Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Rocks

Lightwing

(edited)

Personally, although it is not popular opinion, I liked the first move more than Rainbow Rocks. I don't know why. It seems like RR was filled with filler song scenes of little purpose and just kind of drawn out. There was more of a sense of urgency in the first one.

Anyway, to my main point...

If Twilight Sparkle has a human counterpart in the human world, then that means that a human counterpart of Sunset Shimmer is alive somewhere in the human world as well because the one that we know was originally from Equestria :o

Edited by Joseph Stallion
  • Brohoof 1

Personally, although it is not popular opinion, I liked the first move more than Rainbow Rocks. I don't know why. It seems like RR was filled with filler song scenes of little purpose and just kind of drawn out. There was more of a sense of urgency in the first one.

Anyway, to my main point...

If Twilight Sparkle has a human counterpart in the human world, then that means that a human counterpart of Sunset Shimmer is alive somewhere in the human world as well because the one that we know was originally from Equestria :o

I agree that the first one was better. But I think that the second one was too fast paced. If it was drawn out more I think it would have been better. I prefer the shorts that were put online over some of the main parts of the movie,

@, I see what you are saying. I think the story of the second one was just less... MLPish. I mean, it starts in the human world, which is a bit strange. Ponies aren't even really mentioned until a good portion into it.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have some observations on the film that I will stick in spoiler tags, because, well, spoilers!

Sunset Shimmer used the book she brought from Equestria to attempt to send a message to Princess Celestia, as she did back when she was Celestia's prize student. As a time saver in the plot, Twilight received the book in a shipment of books to stock her new library in the castle-tree. The book was glowing and buzzing, much like a cellphone set to vibrate. Pinkie gave Twilight the idea to backtrack the magic of the book, and use that to open the portal whenever she chooses. Now, for the fun bit. Twilight uses SCIENCE to build a machine enabling her to plug the book directly into the mirror. It works, allowing her and Spike to return to Canterlot High. This whole scenario made me think of only one thing...

In season 4 episode 12 of Doctor Who "The Stolen Earth", The Doctor is an an impasse as he tries to locate the missing planet Earth. Finally, thanks to the efforts of Torchwood and  former UK PM Harriet Jones, (Yes, we know who you are) the Doctor's cell phone rings. The Doctor backtracks the cell phone signal by plugging the phone into the TARDIS console, and locates Earth and manages to break through and materialize on the newly located Earth. Coincidence? I think not. I would have just died if Twilight had muttered something about needing to "Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow"!

Oh, one other thing. Vinyl's techno-car was wubtastic!

That was my favorite Twilight part in the movie.

Convenient, yet believable (not to mention quite in-character for the most book-smart Princess ever).

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

i really liked it, so much that i think this is probably my favorite project in this whole franchise now...  but..  i have such a varied opinion about this movie compared to so many, i feel awkward that i can't completely relate, and as much as i would feel like debunking any issues with the plot, i honestly don't think any of it was that big of deal (and besides, at least M.A. Larson and Cindy Morrow had nothing to do with this movie, then you would reeeeaaaally see problems).  so sure, wasn't a perfect movie, but like the first EqG, it had a lot of entertaining moments, and i think this movie topped it in quality of writing, even if there are a couple minor details, that i don't really think are major enough to cry over.

also, am i the only one who liked the rocks songs?  i skimmed the comments, and everyone loves The Siren's Song (ha, esoteric pun that no one is going to get because i'm the only one who listens to metalcore here), but then everyone dislikes the other songs in the movie, i feel...  alone :(  in fact, a lot of those rock songs were pop rock, now if i had written the songs, hehe, heh, muaha, meuuahahaha, MAEUEHAHAAHAHAHA!  they would have been metal as f~yay~ck!  but oh well, i still dig the setup for what it was, but it was such a tease seeing a flying V guitar at the end, and RD looks so metal, ugh!  the ending song could have been metal, it's the credits, no one would have cared!  except for me  :'(  i would have loved a metal end credits song <3

in fact, ever since i learned about PonyForce on youtube, i thought to myself "what instruments would the mane six play as a power metal group, like DragonForce?"...  i came to some similar conclusions, RD has to be both singer and lead guitar, because she is awesome, also because i've heard her singing voice, and compared to every other pony, i believe she is the only one who could get close to singing in a power metal oriented voice, like something between DragonForce, Nightwish, and Leave's Eyes.

