Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are you good at?

Wind Chaser

Well I'm fairly good at math, I have that Asian blood in me so I guess that counts towards it. I've also been told I'm good at writing, specifically grammar, character development, and roleplaying. I don't particularly like either of those things too much though, but it is nice to have those skills.

I can also type relatively fast (accuracy takes a hit when I try to go too fast tho).

I'm pretty good at certain video games, although I guess anyone could be if you sink enough hours into them.

I think the thing that I'm the best at in general is just adapting and being flexible. Like, if you know me IRL you'll know that I complain a lot, but that complaining is just how I cope. My life has taken so many hairpin sharp turns in the past few years and I feel like I've done my best to adapt to those changes pretty well. I've learned techniques to squash stress (ahem lofi hip hop and iced coffee), I've shed off some old toxic friends and made some new better ones, etc.

I'm not that good with self-esteem tho, and I kind of feel like I'm bragging now, so I'll just shut up.

• Brohoof 1

On 2/2/2019 at 7:31 PM, Angel_Dust said:

In all honesty, next to nothing. 

And that was the really bad depression I had at the time talking.

• I'm pretty good at math. My mental math abilities are definitely better than average in particular.
  • I'm pretty decent at a few games. Just got into Diamond in ranked Paladins a week or two ago, and I used to be pretty decent at Smash Bros. Never got into any tournaments, but I was able to beat one of the better players in San Antonio at Smash 4 with Yoshi of all characters (he wasn't too great in 4), which can't be too bad.
  • If I actually get back into doing more running short distance, I would be pretty decent at sprinting. Used to be almost as good as people on the Track team in high school. :secret:
  • I'm pretty good at managing my own finances as far as I can tell. I never get any money, but I'm still sitting here with about $150 in my wallet. Not bad. I also got through a convention spending only $40. Considering that prices for merch at conventions are absurd, that's a bit of an accomplishment considering just how many things caught my eye.
  • I get really good at playing the Tuba in high school. Almost made it into All-State Band one year, AKA a band with only the best in my division in the state. (Top 8 who competed go there, and I got 13th at All-Area, which is essentially a qualifier for All-State).

Pretty sure the list of things I'm bad at compared to everyone else is way longer than that... You know, the usual talking to people, almost anything physical, not procrastinating, stuff like that.

Edited by Angel_Dust

• 2 years later...

I'm (hopefully) good at making fan art, signatures and banners for My Friends. I also like to think that I'm a good writer. 

I also hope I'm good at making My Friends on MLPF smile and/or feel happy when they talk to me. :coco:

Edited by Sparklefan1234

I'm very good at adapting. The last eight months have really tested my ability to adapt to a lot of harsh situations and making the most with very little. Tough experiences, but I'm grateful for them.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I'm (hopefully) good at making fan art, signatures and banners for My Friends. I also like to think that I'm a good writer. 

I also hope I'm good at making My Friends on MLPF smile and/or feel happy when they talk to me. :coco:

You’re definitely good at all those things, Bestie :kindness:

I’m good at drawing, writing, helping others, and organizing.

• Brohoof 1

Being peaceful, that's what I'm best at. :) I'm also very good at coming up with new ideas and concepts, world-building. I'm also good at not spending money. :ButtercupLaugh: Everything else is relative. I'm good at video games, but compared to pro gamers and speedrunners I'm just a casual gamer, haha. And I think I have some talent for art, I believe I could become very good if I would invest the time in it. Maybe even programming, I like the logic behind it. But I don't, because I couldn't find a personal meaning or purpose in it (yet?). I find to just fantasize about my ideas as the most exciting. :squee: It is alive, everypony moves and talks, you can even touch objects and imagine what it all feels like etc. It's more like a movie, closer to real life and you are in the midst of it. While a painting can take up to some days and it's still just one image in the end. I can use the same time to experience sooo much more! :wub:

• Brohoof 1

-Drawing
-Editing video's
-Photography {animals}
-Being on my own ; A ; - i feel more relaxed when no one bugs me haha
-Helping people {irl}
-Listening

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...
On 2022-04-23 at 2:51 PM, Props ValRoa said:

Using my own discernment to determine what is true and what is not. Not many people have this ability.

This, always this...

This whole thread however is very similar to the "things you are surprisingly good at" topic, so I don't want to be a broken record here, 

A few things, but I'm no good at plenty of things to, I feel like boasting about things I'm good at should be on a resume or something, if friends want to know it will come up in our discussion

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Spook Conundrum said:

This, always this...

This whole thread however is very similar to the "things you are surprisingly good at" topic, so I don't want to be a broken record here, 

A few things, but I'm no good at plenty of things to, I feel like boasting about things I'm good at should be on a resume or something, if friends want to know it will come up in our discussion

Have to wonder if "boasting" is your favorite word:wau:  

I'm good with tech (I have assembled computers for myself and some people that I know, also I understand computer networks and have a nice network setup at home. Shared files across Windows and Android devices, etc stuff. But I wouldn't call myself a pro because I do this in my free time and as a hobby). I also speak 3 languages. English being my 3rd.

My abilities:

- drawing;

- making music;

- animating;

- making games;

- making pixelart;

- making text art;

- making memes;

- making origami and other paper art;

- playing hard games;

- solving math problems;

- solving puzzles;

- writing stories;

- writing poetry;

- writing songs;

- fixing broken things;

- making people laugh;

- saying the first 100 decimals of pi from memory;

- and many others.

Spoiler

I don't like bragging too much about my abilities, but since this thread encourages me to do so, I guess I have no choice.

• 7 months later...
55 minutes ago, Aurelion Star said:

I'm good at drawing arts 

I'm a bit confident in singing 

I'm good at dancing 

(Why not use those skills of yours for side hustle then?.)

Anyway im good at annoying people...

Quite an expert at chaos aswell ( see what i did there? People hate it when you stick as and well together... They'll complain it's not a one word, word. It's seperate.)

• Brohoof 1

I'm good at coming up with ideas. They're often kinda out there, but I usually manage to find a way to put them together. :p

• Brohoof 1