Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lauren Faust is not a goddess, stop saying the S1 is perfect: proofs

MK15

I like every season in My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, of course there are episodes I don't care for from every season, but the unscrupulous irascible fans that are making it hard to enjoy the show, and difficult for moderate bronies, who have good reasons to like episodes and whole seasons. I have always wondered, if the so called rabid bronies are really fans of MLP, or fans of Lauren Faust, if you have seen "Double Rainboom" it was blatantly an love letter to Lauren than to the brony fandom, which can give you some idea of the fans that call themselves bronies, most of it is also an nostalgic attachment going back to Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, although her husband Craig McCracken was the original visionary behind those shows. Anyway, Lauren Faust would typically guild the writers until they gain some experience and understanding, before they can go on without her, which is what she did in the past, naturally Lauren is not perfect, she is human same as the current DHX crew, but the amount of work and though that goes into the show, is something to behold and respect, MLP draws much emotion because it is so good at presentation, that is what you get when effort is put in, by Meghan McCarthy, L.A. Larson, Dave Polsky, James "Wootie" Wootton, Jaysson Thiessen and the cast of MLP - FiM, I will just say keep up the good work, moderate bronies everywhere should give each episode a chance, and give Lauren Faust her space, for she is a very humble person, so please give your respect for the passion of behind My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, so everyone can be happy.          

• Brohoof 5

I never found S4 awful in the slightest, I think it's been great for the most part.

Personal bias against it though is keeping it my least favorite so far though.

As for season 1, it's not perfect I agree, but I still hold it as my second favorite season

• Brohoof 3

Just except the fact that this is a show aimed for little girls, not grown men (which happened anyway). Do little girls give a shit? No, it's for their entertainment. They probably didn't expect something like the bronies in the first place, but it happened. They're just sticking to their roots, which is entertaining the target demographic.

Agreed whole-heartedly.  People so easily forget that when Lauren was first involved with the show, Bronies didn't exist.  Period.  They weren't part of her demographic at all.  Bronies sprang up out of nowhere because the show resonated with adults.

Lauren is properly credited with co-creating the series bible that convinced Hasbro she had a good idea.  She developed the initial character and setting designs.  She wrote up the descriptions for all of the main characters and the first few episodes' worth of plot.  In short, MLP:FiM was HER idea.  Hasbro simply wanted to reboot the franchise, but the direction it took was her idea.

And then the Brony fandom came right out of nowhere and turned Lauren into this so-called "goddess".  And in the process, we started judging a children's TV show by adult standards.  When you think about it, that seems pretty unfair - nobody on the FiM staff had written any part of the first season for an adult audience, yet here we are judging that season by the same standards we'd judge a show like Breaking Bad.

If I were Lauren, I would feel really conflicted.  On the one hand, I might try to develop something more mature to cater to the older crowd.  On the other hand, I'd feel betrayed by my fans and probably want to stay as far away from them as possible.

• Brohoof 3

Faust Followers are the most ludicrous subsets of fans.  They said that Faust would never want Twilight to become a princess, when she said just that.  They just want to elevate their head-canon above the show.

• Brohoof 1

Faust Followers are the most ludicrous subsets of fans.  They said that Faust would never want Twilight to become a princess, when she said just that.  They just want to elevate their head-canon above the show.

As I recall, Faust said she wanted Twilight to be Celestia's successor.  That's a bit more ambiguous than "princess" if you ask me, it could refer to aptitude in magic, not political power.

• Brohoof 1

And then the Brony fandom came right out of nowhere and turned Lauren into this so-called "goddess".  And in the process, we started judging a children's TV show by adult standards.  When you think about it, that seems pretty unfair - nobody on the FiM staff had written any part of the first season for an adult audience, yet here we are judging that season by the same standards we'd judge a show like Breaking Bad.

This is pretty much why I don't really like MLP analysis videos.