also, RD's guitar has got to be either a King V, or Randy Roads V guitar, with ebony fretboard, dark blue sunburst body and similar head, with 7 rainbow colored triangle inlays at each major fret, but then a fancier inlay of her cutie mark that goes vertical with the fretboard around the 15th to 19th fret, and also her cutie mark, if a King V, will have a cloud partially in the bridge, with two of her styled lightning bolts aiming to the sharp points of the guitar.  though, actually i found a picture i like also, i would settle for RD's guitar being a Flying V that is styled like this...

_c979525_image_0.png

but yeah, anyways, RD guitarist and singer, check, but power metal is actually really hard to sing and play at the same time, so RD realistically should only play guitar solos, but don't worry, i have my bases figured out for the other positions ;)

Rarity is keyboardist, this makes sense just because keyboards are more of a sensitive role in power metal, playing piano interludes, and applying symphonic melodies over the rhythm, this seem to best suit Rarity.  she can keep using the keytar (i mean, Vadim from Dragonforce uses one sometimes too), it can be pearly colored with her gem marks over it and stuff, pretty much like the movie already, but i want it to be a bit more flashy, maybe have a couple purple streaks on it.

Fluttershy is bassist, because you can't play a tambourine in power metal, but don't worry, bass is still a pretty humble position, the bassist of Mindless Self Indulgence, Lyn Z, has terrible crippling stage fright, but she deals with it by not making eye contact with the audience, and has no singing roles.  i felt like this related to Fluttershy a lot, so i made that connection ;)  also, i feel like the bass guitar shouldn't be too flashy, for fear to attract too much attention, so something Fender P-Bass with yellow paint job, maple fretboard with small butterfly inlays, and if i may be bold to say a pink butterfly headstock that is symmetrically designed well enough to have the tuning nuts 1, 2, and 1, 2 on each side of the head.  and you know what, moar butterflies, like 3 painted on the bass body near a corner.

Applejack is drummer, and as much as i dig the semi-acoustic bass guitar she had in the movie, i felt like drums was also something she would be good at, you know, considering she has the stamina to kick trees without little to no sleep, and that is a trait for a drummer, stamina, especially in power metal, because you have to use both feet to kick the drums for "blast beats" and double bass, a lot, especially if we're talking about "Dragonforce" kind of power metal, where every song except for ballads have double bass and blast beats, lol.  as for drum design, well, i was thinking "barrels" for the drums, with apple symbols?  i mean, what else? xD

i originally had planned Pinkie Pie to be rhythm guitars, but after seeing the movie, i changed my mind to Sunset Shimmer, for obvious reasons.  instead of an ugly green Flying V, Sunset should have a yellow to red sunburst Gibson SG guitar, as for head and inlays, um, idk, i haven't thought about it much, but how about, red, orange, yellow circle inlays, and then have Sunset's cutie mark on the headstock.

so with this lineup

RD: lead singer, lead guitar

Sunset: rhythm guitar, backing vocals

Rarity: keyboards, backing vocals, outfits

Applejack: drums, percussion

Fluttershy: bass... just bass

Pinkie Pie: lighting, props, backstage food

Twilight: band management, mixer/sound technician/soundchecker

and that would be my perfect setup for a power metal spinoff, and i already wrote lyrics for the first song i had in mind, but i have honestly got severely sidetracked at this point, hehe, oh boy...  i don't want to delete all this either, so i will just digress.

i loved this Rainbow Rocks movie, and though i would have loved it more if it had metal music, at least a little, i still find this to be one of my favorite kids cartoon movie of all time, yes, i went there (sorry Miyazaki, Princess Mononoke can't compete with this one)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think by far Rainbow rocks is my favorite. But one thing. Why is it all of a sudden when they are testing the first counter spell, twilight sparkle all of a sudden cant sing?

If you had to choose, of all the dazzlings... Who is  your favorite?

