Azure Envy

Destiny Game Discussion  

25 users have voted

1. 1. What are you getting Destiny for?

• PS4
    • XBOX ONE
    • PS3
    • XBOX 360
  2. 2. What class will you be playing first?

• Hunter
    • Titan
    • Warlock
  3. 3. What species?

• Exo
    • Awoken
    • Human

I need two other guardians on the xbox one to do the weekly heroic strike with me.

I think you have to be at least level 18 to do it, so there's that. The rewards are 3 strange coins, which are used to buy exotic weapons and armour from some guy. 3 vanguard marks, which is used to buy legendary weapons and armour. And 150 vanguard reputation, which is needed to level up and be able to buy the vanguard shit.

If anyone wants to do this then just either pm me, leave a comment on my profile, or reply here. I'll be doing it at roughly 7pm BST. But I will be on from 7-10pm BST probably. I'd advise everyone, no matter what console, to do this. As exotic is the best stuff in the game, right now I think the weapon is like the red death or something. Which is a pulse rifle.

If you can do it more than once I would recommend getting two other people than can play for a few hours and do the same thing over and over. As doing this 5 times will get you enough coins to buy a piece of armour. And also get you almost to the next vanguard rank, depending on what one you are.

• 3 weeks later...

Let's bump up this thread, shall we? :squee:

My character, as of tonight.

I've got 3 Exotic weapons. And one Exotic Armour piece.

Exotic Weapons being:

~Bad Juju Pulse Rifle

~Invective Shotgun 

~Invective Shotgun

All of which have been acquired through the Exotic Weapon Bounties.

post-16340-0-53157600-1412490093_thumb.png

I'm also ranked 2 for Queen's Rep.

Though, I'd like to get 2 people to do a Queen's Wrath Mission or two with me....as I"d really like the Sniper rifle and Armour from it.

I have yet to find a good Sniper Rifle (Legendary)...I've gotten Legendary Everything else,(Fusion Rifle,Machine Gun, Rocket Launchers Pulse Rifles, Auto Rifles) But not a single Sniper Rifle.

So, I'm getting some Vanguard Marks and buying the one they have,as it's pretty decent looking. Though,knowing my luck, I'll buy it and then find an Engram, decode it, and it'll be a sniper rifle.

Really enjoying this game.Looking forward to the Expansions coming out, since I bought the Limited Edition.

post-16340-0-53157600-1412490093_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

Well tonight I just got 2 legendary shotguns, a legendary rocket launcher, and the Universal Remote which is an exotic shotgun that works as a primary and will do extra damage to oricles when upgraded.

@, What system do you play on? If you're on ps4 I'd do them with you.

Honestly, Destiny is a good game. Despite its flaws, lack of story, crappy voice acting and whatnot...it still draws me and many other people back in daily. Its addictive, which is a sign of a "good" game.

This being said, the game is far from being great. Bungie needs to work on the problems if they want Destiny to be great, but it definitely has the capacity to be just that.

And then it turned out to be the BIGGEST grind-fest game I've ever played in my entire life, and all loot based off a freakin' random number calculator!

And then it turned out to be the BIGGEST grind-fest game I've ever played in my entire life, and all loot based off a freakin' random number calculator!

Except for the part where you can buy legendary equipment from faction vendors, brah.

Except for the part where you can buy legendary equipment from faction vendors, brah.

Screw legendary(s)! I WANT EXOTICS!  :(

@@Derplight Sperkle,

Yeah, that kind of bullshit pisses me off. Also the fact that you CANNOT trade or sell loot with other players.

Edited by Guest

Screw legendary(s)! I WANT EXOTICS!  :(

So then buy them from Xan on the weekends. This myth that Destiny is all based around RNG is kind of ridiculous :\

Edited by TenorSounds

@@TenorSounds

How is it a myth? It's the luck-based loot in the endgame that pisses me off. You can go through several Strikes without getting lucky once, which stops your progress entirely. That's not fun what-so-ever.

@@TenorSounds

How is it a myth? It's the luck-based loot in the endgame that pisses me off. You can go through several Strikes without getting lucky once, which stops your progress entirely. That's not fun what-so-ever.

Why do you need to get lucky on a strike? Just make sure you get your marks for the week and do the dailies for strange coins and you'll have more than enough to buy the legandaries and exotics you want. The random loot is supplementary.

• Brohoof 1

Why do you need to get lucky on a strike? Just make sure you get your marks for the week and do the dailies for strange coins and you'll have more than enough to buy the legandaries and exotics you want. The random loot is supplementary.

I just don't like that the game is based around a RNG, in terms of loot drop, to the point where it doesn't matter how hard you work or how good you are.

This. Though they have buffed the strikes so you're more likely to get blues (or at least I do, I always leave with 3 or more), and get at least 1 if you do the level 24s. The nightfall guarantees you a legendary at least. Same with Vault of Glass. As for exotics just keep doing bounties, do enough and be a high enough level and you'll get exotic bounties eventually. I've already done one and have three more sitting waiting for xur or for a perfect strike. Early game is based on RNG, yes. But later on there's plenty of other ways. 

Honestly though my gloves and boots were Vanguard bought, and my mask and helmet are from the Queen when she was there. It's also a lot less "grindy" feeling if you play with some friends. The only reason you should have to do strikes is to get the marks for the vanguard gear. And even then you could just farm public events, guaranteed 4 marks each time you get a gold.

I've put way too much time into this game  :derp:

I just don't like that the game is based around a RNG, in terms of loot drop, to the point where it doesn't matter how hard you work or how good you are.

Except that is specifically matters how hard you work, since you have to put in time to get the faction currency as opposed to relying solely on random, lucky drops.

It's not like Diablo III where you throw yourself at a boss hoping it drops a rare thing, you have to set goals and meet them by putting in the work. You want that full set of Dead Orbit legendary armor? You better make sure you're hitting the weekly cap for your crucible marks and building reputation. Want exotics? Make sure you're doing as many bounties as you can to get the exotic bounties to show, and do the dailies so you get those strange coins to buy what you need from Xan.

Destiny is that exact opposite of what you're saying you don't like about it.

Edited by TenorSounds

@@TenorSounds,

Are we talking about purchasing gear, or loot drops? Or legendary engrams that can give you a green instead of a purple? 

@@TenorSounds,

Are we talking about purchasing gear, or loot drops? Or legendary engrams that can give you a green instead of a purple? 

We're talking about progressing in the game, which seems to be what you're having an issue with. I'm saying that complaining about the RNG (in this context) is pointless since that stuff is supplementary anyway, and that the intended manner of primary progression is working towards guaranteed purchases.

I actually do think the engram stuff was terrible, but to be fair they've already released a patch that makes it so engrams will only decode into their rarity or higher. That means no more green/blue equipment from legendary engrams.

Edited by TenorSounds

@@TenorSounds,

I just had to rant on something, when I got jack shit and my friends got some good stuff. Pissed me off. 

Well yeah, that sucks. But thems the breaks. I pissed my friends off when I got a legendary engram (pre-patch) and they were all "Don't get your hopes up, we haven't gotten a single legendary and we've gotten a dozen of those" and I proceeded to get legendary boots on the first try.

Like a boss  B)