Teen Titans Go did a FIM episode.

Singe

Best part of the MLP spoof episode of Teen Titans Go! was...

at the very end when Robin asked if everyone wanted to go watch Pretty Pretty Pegasus.

Robin's voice actor played Meagan's brother Danny on the original My Little Pony back in the 80s.

This episode was not enough, however, to make me like Teen Titans Go!

• Brohoof 2

This episode was just... standard TTG fare. It could have done something clever, it could have really made a stronger satire, but they just half attempted it. In the end, the episode is just Meh. The fans of either show are not better fans for this episode. It plays things so safe, we're left with an empty dish of nothingness.

I remember when TTG was announced. Everyone was skeptical, but I was willing to hold out hope. They had the original voice actors and everything coming back. Then the show actually aired... Yeah, I lost interest SUPER fast. The show is at it's best when they doing things like poking fun at DC lore and its superheroes, like that one episode with the Wonder Twins or the one where Raven's father came over for a friendly visit. They have SO MANY opportunities for GOOD humor, and yet they squander it. And for what? Jokes that only little kids would like? Jokes that aren't as funny if you're not part of the production staff?

Best part of the MLP spoof episode of Teen Titans Go! was...

at the very end when Robin asked if everyone wanted to go watch Pretty Pretty Pegasus.

Robin's voice actor played Meagan's brother Danny on the original My Little Pony back in the 80s.

This episode was not enough, however, to make me like Teen Titans Go!

This. I remember this. That episode ended on the perfect joke. Not too much, not too little. Quick yet subtle. It said that boys can also like a show about Ponies, that Raven doesn't have to hide her 'pegasister' side from her friends, and it didn't dwell on it or make it awkward. If anything, I'm more bothered by the fact that Robin didn't recognize the Pretty Pretty Pegasus show once they were in it. But I've answered my own question, I think. If the show actually did focus on it, then Cy and BB would probably make fun of Robin for liking the show, and then it'd have some half-baked ending where you're not sure if anyone actually learned a lesson. And let's face it, TTG is not a show that wants to challenge it's viewers to actually think. This episode is proof. They could have done something more meaningful, and instead they gave us mind numbing. Too afraid to take any kind of chances, too afraid of offending anyone.

This episode was just... standard TTG fare. It could have done something clever, it could have really made a stronger satire, but they just half attempted it. In the end, the episode is just Meh. The fans of either show are not better fans for this episode. It plays things so safe, we're left with an empty dish of nothingness.

I remember when TTG was announced. Everyone was skeptical, but I was willing to hold out hope. They had the original voice actors and everything coming back. Then the show actually aired... Yeah, I lost interest SUPER fast. The show is at it's best when they doing things like poking fun at DC lore and its superheroes, like that one episode with the Wonder Twins or the one where Raven's father came over for a friendly visit. They have SO MANY opportunities for GOOD humor, and yet they squander it. And for what? Jokes that only little kids would like? Jokes that aren't as funny if you're not part of the production staff?

This. I remember this. That episode ended on the perfect joke. Not too much, not too little. Quick yet subtle. It said that boys can also like a show about Ponies, that Raven doesn't have to hide her 'pegasister' side from her friends, and it didn't dwell on it or make it awkward. If anything, I'm more bothered by the fact that Robin didn't recognize the Pretty Pretty Pegasus show once they were in it. But I've answered my own question, I think. If the show actually did focus on it, then Cy and BB would probably make fun of Robin for liking the show, and then it'd have some half-baked ending where you're not sure if anyone actually learned a lesson. And let's face it, TTG is not a show that wants to challenge it's viewers to actually think. This episode is proof. They could have done something more meaningful, and instead they gave us mind numbing. Too afraid to take any kind of chances, too afraid of offending anyone.

To me the entire episode really felt like a cash grab. They took a show that is getting critically panned across the board, and since they have a couple voice actors that also worked in the current most popular children's cartoon they decided a episode built around that entire reference was needed. It really felt like the "equesticles" episode bob's burgers did. A quick attempt for a show that is otherwise rather worthless to take a grab at cultural relevance.

Yea but the original show at least looked good.  The the in show characters were interesting a the plots compelling.  When I first saw ads for TT Go, I originally though they were taking just showing the exaggerated cartoon scenes the original would occasional use to express shock or extreme emotions.  I then realized the whole show was going to look that way and immediately lost interest.

Teen Titans Go! is really a parody of the original show and does a lot of pop culture references. I do find some of the parodies they make amusing. My favorite one was the School House Rock one they did. But for the most part it's a pretty lame show. Most of the jokes they make are lame and annoying including Waffles. The more I watch Go, the more I want to watch the original Teen Titans. It's amusing when you first watch it but it eventually becomes lame. It basically feels like 2 minute skit from Robot Chicken or MAD that is stretched into an entire series of 11 minute episodes. I prefer parodies when they are just short scenes from something like Robot Chicken or MAD and not as full series.

Edited by TheJLeeTeam

So I saw it. It was definitely more tolerable than any other episode I saw, and I haven't even seen the original show and I still hate it with a burning passion, but I could not tell whether it was a tribute to the show or an insult to it.

Edited by More_Spongebob_Sandy

• 2 weeks later...

TTG is just not as good as the original series, & MLP is on a higher intellectual level.  Still, it has it's moments & this is one of them.  In Hearth's Warm Eve it is shown that Pegasi were originally a warrior race, but learned to cooperate w other ponies. 

Raven being a brony is an Easter Egg & typical level of MLP humor (Joke being Tara is Twilight's voice).  I wouldn't worry too much about it until Derpy shows up in TTG (T having been Derpy's 1st voice)