Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have a job? Where do you work?

7uprulez

So I was just bored and curious, I know a lot of you probably have jobs, so where do you work if you have a job?

I don't have a job at the moment but I worked at a McDonalds for my summer job this year. It wasnt that fun, but whatever.. lol

I also don't have a job. I don't think I ever will because stuff like that gives me severe stress. I have varying special needs, and I am currently on disability income under my dad. D: I did have a job in my life skills where I was bagging cookies. It was so stressful because they kept telling me to go faster and faster to the point where it threw out my shoulder. I had to quit that job and after that they never forced me into any other jobs. My experiences in that life skills are a whole other story btw...

• Brohoof 3

Sorry to hear about that... My job isn't at all demanding I seriously work at a janky little Pizza Hut. I might have to get a fatory job soon though, or I might not be able to survive any longer. Which is really sad, I enjoy my job and the people I work with... it's not really work intensive at all.

Edited by Bright Bastion
  • Brohoof 2

I do not have a job. I get disability thanks to different problems, like severe anxiety, nervous twitches, social anxiety, and other stuff(Due to severe Asperger's and who knows what else). I try to live within my means though and enjoy my life for what it is. My life skills are terrible and my life isn't worth much but I suppose it doesn't matter if I am happy, which I try to be.

• Brohoof 3

For the past year and a half, I worked/helped operate a small town Meat Locker/Grocery Store. I was the only employee and helped my boss run the business, so we became more like partners than employee/employer. However, last month, he had a severe heart attack and had triple bypass surgery. He is doing well now, but due to the bad timing (our biggest money maker, hunting season is coming up) he is stuck in bed rest for 8 weeks and thus cannot do any fall butchering. Even with the high meat prices and other lockers in our area closing doors, we were getting by (barely but we were). But this unforeseen circumstance just plowed us under. So currently I am jobless....

On the flip side, due to the slowdown of business this past spring, I decided to sign up for college (again), which started the week after his heart attack. So I guess God knew what was coming (we surely didn't). I am currently working on getting a Welding Degree, and hope to (in the short term), work where my husband currently does now, at a place that manufactures cabs for different construction/transport machinery (like CAT, John Deere, etc). In the long term, I hope to get into the local Pipefitter/Steamfitters Union....

• Brohoof 2

Not yet... I'm too young to have one. xP

I am on the lookout for a job at the moment, however. Preferably something genuine considering that working at places like McDonald's doesn't get me all that much... xP

Edited by Mienshao
  • Brohoof 1

It was so stressful because they kept telling me to go faster and faster to the point where it threw out my shoulder.

I am sorry to hear that, work injuries are not fun are they? I have had 5 knee injuries, 4 of which were workers comp matters and one of the factors that caused them, especially the more recent ones is the pressure to keep going faster and faster. As I have said on another thread just like this one I am a dairy clerk and backup checker and the irony is that being in the checkstands is even harder on me physically than stocking is and I have severe anxiety problems about being up there and because there is so much going on I don't pick up on certain social cues I normally do which has lead to several misunderstandings with customers, both of which are in part due to me being on the Autism spectrum.

If my plans succeed though I will become a Receiver (back room manager) and no longer have to worry about any of that anymore. It is one of the toughest jobs to get in my store but with the current Receiver going out on knee surgery next month he will need someone to cover for him and he may retire soon. I am going to try to convince them to make me a backup Receiver so I can get a chance to show them that I can do it.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 2

I work as a loan clerk at the Whitesville State Bank; which is a small community bank with only four branches spread across two counties in southern West Virginia. I happen to work at the main branch. :)

I am sorry to hear that, work injuries are not fun are they? I have had 5 knee injuries, 4 of which were workers comp matters and one of the factors that caused them, especially the more recent ones is the pressure to keep going faster and faster. As I have said on another thread just like this one I am a dairy clerk and backup checker and the irony is that being in the checkstands is even harder on me physically than stocking is and I have severe anxiety problems about being up there and because there is so much going on I don't pick up on certain social cues I normally do which has lead to several misunderstandings with customers, both of which are in part due to me being on the Autism spectrum.

If my plans succeed though I will become a Receiver (back room manager) and no longer have to worry about any of that anymore. It is one of the toughest jobs to get in my store but with the current Receiver going out on knee surgery next month he will need someone to cover for him and he may retire soon. I am going to try to convince them to make me a backup Receiver so I can get a chance to show them that I can do it.

I didn't get the injury FROM the job per se. I just have a very bad shoulder that became aggravated by the repetitive movements they were making me do. The fact that were trying to get me to go fast only made it worse. Most of the time, my shoulder is fine as long as I'm doing anything repetitive that moves the shoulder around a lot. Things like typing, playing video games and writing on my iPad don't bother at as much something more forceful. There are a number of other reasons why I can't hold down a job. I have a hard time being able to go through job routine without constantly being reminded what I need to do. I can only do one thing at a time, and I have a hard time with doing more than one task at a time. My mind just doesn't connect well when it comes to these things. There are ton of other reasons I can't think of that really make holding down a job challenging. ><

I work at Elevation Burger. They started me at a decent pay rate (not minimum). It's a fast job sometimes so I'll be running around wherever I'm needed.

