Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What does 'friendship' mean to you?

Giygas

I was cruising the internet recently and I noticed that a lot of people had some really interesting perspectives in regards to friendship. For instance I was going through a whole bunch of responses from people on what friendship meant to them and their definitions were something like:

“Friendship is like a guitar; the music may stop now and then, but the strings will last forever.”

“Friendship is like piecing together a jigsaw puzzle – you get the occasional mismatch, but when you find the right fit, you stick closely together.”

“Friendship is like an unexpected silent pillar of strength that guides and support me to be a better and stronger individual.” 

The reason I mention this is because if somebody were to ask me what friendship meant to me, I wouldn't be able to give them a straight answer. So I'm wondering for those of you who obviously take friendship seriously, what does it really mean to you? And most importantly, how does it make you feel?

• Brohoof 2

Friendship is like bag of candy, there are lots of different sweets in there. Some of them may not look appealing, but inside all of them are sweet and taste really good. These sweets are friends. Not every friend looks same and be same kind of friend. There are different types of friends and that is what makes them magic. It's not fun if all friends are like generic zombies who follow you, sometimes we have to have disagreements, but that doesn't mean friendship is over.

I think friends are one important aspect in life. This show teaches about that and I was miserable before I saw this show, because I didn't know what friendship was. Friendship is that when you accept other people the way they are and if you see that they accept you too that is friendship. You can take it further too and share your experiences and feelings and that only makes friendship stronger.

Remember guys Friendship is Magic. 

• Brohoof 9

people who you enjoy being around and talking to.  people who genuinely care for you.  someone you don't have to hide your true self from.  

i have always thought of friends as my family that i choose to have, rather than what i was born into.

• Brohoof 3

Friendship is like bag of candy, there are lots of different sweets in there. Some of them may not look appealing, but inside all of them are sweet and taste really good. These sweets are friends. Not every friend looks same and be same kind of friend. There are different types of friends and that is what makes them magic. It's not fun if all friends are like generic zombies who follow you, sometimes we have to have disagreements, but that doesn't mean friendship is over.

I think friends are one important aspect in life. This show teaches about that and I was miserable before I saw this show, because I didn't know what friendship was. Friendship is that when you accept other people the way they are and if you see that they accept you too that is friendship. You can take it further too and share your experiences and feelings and that only makes friendship stronger.

Remember guys Friendship is Magic. 

you put tears into my eyes.. well said :)

It means little to nothing to me.

you also put tears into my eyes, but in a different manner :(
  • Brohoof 2

people who you enjoy being around and talking to.  people who genuinely care for you.  someone you don't have to hide your true self from.  

i have always thought of friends as my family that i choose to have, rather than what i was born into.

and that was an awesome way to put it... family that we choose to have rather than the one we are born into. I've always felt that way, but never expressed it that way.

Why are you even a brony?

Wait, why are you even here?

maybe not the best way to put it? But yes... FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC!!!! And it took me a while to realise.
  • Brohoof 2

you also put tears into my eyes, but in a different manner :(

U-huh.

Why are you even a brony?

Wait, why are you even here?

Remember Guys that Friendship is Magic.

Not exactly a brony, but an MLP fan.

Because I can be here, even if I don't understand the "magic of friendship".

Friendship is nothing to me. Friends are shadows that follow you, nothing else.

From my point of view, of course.

• Brohoof 1

U-huh.

Well, whatever. It's your loss.

• Brohoof 2

I don't have an overemotional tragic analogy to describe what it means to me, but it certainly does mean a lot. It's extremely gratifying when you finally manage to achieve that rare union of closeness and trust that is very hard to find in most people. Friends aren't just people you gossip with or have sleepovers with. It goes to a deeper and more emotional level for me. I've only found one friend who would fit my weird criteria thing. It's really... really hard to get to friendship with that level. 

• Brohoof 5

Friendship is having someone's shoulder to cry on or someone to high five when you achieve something great or someone who can be totally honest with you. You can go to them about anything and there is no judgement. They love you for who you are. They are there for you in good times and bad.

• Brohoof 2

I can't press enough words into what friendship means to me.

There are friends which i could say i care about. There are those who i safely say i would take a bullet for. Friendship isn't just strength in numbers; it's about sharing your existence with another person on various levels. It's not always easy, but it can give a man a reason to push forward.

To me... the most true friends are those that, when you break, they come and put what's left of you back together, so you can become stronger. Because when you break, they break too.

• Brohoof 2

Well, whatever. It's your loss.

I don't see how I'm losing anything.

To be honest I understand Darker's perspective here. I acknowledge that there are people that simply don't want anything to do with people and I'm totally fine with that.

Anyways, if I were to describe friendship in my own words, it would be something exactly like the elements of harmony, except true friendship lies in the element of magic. You can have Laughter, Loyalty, Kindness, Generosity and Honesty, but without magic it has no depth or meaning to it. Depth and meaning is the most important thing to friendship because it represents the value that you have to your friends and to yourself. 

• Brohoof 2

Friendship is when, you have a somebody, who help you, when you need it, comfort you, when you are sad. Somebody who give you many advice and can oppose you. I think, that "friend", who always talk that you have right isn't a really friend, it isn't honest to you.

• Brohoof 3

To me, friendship means having people who you're close to, people that will cheer you up when you're sad or be there for you when you need help. It also means having people who you can have lots of fun with, and talk about all sorts of things with, and who won't judge you for how you're like. I'm afraid I don't have a special analogy, but I do like the ones that were posted :)

• Brohoof 1