Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Board games turned into movies

rainbowsmash13

What do you think of Ouija board movie  and battleship after these are made what other board games would you most want to see turned into movie's and what would the plot be. And you can change your produced and director to someone besides Michael bay if you want

I think chess would work really well just two army's fighting and the commanders give out chess metaphors every time something happens

But I mostly want Hasbro games turned into movies

Well, the issue with board game movies is that board games don't often have a coherent enough plot to make a decent movie. Thus you end up with oddities like Battleship, were the board game mechanics get a half hour reference and take a back seat to aliens.

But I still hold out for a Candy Land movie about political intrigue. 

• Brohoof 1

I want to see the inevitable Monopoly movie. About the only things we could be certain of is that it will take place in Atlantic City and it will feature really rich people. Beyond that it could be anything from Annie to There Will Be Blood.

• Brohoof 2

I want to see the inevitable Monopoly movie. About the only things we could be certain of is that it will take place in Atlantic City and it will feature really rich people. Beyond that it could be anything from Annie to There Will Be Blood.

Change the premise  from land ownership to underground bootlegging, and Monopoly:The tv show, already exists.

• Brohoof 1

I think that snakes and ladders would be cool I got a climatic seen. The hero's are running away from the giant snakes trying to escape on to higher count by climbing up a ladder one of them cant hold on and falls and then slides down the snakes back and is now at the start of the room. And for the first person to make it out of this place they get a treasure so they are competing against each outer

In a world where corruption and politics walk hand in hand, whistleblowers have been all but silenced by the might of the Global Inquisition. Until NOW. Four prisoners have escaped from their detention cells, but they just have no idea how big their prison actually is.

*dramatic establishing shot over giant tunnel/cavern system*

Booby traps and secret passages litter the caverns and there is only one exit. They have three days to find their way out of the labyrinth before death takes them.

They will escape their captors... or die trying...

Snakes and Ladders. Coming soon to a theater near you.

I tried my best. I'm in software, not marketing :P

• Brohoof 1

Battleship is a good example of why taking a property that started as a board game and making it into a movie is a bad idea, unless the board game actually has a story around it. Games like Battleship..well, they usually don't.

If they want to though, since obvious the movie industry will exploit anything that they can, how about a movie for the game 'Anticipation'? Have a bunch of people in a maze kinda deal and they have to escape but there is a really loud clock timer that is ticking down and when it goes off, a hazard will occur that they have to avoid.

That might actually be more true to the game than Battleship was. Since, well, Battleship had nothing to do with the game at all.

Slow ominous music plays. A strange alien creature sets a metal disc on the ground.

"I don't understand, what is it?"

"It's a test. They're testing us. We have to find the pieces to complete it."

Modulated Alien Voice: "Humanity is weak. Their knowledge limited. You shall be judged."

The music intensifies.

Alien voice: "The atomic weight of boron? The name of Don Quijote's horse? The Winner of the 1967 World Series?"

"I don't know, I don't know!" Laser blast. "Aghhh!"

"They killed him!"

"I told you they weren't messing around. This isn't some...

"Trivial Pursuit."

• Brohoof 1

I kinda want to see the ouija movie.  I can see that being a good movie, because really, the game has so many stories about it already.

Candy land would be pretty awesome, but i think it might be a little too much like wreck it ralph.