Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lauren Faust is not a goddess, stop saying the S1 is perfect: proofs

MK15

Hoping this video will serve to something.

The first season is NOT perfect as many are saying, it had it's bad episodes as the next ones. And Lauren Faust herself is NOT perfect, the pilot of the show was the weakest of the two parters, and even Ticket Master wasn't all that good, and many episodes of the S1 were mediocre (Lauren Faust's episodes, Show Stoppers, Over a Barrel, A Bird in the Hoof, Owl's Well Who ends Well) if not horribly awful (Boast Busters and Stare Master). 

The more I think about it, the more I think Meghan McCarthy is handing the show MUCH better than Lauren. I also hate Lauren Faust, because, she betrayed her principles because she liked to be considered a goddess (she went to 4chan, the headquarter of her fans), and left that you ruin her show. And what about the time she raged because a fan said on twitter that Meghan is better than her in handing the show?

As for the S4.... it's not bad are you bronies that have turned into complete jerks and are throwing s**t on it "because it's fun to complain about good things" (Smash Brothers fans, I'm talking even to you <_<). The only episodes I found bad in the season are Rainbow Falls and Somepony Watches Over Me (other than that the Breezies episode was flat but not awful). I loved every other episodes, they're NOT objectively bad as many of you are pointing. Do you want to know what I really think? Very well: the truth is that you lost your interest on the show by yourself, but you don't want to admit it and you're blaming the writers for this when they are just doing their job (and they're doing it WELL). This way to act is really deplorable my dears bronies, if not IGNOBLE. Can I remind that Meghan McCarthy even got menaces of death on her Twitter, because many of you are not  satisfied with the season? 

What I'm saying is: Lauren Faust left the show after Return of Harmony, and she never will return, make it a reason or find another show to watch and ruin if you're not satisfied in this. I hope someone of you will listen to my words...

Edited by MK15
  • Brohoof 6
  • Delighted Giggle 1

personally, i never thought any season was perfect but the new writer just pisses me off, i mean logic please.   she has ponies that are like preschoolers have quincienaras or however its spelt, thats for a girl turning 15, not 6, like what the hell? am i the only one who sees this as a problem? also the keys, ok thank you for not solving a problem immediatly, but seriously, stop with the filler, there hasnt been anything useful in like 80 percent of season four so can we please get back to reality?

• Brohoof 2

The season 1 is best season, no other season is as good is the same thing as G1 pokemon people. They get blinded from nostalgia and disregard flaws in the older things (Confirmaton Bias in Psychology). So they look for good things in S1 and bad things in S2-4 to keep their view correct.

• Brohoof 8

I do not think about this. I watched the show. I liked it. End of story. What happens beyond the curtains is none of my concern.

• Brohoof 11

Oh trust me the show is not going downhill. I've seen spongebob, I know what a show going downhill looks like.

Oh well, there are not other shows that turned THAT bad after a while (the only other example I can think is Family guy and The Simpsons after they started to abuse the CGI). 

• Brohoof 1

personally, i never thought any season was perfect but the new writer just pisses me off, i mean logic please.   she has ponies that are like preschoolers have quincienaras or however its spelt, thats for a girl turning 15, not 6, like what the hell? am i the only one who sees this as a problem? also the keys, ok thank you for not solving a problem immediatly, but seriously, stop with the filler, there hasnt been anything useful in like 80 percent of season four so can we please get back to reality?

Umm, the cutecienara (sp?) was in season 1 episode 12 Call of the cutie. How is this on the new writers? Also, quincienaras (again sp?) are about a coming of age, (marriageable age to be precise) why would a similar celebration for cutie marks, also a coming of age in pony society, be bad?

• Brohoof 8

Yeah I couldn't care less who writes for the show as long as they keep it fresh and interesting. It's wrong to be throwing poop at Meghan but she's done well at the helm. Season 3 wasn't good imo and I think that's where a lot of the hate kinda came from. Some people had to hate the show to love it again. I didn't like S3 but I still loved the show. The only way I would have disliked Meghan would be if this season was bad. But it's not. I think people hold Lauren on this pedestal because she's had a hand in other amazing shows but she left MLP for a very good reason. I'm sure she didn't want to. I don't think she "betrayed" us by wishing to pursue a position where she could better exercise her creative ability. But Meghan is doing a bang up job and I'm happy as long as she keeps doing so.

• Brohoof 1

The Fausticorn never wanted to be a goddess... She just wanted the simple things in life...

269649__safe_princess-luna_princess-cele

I concur with this post.   Now, what people say about her being a "goddess", that's just one of those "what the hell" moments.  Me, on the other hand, I fully respect her and her works, tbh.   BTW, love the pic.  Fits her perfectly, :D

• Brohoof 2

I always wondered if Lauren felt uncomfortable by being known as the "queen" or "goddess" of the bronies. I never met her, but she seems very humble. The kind of person who would feel a bit embarassed to be known as "queen" or "goddess". I guess you answered my question, though!

