Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Teen Titans Go did a FIM episode.

Singe

Raven who is voiced by Tara Strong happens to be a fan of their version of FIM. Control Freak also a brony sends the Teen Titans into that show. It becomes a debate about violence vs. using friendship in a non-violent way.

Unicorn fountain. Raven saying unicorns are trouble and then later wears a pin saying, "Unicorns are people too."

In relevance to FIM, from the way Raven was going on about friendship, it felt like she speaking certain lines at FIM. One is enemies are defeated with violence rather than diplomacy. The other is the accepting someone for who they are and not trying to make them change.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 3

Just to clarify, is the episode critiquing FIM for how it believes the mane 6 defeat their foes by using violence and not accepting of someone different from them but instead try to change them?

(edited)

Just to clarify, is the episode critiquing FIM for how it believes the mane 6 defeat their foes by using violence and not accepting of someone different from them but instead try to change them?

The premise is that the TT violent habits start to cause the Pegasus characters to think of using force over trying to sit down and talk to resolve the problem. Raven is the one who speaks out against force and using friendship diplomacy as the solution.

This was just my take on the episode.

The episode is already online.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1

The premise is that the TT violent habits start to cause the Pegasus characters to think of using force over trying to sit down and talk to resolve the problem. Raven is the one who speaks out against force and using friendship diplomacy as the solution.

This was just my take on the episode.

The episode is already online.

Alright, that cleared things up, and thx for the point about the gideo being online as well.

I watched a clip of it and I somehow found it to be cheesy funny. Teen Titans Go has already done tons of references and for some reason they don't bother me. I find them as humorous as the references in Robot Chicken.

• Brohoof 1

Tt Go! is a travesty and a blight on the good Teen Titans name. The writers of this series took glee in slaughtering everything I possibly liked about the series and all characters have been reduced to sniveling unlikable flanderized caricatures of their former selves. They could pander all day and I will not touch it with a ten foot pole. A pox on that whole series

I will not be watching it.

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 10

Tt Go! is a travesty and a blight on the good Teen Titans name. The writers of this series took glee in slaughtering everything I possibly liked about the series and all characters have been reduced to sniveling unlikable flanderized caricatures of their former selves. They could pander all day and I will not touch it with a ten foot poll. A pox on that whole series

I will not be watching it.

Pole.

Also, I watched the show growing up, and I still like the new Teen Titans Go, even if it is less deep and more of a silly, lighthearted comedy.

• Brohoof 1

Pole.

Also, I watched the show growing up, and I still like the new Teen Titans Go, even if it is less deep and more of a silly, lighthearted comedy.

Flippin homonyms and their deceptive ways.

I like light hearted comedy and I like parodies and spoofs: Teen Titans Go! is not any of these things. In fact its almost a mean spirited slap in the face to the original series and its fans. From the episodes I did watch I was revolted at what they did to these characters and I found no humor in their lame gags.

A parody series like Team Four Stars Dragon Ball z abridged not only paid respect to the original material while poking a little fun at it, it also in a lot of ways made the series all the more enjoyable.

Tt Go! is nothing but a phoned in, half assed, worthless mockery of the original and I will not support it.

Thanks for the grammar error tip. I am still not going to watch it.

• Brohoof 4

Flippin homonyms and their deceptive ways.

I like light hearted comedy and I like parodies and spoofs: Teen Titans Go! is not any of these things. In fact its almost a mean spirited slap in the face to the original series and its fans. From the episodes I did watch I was revolted at what they did to these characters and I found no humor in their lame gags.

A parody series like Team Four Stars Dragon Ball z abridged not only paid respect to the original material while poking a little fun at it, it also in a lot of ways made the series all the more enjoyable.

Tt Go! is nothing but a phoned in, half assed, worthless mockery of the original and I will not support it.

Thanks for the grammar error tip. I am still not going to watch it.

I like TTG, but I'll admit Team Fourstar's Abridged Series is way better.

As for the evilness of the english language:

will smith will smith

is a valid sentence. So is:

will will smith smith.

I like TTG, but I'll admit Team Fourstar's Abridged Series is way better.

As for the evilness of the english language:

will smith will smith

is a valid sentence. So is:

will will smith smith.

Its okay if you like it. I am not going to pounce on you for enjoying something I hate. I leave that idiocy to antibronies.

English is wierd.

• Brohoof 1

raven__pegasister__by_sammyw28-d672bc7.j

And said episode makes it particularly yummy!

This is one of the things I actually LIKE about TTG.

I also just love how it does what the old show never even TRIED to do and throw in connections to the DCU with a ton of references and the occasional cameos.

• Brohoof 2

raven__pegasister__by_sammyw28-d672bc7.j

And said episode makes it particularly yummy!

This is one of the things I actually LIKE about TTG.

I also just love how it does what the old show never even TRIED to do and throw in connections to the DCU with a ton of references and the occasional cameos.

Is that a Cartoon Network HD logo I see?

...Why? It's a cartoon! Does the HD mean it has higher-quality audio?

I'm sorry, but I am going to go a little off here and say that TTG is a disgrace. I liked the original Teen Titans because it had all of the kid-friendly (9+) action in it, along with the comedy between beast boy and cyborg. And the romance between Robin and Starfire. It had all of the good characteristics of a great show! But TTG just.... ruined it all for me for the lack of it all.

kinda made me irritated..

TTG rid of the amazing action, ruined the character models, took romance to a comedic and ironic level, put excessive awkward comedy in all of the characters, expressed characteristics of Raven that NEVER did exist (even though I loved the MLP reference), and rid of the involvement of all of the amazing side characters. To me TTG was a disaster.

• Brohoof 2

I'm sorry, but I hate Teen Titans GO! With a burning passion. It mocks and spits in the fave of the original characters personalities and makes their intelligence reduced to the same level as that of South Park characters. They piss on the storyline, and they make the most threatening, powerful, and badass villains, into incompitant fodder who are only meant for comedy relief.

I would've let all that go. I would've just simply ignored it and have been neutral, letting bygons be bygons. But when they took a huge, stinking, steaming shit on the relationship between Beast Boy and Tara, and completely fucked up their feeling towards eachother and personalities, while also mocking the very storyline of that entire ark in one stupid spoof episode, they made me an enemy for life. I have too much love for that arc, BB and Tara's relationship, and the titans in general, to let something like that go.

So, to answer tpyour question, NO. I will not be watching that crap. I'm sorry if I come off as a dick, but this show spit in the face of one of my all time favorite childhood shows.

• Brohoof 1

Remember when comic book shows were actually good?

post-27108-0-60346700-1412398019.gifpost-27108-0-89302300-1412398040.gifpost-27108-0-90509000-1412398070.gifpost-27108-0-97827300-1412398099.gifpost-27108-0-77891900-1412398125.gif

post-27108-0-34867600-1412398145.gifpost-27108-0-46847800-1412398153.gif

post-27108-0-38199200-1412398169.gifpost-27108-0-71962000-1412398189.gifpost-27108-0-54446700-1412398198.gif

post-27108-0-60863300-1412398220.gifpost-27108-0-72766300-1412398238.gifpost-27108-0-03340300-1412398247.gifpost-27108-0-42758700-1412398257.gif

WTF happened? Don't get me wrong, i don't hate Teen Titans GO! I think some episodes, have some funny jokes. But i'd trade it in a heart beat to get just one well written animated comic book show, that's taking itself seriously, and have the characters acting well, in fucking character. As for the episode itself it was okay i guess, the Titans (excluding Raven) acted like assholes though.

Edited by Art Thief
  • Brohoof 2