Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

what personality do you look for in dating or friendships?

Jora

Friends: Kind, Friendly and doesn't look down on what I like.

Dating:  Similar interests and Kind, Friendly and a tad more organized than myself.

I've seen this question reincarnated several times here, but why not;

I'm not sure how to define it in pony personalities, however... i always associate with people who are trustworthy and engage or surprise me in various ways. I like my intellectual friends because i can talk 'smart' with them and enrich my knowledge. I like my funny friends because they make me laugh and i always hear a witty comment from them.

Above that, i like seeing some self-reliance and opposition in people - I don't mean that in the bad sense (and this bit here is but a preference), but rather i like seeing argumentative people who like to challenge others, display spirit, resolve and charisma, and display at least some leadership, perhaps. I've always believed that people should strive to better themselves through displays refreshing originality and imagination. 

Finally, i frown at people who hurt others in malice and spite. I think that it's people's duty to lend a shoulder to those who can't help themselves. I'd like any friends of mine (and potential romantic pursuits) to have a genuinely kind spirit, if even a smidgen.

• Brohoof 1

I absolutely LOVE the ones who are sweet, gentle, child-like and bubbly. ^____^ My hero is very much like this, and he's such a sweetheart with the heart of a child. My boyfriend also has this type of personality as well. <3 I'm just really attracted to people like this because I know they'll never let me down. :3

Is there a place I don kno about where you can have friends custom made? xD  You meet people.  Maybe you click.  You accept them, warts and all.  That qualifies as friendship, so far as I'm concerned.  And as for love: that finds you.  Maybe where you least expect it.  And maybe the one you fall for isn't the ridiculously precise idea you have in your head; the one with a very specific set of personality traits you believe to be ideal. xDD  You fall for who you fall for.  Case in point:

post-26550-0-50477200-1420477966_thumb.png

• 7 years later...
On 2022-07-10 at 7:10 PM, Clawdeen said:

Ones that vibe well with mine. Hard to explain. I can usually tell when I first meet someone as to how well we’re gonna get along 

I'd say I'm the same way. I would want to be around someone who I feel like I can get along with and understand, as well.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Friend, partner, any type of short term agreement even, NEED LOYALTY, everything/anything else is forgivable/excusable in a personality, as long as they aren't some kind of creepy psychopath that thrives on others misfortune or pain, than I LOVE making new friends, and I'm holding out not forcing my hand, I'd rather wait as long as it takes for true loyalty than rush into a relationship or get used by ppl, bc I was "lonely", boo hoo, betrayal is infinitely worse than loneliness. No pain, no gain they "say", but that doesn't apply to willfully unfaithful individuals that want to make you suffer and or break you down. Never let anyone break your spirit, surround yourself with those that want to build it up.

• Brohoof 1

Honest personalities who accept my nature and don't shun me for being too 'serious' or whatever like some people do. I want someone who enjoys that, and can be highly intelligent, loyal, and agreeable. 

• Brohoof 1

From experience, someone considerate, empathetic, loyal (yeah there are definitely non-loyal people out there..) are some minimums. I guess "loyal" isn't truly a personality, but...

After that it's open-ended. Obviously most people want someone "kind"... and most people are to a degree anyways.

• Brohoof 1

A positive attitude and sense of humor are good, but the most valuable thing is someone who doesn’t follow the crowd and mimic others just to fit in. In other words, conviction in his own beliefs regardless of popularity. Confidence is high on the list as well, but that also stems from the aforementioned attribute.

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to what personality do you look for in dating or friendships?
  • 11 months later...

Someone with ambition to get better no matter what

Someone who knows what they want

Someone who really shows me that they actually like me to begin with lol

• 2 months later...
On 2022-07-10 at 7:10 PM, Clawdeen said:

Ones that vibe well with mine. Hard to explain. I can usually tell when I first meet someone as to how well we’re gonna get along 

I'd say it's still this

• Brohoof 1

I don’t know, it’s hard to quantify what I like personality wise. It’s something I can just tell when getting to know someone. An open minded personality I guess? That’s like the main common denominator between all my friends and some of my past relationships. 

• Brohoof 1

I look for someone who doesn't immediately judge me, someone who's down for fun always, and someone who also understands the importance of hard work. I look for someone unique and who I can relate to, someone real. This goes for friends and lovers...and additionally, I look for a best friend in a lover, and loyalty. So very important to me. 

• Brohoof 2

• 4 months later...
(edited)

In dating- I want a man who doesn't see me as ''disposable woman'' lol. Who is truly traditional,same mindset as mine etc

In friendship- Someone who actually puts effort in communication..And again same/similar way of thinking.

Edited by Impulse
  • Brohoof 1