Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv If Lauren Faust rebooted The Land Before Time

Plonkett

If Lauren Faust Made a new show that's a reboot for the TLBT series as a new cartoon show, what do you think it would be like? It could take place in a new setting (replacing the Great Valley), having new different characters (no Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Petri, Spike, or any familiar supporting characters), having a completely new animation style, and of course, having episodes combining slice of life, comedy, and adventure. Think it would create a fanbase of its own?

Edited by vgmaster9

The only jokes I ever make off of Land Before Time is the fact that it has more movies then some short lived TV shows have episodes.

Anyways, I never cared for it as a kid, only remember seeing it once in a hotel when I was 6, but from what I can remember, it would probably be widely similar to FIM.

I enjoyed The Land Before Time when I was a child, but I don't know if Faust rebooting it would do it any good.

It's one of those classics that should just stay where it's at and not be bothered with.

Honestly? I don't really see what even Faust could add to that world without feeling like those pointless sequel. If she focused the show on the harsher survival story the original was, it could be interesting, but then she'd be remaking something that doesn't need any fixing.

Honestly? I don't really see what even Faust could add to that world without feeling like those pointless sequel. If she focused the show on the harsher survival story the original was, it could be interesting, but then she'd be remaking something that doesn't need any fixing.

Pointless squeals huh? 

That franchise has so many of those even Disney would cringe.

Pointless squeals huh? 

That franchise has so many of those even Disney would cringe.

"Pointless" in the sense that they have nothing to really add to this world. Making it a weirdly childish, sing-songy series seemed like a misunderstanding of the original's appeal. Some of them touch upon the idea of going on a dangerous journey, but it never got as epic or actually dangerous as the first.

Faust would probably make it worse. I am not ashamed to admit I am not fan of her. No doubt she'd make some sort of ridiculous magic dinosaur that would cast spells over the Valley and make Chomper grow up or something

I enjoyed The Land Before Time when I was a child, but I don't know if Faust rebooting it would do it any good.

It's one of those classics that should just stay where it's at and not be bothered with.

What he said.

My mom used to buy basically all of them on VHS for me when I was a kid. I think even then I thought most of them were pretty cheesy, but I ate them up anyway because I just liked the series.

• Brohoof 1