People have opinions. Don't state yours as fact. (Unless it's on best pony, then it's just funny. :P)

Faust Followers are the most ludicrous subsets of fans. They said that Faust would never want Twilight to become a princess, when she said just that. They just want to elevate their head-canon above the show.

What are you talking about? They're right, she didn't want her to become princess. I'd get the link but I'm tired and lazy; I'm sure you can find it on Google. She said all her intentions were meaningless now. Edited by Grumpy Enchantress
  • Brohoof 1

Season 1 and Season 2 have been the best of the bunch to me. I feel that FIM was trying to capture the style of writing that the old comedy and family shows in the 60s and 70s would do.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 2

When you over analyze it you kind of ruin things for yourself and others. Remember this is a children's show not a show for teens/adults. We as teens/adults find it entertaining so we watch it. The core of the show is not for us and things are simpler for kids. We are probably the ones ruining it by demanding the fan service and analyzing every little detail about the show and looking for the true meaning... Of a show meant for kids

Edited by Wolfstanus
  • Brohoof 2

It's a children's show and is also designed with the Gen. 1-3 crowd that grew up with the franchise on mind.

Lauren Faust laid the ground work for the right mix of story telling and moral setting. Most cartoons don't hit that mark.

The first season brought out the (non-stereotype) female characters which caught the needed attention of viewers that propelled this series to what it is now. 

Edited by Singe

What are you talking about? They're right, she didn't want her to become princess. I'd get the link but I'm tired and lazy; I'm sure you can find it on Google. She said all her intentions were meaningless now.

Actually, she's said several times that she'd planned to make Twilight a Princess at some point.  The only thing she didn't talk about, was making her an Alicorn.

I'm not really going to talk much about the 'Season War' issue here, since these topics come up no less than fourteen times a month (and that's what this is, a Season War topic).  But I'll just say that again, it depends largely on when you entered the fandom.  I personally liked all four seasons and think they all have had great episodes so far, but the first two do hold some of my favorite episodes.  And that's probably because that's when I joined the fandom.  People that joined later might have different preferences.  For instance, I didn't mind Princess Twilicorn, at all.  I just think the season 3 finale could have benefitted greatly from being a two or three parter.

Edited by SBaby
  • Brohoof 1

Faust said that her plan was to make Twilight eventually succeed Celestia. She never said anything about making her an alicorn.

I think all of you guys are taking it too seriously. People jokingly praise Faust as a Goddess for the fact that her contributions to the first season impacted the show a lot. It probably helped the show reach the level of fame it has today. I honestly don't really understand why you're trying to argue against a joke statement.

Sadly, there are people out there who treat Faust like she is some sort of goddess and resent everything Hasbro does to the IP because Hasbro is evil or something. And they're being serious about it.

I think season 1 is the best season, not really any reason other than its awesome, and what I disliked about season 3 is that there wasn't enough episodes. Just because you see flaws in season 1 doesn't mean other people do, and just because others see flaws in season 3 doesn't mean you have to. I think all the writers we have had have done well.

Part of my dis like for Faust is pragmatic.

She's gone.

I embrace Megan because she's at the wheel.

It's just simply practical.

Sure when ever a new Equistrian girls comes out we all stare at ms Faust extra hard,

but is lauren was still at the wheel she would have to put  up with hasbro just the same.

I mean to say if she was still in charge.

I was tired last night.

Hasbro has always been in charge. I'm given to understand that Lauren left mainly because she disagreed with what Hasbro wanted to do with the characters and universe they asked her to create. She either quit voluntarily or was forced out over those creative differences.

So, if she'd stayed on board, and things had really gone the way she wanted in the first place, how do you think the show would be different?

Oh nostalgia goggles, how they overtake the vision of a fan! I liked all the seasons mostly equally, and for different reasons. So far the 4th season is my favorite. Lauren Faust is in a way an MLP goddess. She literally created the world of G4, wrote the show bible and every thing. She's not perfect, but no god is. I respect and love her work. :)

• Brohoof 1

• 9 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...