Azure Envy

Destiny Game Discussion  

25 users have voted

1. 1. What are you getting Destiny for?

• PS4
    • XBOX ONE
    • PS3
    • XBOX 360
  2. 2. What class will you be playing first?

• Hunter
    • Titan
    • Warlock
  3. 3. What species?

• Exo
    • Awoken
    • Human

Well yeah, that sucks. But thems the breaks. I pissed my friends off when I got a legendary engram (pre-patch) and they were all "Don't get your hopes up, we haven't gotten a single legendary and we've gotten a dozen of those" and I proceeded to get legendary boots on the first try.

Like a boss  B)

Lol, shattering gamer-hearts since early-alpha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Welcome to the Forums @VulpineTaco. We already have a thread discussing Destiny and I went ahead and merged this as a courtesy since it was a post you put a reasonable amount of thought into. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, I've finally done it. 
I've played Destiny.
And I was sorely burned.

For those who don't know, Destiny is an MMOFPS made by Bungie, the same guys who created the Halo franchise, so they know what they're doing in terms of gunplay. The guns feel visceral, like they would in reality. The sound and the weapon kick is great, and everything in that respect feels top notch. On top of that, the aesthetic is lovely, the UI is great (subtle color changes to convey information is a smart move), and customization is tons of fun. But in all of that, it feels hollow. Playing Destiny, I didn't really feel like I was a part of a larger world, it felt like nothing I did mattered in any way, shape or form. The MMO elements are barely there, as there aren't that many people ever on one planet. Missions are the same formula over and over, with barely any variety, which makes it feel bland. Enemies give you the same amount of experience regardless of your level, so to level up you just sit outside of whatever the new hot "grinding spot" is and open fire on wherever enemies are coming from, which is a problem most MMOs sorted out a long time ago. The story is bare minimum, even going so far as to make you go to Bungie's website to even get a grip on what is really going on. Some people have made jabs at me because I like Borderlands, but not this, and that's because Borderlands has a soul. It has a great sense of humor that kept me going through the bullet-spongy gunplay (which is a problem that plagues Destiny), but in contrast, Destiny takes itself too seriously, which makes it feel all-around boring. Boss monsters are unimaginative (usually just waves of enemies with one bullet sponge of a boss in the center, with no real attack variety), and the game runs at 30 FPS, which is inexcusable when even the Nintendo 64 could run at 60. Also, I just want to point out that playing a first-person shooter with a controller is, as Totalbiscuit says, "Less like shooting and more like herding your bullets in the general direction of your target and hoping they hit." Class variety is also lacking, as there are only 3 basic classes to play, whereas even at the beginning of World of Warcraft's lifespan, it had many, many more to choose from. 

I wanted to love Destiny, and, looking at the initial design, I thought I would, but it ended up being a boring MMOFPS that has an inexcusably low amount of content. Hopefully, by the time it come out on PC, it's improved.

I haven't got round to getting Destiny yet but when i do it will be for PS4.

I have seen the same comments about the game being repetitive and the story being lackluster. 

I didn't understand why it was an MMO either as Bungie said it would be a huge interactive open world game with lots of players. They could have just added an offline single player mode.

Also the game didn't get great reviews considering it was one of the most hyped up games for this year.

Would you say it's worth buying?

• 2 weeks later...