Actually, season 1 is my least favorite season. I only really like a handful of episodes in that season. I admire Lauren and all, don't get me wrong, but I definitely love the show more now than I did then.

I also don't see as much hate for this season as I did season 3.

• Brohoof 1

I take it all one episode at a time, and either I like it or I .. like it a little less than usual - a feeling I've had from the start. Faust gave some name-brand credibility to the reboot of an historically lame toy franchise (I guess you could say), but now the show stands on it's own for quality.

And it would be that way even if she were still involved.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think it's the show but really the rabid fans that are ruining it. It was INTENDED as a show for girls aged 3 to 9 that got popular because of the name attached really and even at that I don't think people honestly love Lauren as much as they love her Husband Craig McCracken who captured our imaginations with two very great cartoons. Ive noticed though in Season 4 all they've done is cater to us fans..they brought back Derpy/Gave us a Rarity episode..there's been less focus on Twilight as a princess and more on the mane six being themselves. The writers can only do so much..and to the idiots making death threats? It's easy to have bravado and bad ass tendecies behind a keyboard but I can wager my life savings none of those doing it could actually follow through with it.

• Brohoof 2

Lauren was never a goddess to begin with, she is just a person who had a vision of rebooting the series to start off on the right foot. We should know by now that everything is not perfect, Season 1 was a good season but it is far from being perfect.

• Brohoof 2

Umm, the cutecienara (sp?) was in season 1 episode 12 Call of theso they are able to be married at like what? 6? cutie. How is this on the new writers? Also, quincienaras (again sp?) are about a coming of age, (marriageable age to be precise) why would a similar celebration for cutie marks, also a coming of age in pony society, be bad?

so the fillies can be married at like 6 years old?

Wait, you hate Lauren Faust for going to 4Chan...which is suddenly Lauren Faust HQ?

I am no Faust fanboy, nor am I a huge fan of season 1, but most of this is just your opinion. I agree with the gist of what you're saying, but I'm sorry, I just don't like the way you're saying it.

• Brohoof 1

so the fillies can be married at like 6 years old?

That's not what they meant. They said that the tradition of a quiencenera is a coming of age ceremony. This shows that you are at the age to be married (clearly, not so much in this day in age). However, the cutecenera is just a coming of age ceremony that shows you got a cutie mark. It shows that you have your special talent now. It's life-changing. It definitely deserves a coming of age ceremony.

• Brohoof 1

If the rumors are true about Faust (which there is no confirmation) then I do not really respect her as a business person. What do I mean by that? She made a lot of very poor business choices. Supposedly (once again there is little verification) Hasbro has proposed a possible script for Equestria Girls and she didn't like the direction they were going. After argument, she left the show. Creative differences are not unheard of, but Faust had forgotten that although she had an artistic vision for the show, Hasbro is a company and they need to think about profits. Your artistic vision has to fall in line with that, it comes with the territory. Leaving a hugely successful show just because Hasbro didn't let you do it the way you wanted seems rather foolish. Especially since said show became more popular after you left.

As if that wasn't enough, Faust kind of gave Hasbro a kick in the face when Mane6 got a C&D by offering to make them original characters. It's kind of like "hey, my old employer just gave you a C&D? Here let me help you circumvent that." No doubt Hasbro took notice of that. It's not a very smart move for a professional to help fans with fan works even if she was helping them go into an original project because she was helping them turn a fan project into an original one. It's kind of a big "fuck you" to Hasbro. A good business standpoint is to not get involved with people who are having legal trouble with the people on your resume. Despite the success of MLP, I have a feeling Faust is trying to purposely cover up her involvement with it because it's bad for business. Notice she is taking a very "I don't have anything to do with the show anymore" stance now? She says she doesn't even watch new episodes, and gives off an aura of bitterness.

This is all based upon rumor and assumption mind you, but it would make sense.

Either way, Faust is far from a "God" to the series, because remember: ratings increased insanely after she left. Can't argue with sales my friends.

As I see it we should be grateful for what Lauren did give us fans and what we do have...as a whole this show brought us together and it's tearing us apart and further away from each other.

Edited by TipsyBOT.EXE
  • Brohoof 1

I think all of you guys are taking it too seriously. People jokingly praise Faust as a Goddess for the fact that her contributions to the first season impacted the show a lot. It probably helped the show reach the level of fame it has today. I honestly don't really understand why you're trying to argue against a joke statement.

• Brohoof 3

I wish people would make a blog post than rehash a 3 year old very tired argument and make a new thread. We get it, we  know, stop digging up drama from years ago, and move on. Jeesh.

Just except the fact that this is a show aimed for little girls, not grown men (which happened anyway). Do little girls give a shit? No, it's for their entertainment. They probably didn't expect something like the bronies in the first place, but it happened. They're just sticking to their roots, which is entertaining the target demographic.