. Dusty photos, inoperable vacuum tube radios, a musty smell wherever he walked...but somehow, the stallion had managed to keep his belongings quite dust-free and in better condition than the displays of, well a museum. Would he live here? Probably not, but an occasional visit surely wasn't out of the question.

To be perfectly honest, he would've taken the time to admire some of the pieces of fine artwork...if his wandering eyes hadn't found the two young mares setting up the billiards table in the room beyond. "Well, hello there." Chuckling to himself and trying not to go too overboard, he approached the sisters with curiosity. "Sup, ladies? I take it you're Clock's nieces?" To be honest, he did find the blue sister quite...intriguing.

Deep red eyes peeped out from under the pale mane and dark streaks, but it was from beneath the green eyes that the response came. Feeling a bit like a broken record player, and smiling faintly, Sunburst said, "Throw a couple of Great-s in there and you've got it, guy." "I'm Moonstruck," the younger said, sort of blurting it out. Sunburst gave her sister a weird look, raising an eyebrow, and casually added, "and I'm Sunburst. You?"

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah I am from Equestria but I have been around to other places as well" Equinox said. "I'm not sure if i have been to the Kingdom of Mal yet though" Equinox said before he looked around. "Many more ponies seemed to appear...I wonder if this is all of them...or are there going to be more"

• Brohoof 1

@,

@,

((No troubles, Dez. Take your time and be sure to get some sleep!))

Nox couldn't help but give a smirk. If he visited she was pretty sure he'd be in for quite the surprise...it was very different from most other places. "I don't know. But if you will excuse me I'd like to talk to Grandfather Clock for one moment." She said, kindly, giving him a small bow and a nod before turning to walk towards the kitchen where she'd seen Grandfather enter. She gave the door a tap and gave him a faint smile. "Need some help?" She asked. "I was...um...looking at your kitchen earlier...its quite beautiful." She said, stepping in but remaining by the door till he answered her question.

Edited by Fire Sky
  • Brohoof 2

@,

The pegasus grinned at the younger sister's reaction, giving them both a quick bow. "My apologies for the mistake. Name's Arctic Frost, lead singer and guitarist of the band Razorwing. Nice to meet you both." Whether they knew of him or not, that wasn't what was on his mind. Hell, most ponies probably HAD heard of his band before; he wasn't one to gloat about it. Well...maybe a little, but now wasn't the time for that. "You two getting ready to play a game? Hope you don't mind a spectator; I love me a good game of pool."

• Brohoof 1

@,

@,

((No troubles, Dez. Take your time and be sure to get some sleep!))

Nox couldn't help but give a smirk. If he visited she was pretty sure he'd be in for quite the surprise...it was very different from most other places. "I don't know. But if you will excuse me I'd like to talk to Grandfather Clock for one moment." She said, kindly, giving him a small bow and a nod before turning to walk towards the kitchen where she'd seen Grandfather enter. She gave the door a tap and gave him a faint smile. "Need some help?" She asked. "I was...um...looking at your kitchen earlier...its quite beautiful." She said, stepping in but remaining by the door till he answered her question.

((What is sleep?))

Grandfather Clock looked around, smiling. "Well, usually it's rude to make a guest do any of the housework or preparations for a party, but if you want to lend a hoof I won't stop you." Still smiling faintly, he inclined his head, acknowledging the mare's compliment. "Thank you kindly. It wasn't my design, I've never had an eye for stuff like this. It's all my wife's handiwork in here."

@,

The pegasus grinned at the younger sister's reaction, giving them both a quick bow. "My apologies for the mistake. Name's Arctic Frost, lead singer and guitarist of the band Razorwing. Nice to meet you both." Whether they knew of him or not, that wasn't what was on his mind. Hell, most ponies probably HAD heard of his band before; he wasn't one to gloat about it. Well...maybe a little, but now wasn't the time for that. "You two getting ready to play a game? Hope you don't mind a spectator; I love me a good game of pool."

Blank looks on both faces. Who? Were they suppose to recognize that?

Ah well. "Sure, we'll play with you," Sunburst said, smiling. "Might not hurt to find us a fourth, though, so we can actually play teams."

She looked meaningfully across the room at the other two present.

@@Marathon@,

• Brohoof 1

@ @,

((Don't worry, I gotcha.))

Stellar was just honestly bored. He knew that he had to catch up with Grandfather Clock, but how rude would it be if he were to lure him off someplace else? Quite, to answer my question! He leaped off the stool, before catching a small bit of earshot about needing an extra player for some billiards. Well, it's not my strong suit. Perhaps it would be fun...

"Don't mean to interrupt anything for you gals and colt from your conversation, but I couldn't help but hear from afar that you require a fourth member for your round? I'd gladly be your knight in shining armor for your predicament. Now! What be your lovely names?" Stellar happened to call out, immediately getting in between the two of the mares, while taking a glance to the odd colt in front of him.

Edited by Rockshire
  • Brohoof 1

Grandfather Clock looked around, smiling. "Well, usually it's rude to make a guest do any of the housework or preparations for a party, but if you want to lend a hoof I won't stop you." Still smiling faintly, he inclined his head, acknowledging the mare's compliment. "Thank you kindly. It wasn't my design, I've never had an eye for stuff like this. It's all my wife's handiwork in here."

