Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

what personality do you look for in dating or friendships?

Jora

so in terms of dating,  or friendship, what type of personality's do you look for, here are some examples i'd like.

a bit of HarshWinny's stern-ness a bit of twilight's cute/nerdy curiousness, a dash of pinkie's happiness, and a bit of fluttershy's timid shy cuteness if i could find this in a woman as well as being a gamer/music lover/ mlp lover that would be awesome...but being 25 and been single all my life, time will tell.... 

well of course this is just a list of things that i'd kind of like, not like they are set in stone just thing's i'd kind of look out for, but that's just me

Let's see...In my fiance. She has the qualities of Twilight's nerdiness, Dash's...er...She's not really like Dash too much, actually. Unless you count her awesomeness. Pinkie's perkiness, Fluttershy's love for animals, Rarity's generous spirit, and Applejack's accent. Also she has Spike's devotion.

Basically someone who's friendly, and also someone who cares and tries to help when your down and out.

The qualities I'd look for in dating are the same as for looking for friends, since my lover would just be like a special type of friend to me. :P

Anyway, I'd look for someone who can be gentle and innocent like Fluttershy, as well as caring for the lives of others; a bit nerdish like Twilight, and funny and outgoing like Pinkie Pie. That being said, I'd prefer someone who can take me out of my comfort zone but know when to stop- I'm kinda shy, after all. :blush:

If I'm being honest though, since I'd be undermining myself and be too nervous to make a move, the sort of personality I'd prefer is one that looks for me and makes the first move for my sake... :blush:

Edited by Edwardo_Brony

In terms of dating, I look for people who remind me of Rainbow Dash. Cocky, bold, confident, and loyal. I feel like I'm way too soft-spoken to support myself, so having someone like that would be perfect for me :)

On the other hand, though, I feel like a quieter, more insecure person (like Fluttershy) would be a good fit, too, because it would give me a reason to bring out my louder side and BECOME the RD. So there's that x)

Edited by Silver The Pony

Anyone who can crack jokes like crazy but knows when to be serious when necessary. 

Pony-wise, Twilight's nerdiness, Pinkie's optimism, Rainbow's loyalty, Fluttershy's kindness, and Discord's joking attitude. So, in short, anyone like Cheese Sandwich.  :P

I like sarcastic people who don't get offended by my dark jokes and can make the same jokes right back at me. Being a gamer is a definite plus too.

I simply look for a persons true personality. If they're trying to hide and be someone they're not well.. it'll catch up to them eventually. As for what I like: Be yourself, be friendly, be considerate of others. And please, don't be a jerk. :squee:

Hmmm... I don't know to be honest. I have zero experience in the romance area, but I guess it'd be similar to what I look for in a friend. 

There isn't much, to be honest. See, I'm crazy like Pinkie Pie but I'm an overall introvert, and sometimes I'm more like Fluttershy. I've got Twilight's nerdy curiosity, and a dash of Applejack's honesty.

I think just someone who can put up with how weird I am would be all I'm looking for ^^

For a relationship, I would "look" for someone that's already a very close friend to me, since I view a relationship as an extension of a friendship. :) And of course, someone who really cares about me (even when others don't), like Wolfie :squee:

For friendships, I like someone that I can feel comfortable around, and that I have an easy time talking to... I don't know what determines that. :wacko:

anyone who accepts who I' am can easily become my friend

anyone who shares similar interests and beliefs can become a long term friend

as for a romantic relationship its not possible with me I turn down everyone

Personality in a friend?

Intelligent, stands up for themselves in an debate, hopefully empathetic and a generally nice person, and likes computer games :P

Oh, and I would have to have known them for at least 2-3 years beforehand :D

Edited by Potato

I look for someone who is kind, sweet, trusting/trustworthy, loyal, loving and caring. Someone who looks past my faults (of which i have quite a few), someone i have known for at least a month or two, and someone who loves me for what and who I am.

Obviously, like pretty much everyone else I look for people who are kind, considerate and caring. Now onto things that I tend to gravitate towards that aren't the marks of basic human decency :P

I tend to find myself befriending and loving those who are most like Pinkie Pie. I myself am most like Fluttershy, and for that and other reasons it helps me to have someone who will do anything to make me smile and will take me on adventures I might not be brave enough to face alone, or at least encourage me to face them alone. My friends are never fully Pinkie though, they also have some of Rarity's considerate nature, and can see when I need them to lay off something or be a bit more gentle. Twilight's intelligence is also a favored trait, I prefer to be around those who can have intelligent conversations with me and help me learn, and who can fully understand me with my at times overly verbose manner of speaking.

I look for anything really in dating or friendship. I myself am a happy person, silly, considerate, but I can also be dark and just joke around pretty deeply. And care free personality, whatever happens happens, just deal with it, you tell me something mean "Whatever" Would be my response.

And being a very acceptive person to anything really anyhting nothing bugs me xD, and I can be serious to be there for you then istantly be all kidding around again to lightin the mood, ofcourse after resolving the problem. And I can tell if there is a problem with someone the way they say things or the way their messages are worded, so I guess I also pay attention. 

So I really look for pinkie pie/ Rainbow dash because that is basically me.

• Brohoof 1

I like intelligent guys, hold conversations, and open to talk about anything.

I'm not all too specific.. but holding a convo is a really big deal...

ha yes this is a very important skill that quite a few lack among my male friends...

Two words... Hive Mind.

"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."

Edited by DATA EXPUNGED