I hate screwing up of course (last time was horrible -_-), and I also don't like it when a certain someone is there since all he ever talks about to me is about how I messed up or could have screwed up, and he even questioned my intelligence at one point :okiedokielokie:. He doesn't even say hi or anything else specifically to me. Well here's what I have to say: *censored*

Edited by SparkWolf

I work in a bookies (betting shop). I kinda hate it  >_> been trying to get another job for quite a while, but not been successful so far. I like and get on with just about all the people I work with, but don't like the people I work for. I hate the hours I work, shop doesn't close until 10pm, and I'm not even on full time hours just now (only contracted 30 hours), and some of the members of the public you have to deal with would honestly rot your brain. Really wish I picked out my career years ago and worked specifically towards that rather than just getting my degree and then trying to figure it out.

I work as an overnight stocker at a grocery store.

Depending on the management it can either be an almost relaxing job, or it can be super-stressful and strenuous. Unfortunately now it falls toward the second... The hours have completely messed up my ability to sleep as well (whereas I used to make eight hours of sleep every night.), so now I go into work every night with a hurting back and a lack of sleep. Tired is a now a permanent state for me.

Edited by Envy

I have a job in my Country I work with graphic product is a scholarship that I got in college, and I'm starting a project Illustration and Animation that is part of my course that I consider a job to be well draining. 

My job is basically to make product design depending on the company and I am also assistant animator in my family work with Flash animation and illustration ...

I do, and it's not too bad.

Sometimes I'm busy, sometimes I'm not.

I presently work in purchasing.

ORIGIN STORY TIME!

Around June, 2007, a handsome stallion learned of a welding job opening up, and applied so fast, that his boss at Walmart caught fire from the tailwind. Despite applying to be a welder, he was hired as a painters assistant, but the pay was still better than Walmart, so whatever, he took it. He cleaned the painters equipment day in and day out, and it was fun, because the painter was a good guy who cared only about enjoying his days. Then, one day, the painter was sick! Oh no! The young stallion was daunted at the idea that he had to do the painters job! But he did what he did every day, setting out the equipment, cleaning it, and even flowing right into using it! The ease with which he'd picked up the job by seeing it every day astounded the young stallion, and he continued to cover for the painter over the course of that work week.

Then, the painter returned, but things did not return to normal! The company purchased a second painting rig for the young stallion to use, and doubled the painters output by giving the young stallion a promotion, complete with raise! The stallion enjoyed his days, bull[manure]ing with the painter, talking about mares and life and love.

All of a sudden, the company got a big job, and needed more welders, but not so many painters. The stallion had his chance thrust upon him! The stallion was brought in with some potential employees, pending a three day training session, but by the end of the first day, he'd already passed all his flat, vertical, and overhead welds! It was the fastest success of a trainee the company had ever seen, going from never touching a welder, to AISC approved on all three angles in the first day! So the stallion got promoted, again, along with another raise!

Soon, months passed, and needs for welders and painters within the company dwindled, but they lost a project manager to a headhunter. They promoted the man who ran the plotter, and the other PM's trained him, but now they needed someone to replace him on the plotter. The stallion, being the most technology savvy pony in the company, offered his services, and within the hour, he was set up on a computer, promoted into an office, and doing almost nothing every week! The stallion was set, spending 40 hours a week in an office, 35 of those surfing the web and streaming media on Netflix. He thought life couldn't be better. And he'd only worked for the company just over 6 months! Haha, life was good.

And so it continued, small tasks being added to this stallion-of-all-trades. He went from using the plotter, to also entering the drawings he printed into the ROMAC system, and even started getting pricing on buyout items for jobs. Then he was expanded into purchasing those items, and pricing the steel. For a short time, he was working half of his cushy office job, and the other half as a welder, but it was only do to dire need of an extra welder. Once he was full time in the office again, he was put in charge of ALL purchasing, and began to be trained for freight! Finally, in 2014, the stallion got his most recent raise, as he took over freight completely.

He now enjoys 25-30 hours a week of surfing the internet and watching Netflix, sometimes roleplaying (however poorly) on forums. The other 15-10 hours, he spends doing actual work.

The end...?

• Brohoof 1

I am not working at this time, but I am applying for a loan so that I can build a business. And it looks like the loan will be going through as I had good news given to me last night. 

I will be handling a franchise doing carpet and floor cleaning. It will be tough but I will be my boss so that the rules are mine. If this does go through I will be training for the business the first week in October.  :blink: ( feeling sort of overwhelmed )

I am currently working at Papa Gino's as a delivery driver. I'm sure most of you have no idea what that is. 

Nonetheless I also worked at Best Buy over the summer selling computers. It was a long summer working two jobs, but college bills dont pay themselves.....

• Brohoof 1