Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Discovery Taking Control over The Hub

EquestriaGuy

Hasbro and whatever that other company that was in the business thing for The Hub have dissolved the partnership.

Since Hasbro owns MLP:FiM, what does this mean for us Bronies?

Well, I will tell you what.

It means we'll be missing our ponies.

Hopefully they keep MLP:FiM going, though... :(

Even if the dissolved the partnership that doesn't mean the show won't still run on the channel, methinks. Maybe it'll go on another channel, maybe it'll stay where it is, or maybe they'll just stream it from their own website with paid subscriptions and continue to release it on DVD for us plebs who have no cable and can't watch it anyway.

• Brohoof 1

Hasbro has not backed out of the Hub. Discovery has acquired 10% of Hasbro's share, which gives them controlling interest in the network, and why it is being rebranded as Discovery Family. 

MLP is not going away, it will remain on this same network, Hasbro is still in this. 

• Brohoof 5

Discovery has always owned this channel, before the Hub, it was Discovery Kids, remember that? I do, just barely, regardless on how you feel, just remind yourself, what did the Hub did for you? In four years, this channel gave us My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, Dan Vs., and the Littlest Pet Shop, plus some nostalgic shows like Transformers, Batman the Animated Series, Superman the Animated Series, Fraggle Rock, Animaniacs, and so much more, I can paddle on, I am just grateful that such a channel existed, and at least it went out on a high note, rather than a period of indignant decline, like Disney or Cartoon Network, so long as the ponies are still showing, and the pets still have a place, I will remain in attendance with the rest of the audience, so I end by saying farewell Hub, we thank you.  

• Brohoof 4

I'm well aware Hasbro now only owns a specific block on DF, but I still can't fathom the logic in debuting EQG 2 at 3:30 in the afternoon, rather than primetime. If they aired it in primetime, considering the rave reviews from most fans, and critics, that airing would pull in well over 700k viewers. There is absolutely nothing on that channel that will ever bring in what MLP brings in, and they're wasting this opportunity. 

Should we be worried now that DF takes over airing MLP? Its still MLP FIM, right? Nothing's changed? Still the same?

hasbro owns the block that MLP airs in. Regardless, Hasbro has full control over the show, it was never The Hub.

No need to worry! Here's something I found on the wall street journal!

Hasbro will retain a large stake in the service and control a chunk of programming during the day. 'My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic' is one show on the Hub that is based on a Hasbro toy

This means Hasbro may still allow Ponies on discovery family.

Ponies won't be going anywhere. The network it's shown on is just getting a face change. The schedule may change a little bit, but we shouldn't panic and kill our families, because everything will be hunky dory.

• Brohoof 1