@,

"She must have had quite the eye for decoration." She said, smiling and stepping in a little farther to begin chopping up some veggies. "Either way, you seem to have kept it tidy. The flowers on the tables and things like them. Unless you just did that for us as guests, which is making sense. The workers around my home usually keep things...ah...clean! Ready for when I may have guests!" She smiled a bit and continued to chop up the veggies into some thin slices for Grandfather's food.

• Brohoof 2

@, @,

((I totally wasn't listening to

while I was typing this.))

Frost cocked an eyebrow at this newcomer, clearly thrown off by the bright flash of his mane. He'd seen ponies with bright-colored hair at his shows, but most of them had been...mares. Some of which he had decided to hit on and failed horribly. It was funny, in a way. There was also a growing part of his mind that absolutely wanted to accept Stellar's challenge, especially since it was starting to look like the stallion was trying to show him up. And he wasn't even trying to hide it. Nevertheless; he wasn't going to back down from a challenge when mares were involved. "Could be fun; I'd say let's wing it." The pegasus snickered, clearly not intending the pun. "That is, if the ladies don't mind." He snuck a wink at Moonstruck, setting his guitar case down by the cue rack.

• Brohoof 2

((So sorry guys... Busy week. So busy. Still so tired. But I've kept you waiting long enough))

@ @,

((Don't worry, I gotcha.))

Stellar was just honestly bored. He knew that he had to catch up with Grandfather Clock, but how rude would it be if he were to lure him off someplace else? Quite, to answer my question! He leaped off the stool, before catching a small bit of earshot about needing an extra player for some billiards. Well, it's not my strong suit. Perhaps it would be fun...

"Don't mean to interrupt anything for you gals and colt from your conversation, but I couldn't help but hear from afar that you require a fourth member for your round? I'd gladly be your knight in shining armor for your predicament. Now! What be your lovely names?" Stellar happened to call out, immediately getting in between the two of the mares, while taking a glance to the odd colt in front of him.

Sunburst smiled at the newcomer as her eyes danced over his... well, rather fabulous figure. "Sunburst, and my sister over there is Moonstruck." Moonstruck wasn't paying attention. She seemed to have drifted away inside her mind somewhere. "And you?" Sunburst asked, trotting around the table to the stranger's side.

@, @,

((I totally wasn't listening to

while I was typing this.))

Frost cocked an eyebrow at this newcomer, clearly thrown off by the bright flash of his mane. He'd seen ponies with bright-colored hair at his shows, but most of them had been...mares. Some of which he had decided to hit on and failed horribly. It was funny, in a way. There was also a growing part of his mind that absolutely wanted to accept Stellar's challenge, especially since it was starting to look like the stallion was trying to show him up. And he wasn't even trying to hide it. Nevertheless; he wasn't going to back down from a challenge when mares were involved. "Could be fun; I'd say let's wing it." The pegasus snickered, clearly not intending the pun. "That is, if the ladies don't mind." He snuck a wink at Moonstruck, setting his guitar case down by the cue rack.

Moonstruck missed the wink, but being spoken to drew her back into this realm of worldly happenings. 

"Sounds good." 

"I guess these are our teams," Sunburst decided, since they were already split by the table. She grabbed a number of pool cues from the wall, and hovered one to each participant.

@,

"She must have had quite the eye for decoration." She said, smiling and stepping in a little farther to begin chopping up some veggies. "Either way, you seem to have kept it tidy. The flowers on the tables and things like them. Unless you just did that for us as guests, which is making sense. The workers around my home usually keep things...ah...clean! Ready for when I may have guests!" She smiled a bit and continued to chop up the veggies into some thin slices for Grandfather's food.

Grandfather's smile held a slight sadness as he thought back. "I do my best to keep things the way she would have liked them," he said, clearly calling back a fond memory as he began slicing up some fruit. "Not much has really changed in the way things have been run around here in ages." He seemed a little embarrassed about it.

• Brohoof 1

Grandfather's smile held a slight sadness as he thought back. "I do my best to keep things the way she would have liked them," he said, clearly calling back a fond memory as he began slicing up some fruit. "Not much has really changed in the way things have been run around here in ages." He seemed a little embarrassed about it.

((Sooo...kinda forgot to mention that tomorrow I'm gonna be going away for a couple weeks D=))

Nox smiled and shrugged, chuckling. "No need to feel shy about things. It gives the place...um..." She trailed off, rolling a carrot onto the cutting board to chop it up as she thought about the right word. "Style...no...class!" She smiled and scraped some of the veggies to the edge of the counter, moving to begin chopping the next few veggies, her tail swishing about behind her. "Where do you want these?" She asked, gesturing to the veggies she'd chopped up.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

((We paused literally the whole RP for a month to give you a chance to get back. Did it work?))

((Sooo...kinda forgot to mention that tomorrow I'm gonna be going away for a couple weeks D=))

Nox smiled and shrugged, chuckling. "No need to feel shy about things. It gives the place...um..." She trailed off, rolling a carrot onto the cutting board to chop it up as she thought about the right word. "Style...no...class!" She smiled and scraped some of the veggies to the edge of the counter, moving to begin chopping the next few veggies, her tail swishing about behind her. "Where do you want these?" She asked, gesturing to the veggies she'd chopped up.

Grandfather smiled softly, appearing mollified at Nox's words. "Dump them into the bowl," he said. "It is a bit dated, though, isn't it?" He chuckled softly. "Suits my tastes just fine, but then again I remember when we used to have the neighboring dinosaur ponies over for dinner."