I never watched Equestria Girls. But what I do know is that the movie was so emotional. I saw someone here that said the feelings from this show were split. I wonder what the sequel for this movie is going to be like. :blink:

Without the visuals and without decent audio you're really missing a lot.

so far, I only have an audio version I've listened to, and seen the very ending (minus the post credits scitwi)

the ending for anyone who wants it.

So far, I cannot really comment on the visuals of the movie, as I was limited to audio only. So no added points for those fan pandering moments.

And as it stands right now, I'd give it a 6/10. The Dazzlings songs were great (but again, already released). And it was kinda fun to hear the bickering between the humane 6.

And the ending (the only part I've visually seen) was fairly decent (if nearly 100% standard for FiM, something I still hold against it). So with only having listened to the audio, I'd rate it a 6 or a 5.5/10.

if you can you should watch the actual movie it's really good.
  • Thanks 1

Rainbow Rocks was a great movie. The songs were great and original. It was very funny and cool. It had a good moral. The moral is that it is good to forgive people for their mistakes. If you pay close attention you can tell that there will probably be a new Equestria Girls in the future. Here is why I say this: Twilight said "It's just goodbye till next time!" If you watch to the end of the credits you will see the human world Twilight. But, overall Rainbow Rocks was a great movie.

• 2 weeks later...

Ima pause all for a moment... In the ending of Rainbow rocks, a red line pierces the rainbow of the main six, due to the crown connect to "The elements of Harmony", but due to this new color, does that mean there should be a new element in Equestria, as the rainbow only consists of the Elements, so it has to mean there must be a new one...

• Brohoof 2

Hey guys.. Who is your guys's favorite dazzling? i would say the orange haired one (srry forgot the name)

Her name is Adagio! I like her too, and Sonata. If you don't remember who Sonata is, she's the blue haired one who's sorta an idiot. 

sig-3955196.E10yNge.png

People of this fandom sometimes...

YAAS. I like Flash Sentry, and I think it's nice that Hasbro is trying to bring in a little romance/love into MLP. I'm excited to see what they are gonna do about Flash and Twilight and how it'll all work out since she lives in pony world and he lives in human world. Twilight has more connections with human-Flash, and only briefly met pony-flash when she bumped into him twice. I'm interested in if Twilight gets to know the pony-Flash more, and what they'll do with this pair. 

I also like how they kinda have a little bit of the 'star-crossed lovers' vibe added to the story, since they both live in different worlds. I'm hoping to see more of Twilight and Flash in the future whether in Pony world or human world. I'm excited to see how they play out this, and what is to come of their feelings. 

Hope nopony hates me for liking Flash, but if you put thought into it, it really is something brand new to the series and different. The only time we really saw something with love in the show was with Princess Cadence and Shining Armor, and that Mule guy (I can't remember his name) and Maltida [the mule]. Other than that, we have not seen anything with romance with the main six where it's almost mutual and you know both characters care the same way. Rarity had that snotty prince who didn't even have any interest in her, and then Spike who loves her, but the feeling isn't mutual. But really, this is something that they could really go deeper into and use in the show. I can't wait to see how this all plays out, and if it'll be in Friendship Games! Anypony agree with me?

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Rocks was a great movie. The songs were great and original. It was very funny and cool. It had a good moral. The moral is that it is good to forgive people for their mistakes. If you pay close attention you can tell that there will probably be a new Equestria Girls in the future. Here is why I say this: Twilight said "It's just goodbye till next time!" If you watch to the end of the credits you will see the human world Twilight. But, overall Rainbow Rocks was a great movie.

Not sure if you are already aware of this, but there will be a new Equestria Girls Movie coming out in September! At the end of the credits of Rainbow Rocks, there was a scene that featured actual human Twilight, and from her studies, she thinks something strange is going on at Canterlot High. According to the trailer for "Friendship Games", the next EQ Girls movie, it looks like human Twilight will be visiting this school and trying to figure out what's going on. Also, the mane 6 and other ponies will be competing in the annual "Friendship Games". I don't know if pony Twilight will be returning to the human world in this movie, but I do know that Sunset Shimmer is gonna be one of the main focuses! I'm excited to see it!

• 2 weeks later...