mega thread MLP FiM Season 5 Preview Info (Spoilers)

Batbrony

Did anybody else saw in the trailer, when Pinkie Pie was cheering, how her Equal mark started to glow?

Does that mean that she get some kind of shock treatment or something?

(edited)

Did anybody else saw in the trailer, when Pinkie Pie was cheering, how her Equal mark started to glow?

Does that mean that she get some kind of shock treatment or something?

If Pinkie gets shocked, so help me. :okiedokielokie:

Edited by ChikoritaBrony

This season looks really interesting based on what we have so far. Starlight Glimmer seems like a good character and the whole communist/equalist pony society is intriguing. I'm also looking forward to the smooze showing up later on. (Discord at the Grand Galloping Gala? Omg!) The writers did a good job with Tirek, so I imagine the smooze would be successful characters.

I noticed at the end of the trailer that the premiere will start at 11:00 am. That means we'll have to wait an extra hour for pony.:(

• Brohoof 1

This season looks really interesting based on what we have so far. Starlight Glimmer seems like a good character and the whole communist/equalist pony society is intriguing. I'm also looking forward to the smooze showing up later on. (Discord at the Grand Galloping Gala? Omg!) The writers did a good job with Tirek, so I imagine the smooze would be successful characters.

I noticed at the end of the trailer that the premiere will start at 11:00 am. That means we'll have to wait an extra hour for pony.:(

Which timezone is 11:00am in? I'm sooo hyped, the only thing I see is the smoke from thh hype train!

Which timezone is 11:00am in? I'm sooo hyped, the only thing I see is the smoke from thh hype train!

11:00 Eastern Standard Time. Forgot to clarify whoops!

Come on everypony, hope onto the HYPE TRAIN! Whoo whoo!

(edited)

Probably Eastern. FiM has a two hour block on Saturdays from 10-12 AM EST, and it couldn't mean 10AM EST because the timezone one hour ahead isn't part of the US. That would only cover the very eastern parts of Canada, which I don't think have Discovery Family.

Edit: You know, I'd like a delete button just so that when someone answers before me I don't look like I'm being redundant.

Edited by Marimo

Howdy all!

As Twilight Sparkle sez: YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!

S5 date announced! :yay:

Interesting who voiced Starlight Glimmer in the 2 parter.

Discord returns.

The Smooze

Ep 100 hype.

Tony Award singer Lena Hall sings.

Man this gonna be GOOD! ^_^

Cant wait!

• Brohoof 1

Looks like Smooze is 507, according to the production stamp on the animatic.

Interesting.

My sister therorized that the Smooze clips looked like they were at the Grand Galloping Gala. Are we doing that again?

Well, it has been theorized that Princess Twilight Sparkle was the year mark. Maybe that explains why we're doing more stuff for Heart's Warming Eve.

(edited)

FIM!Smooze seems awfully friendly in the trailer.

Is he going to be a villain or not?

I guess he'll be an antagonist like Trixie or Gilda as he'll appear in only 1 episode (not 2), but the way he's introduced is a bit weird indeed. Edited by Blobulle

I guess he'll be an antagonist like Trixie or Gilda as he only appears in 1 episode, but the way he's introduced is a bit weird indeed.

Well, it showed Pinkie trying to have a good time with him. Maybe it will be one of those cases where the Smooze tries to take over something, but ends up acting as the straight man to Pinkie's gags. That would actually be rather brilliant.

How are people confused about this? The Smooze was introduced by Discord and had a nervous smile, also, he was smiling with Pinkie, he is not an antagonist, he will be a misunderstood character that the people at the (most likely) Gala will learn to love or push him over the edge.

MLP Season 5 is coming April 4th!!! WHOOOO! No more worry required!

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/03/new-season-5-trailer.html#more

https://www.animationmagazine.net/tv/my-little-pony-season-5-hoofs-it-to-discovery-family/

I wonder if Starlight Glimmer is related to Sunset Shimmer somehow. Like Twilight Velvet + Twilight Sparkle and the Apples being named similarly. She seems like a character who will be reformed. The behind the scenes bit was awesome. 

MLP Season 5 is coming April 4th!!! WHOOOO! No more worry required!

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/03/new-season-5-trailer.html#more

https://www.animationmagazine.net/tv/my-little-pony-season-5-hoofs-it-to-discovery-family/

I wonder if Starlight Glimmer is related to Sunset Shimmer somehow. Like Twilight Velvet + Twilight Sparkle and the Apples being named similarly. She seems like a character who will be reformed. The behind the scenes bit was awesome. 

They aren't related, the writers try to not connect the cannon between the two universes often, except for a few Flash cameos of course ;)

Seriously though, she has no relation to anything in EQG, just like how people thought she was Aria...zero chance.

Can we already agree that Starlight Glimmer is cutest villain?

full.gif

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The info before today was like drizzle, but today the info came out like a freakin flood. The hype train is doing sonic rainboom apparently.

Question though. The premiere episode marks episode 92/93, correct? If yes, then ep. 100 will be around early June. Just sayin.

2nd cutest. Sunny takes the spot :3

Either way, I'd expect Starlight Glimmer fan club to be made in a few days.

Edited by FabulousNightmare

The info before today was like drizzle, but today the info came out like a freakin flood. The hype train is doing sonic rainboom apparently.

Question though. The premiere episode marks episode 92/93, correct? If yes, then ep. 100 will be around early June. Just sayin.

2nd cutest. Sunny takes the spot :3

Either way, I'd expect Starlight Glimmer fan club to be made in a few days.

I don't watch EG, so it's still Starlight for me.

I look forward to the story of Mayor Marx there.  :P 

But I'm kind of glad they didn't make the Smooze just a "giant blob rolls over everything" story.  We already had our "Force of nature growing and spreading" story in the Season 4 premier.  I'm still certain Smooze is gonna gunk up Equestria but in a refreshing way we haven't see a million times.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

They aren't related, the writers try to not connect the cannon between the two universes often, except for a few Flash cameos of course ;)

Seriously though, she has no relation to anything in EQG, just like how people thought she was Aria...zero chance.

Oh yeah I forgot the "no canon, separate franchise" thing for a sec there. My bad.

img-3552287-1-full.gif

Totally agree! Kinda like an evil Twi with her expressions.

I just wonder why they didn't announce the release date a bit sooner like around the time of Ponycon. 

Edited by StitchandMLPlover

Finally a release date! That new trailer has me more excited than ever. The Gala! With Discord!? And the SMOOZE!? *cough* Nothing can stop the Smooooze! Yes. My five-year-old self is doing a happy dance. The G1 nostalgia is strong in this one.

Starlight Glimmer is adorable...but. Starlight,Twilight. Glimmer,Shimmer. The name similarities are gonna drive me insane. XD But that's a small nitpick.

The 100th episode seems to have a wedding scene and if I caught the clip right it looked like Cranky Doodle Donkey and Matilda. The ending of the trailer was hilarious. Such a tease. I swear I heard him say something starting with an "S" and "D" before it cut out. Starswirl? Derpy? Steven Magnet? (yes I saw him in the wedding scene) Doctor Whooves? Could be anything. But I can't wait for April!

Dis gon' be good. 

• Brohoof 1

I have spent the past several hours reading this thread upon hearing the official release date April 4th! I have just been waiting for the official date to start getting on the hype train and looking at all the teasers/spoilers, and well....

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN! 

Omg I can't wait!!!! Starlight Glimmer, the equal signs, the story or what we know of it so far, the lines we have seen already, that last video "and for the first time ever we will have...." *technical difficulties* and just

like Twilight says: Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!

It sounds like this Season will be awesome! <3