Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Hearts and Hooves Day! [Highschool SoL/Romance]

Plume

Back Track had been captivated by most of his classes so far. In microcomputer applications he was helping on planning a presentation that him and a group of other students on computer safety for fillies. The next class was history which was an all right course. The stallion didn't mind it so much, as history was one of his favorite subjects though it didn't look like that to the other classmates. 

As soon as class ended it was nearly time for lunch and most students if not all would probably fill up the lines for food. Though not this unicorn. Back Track made his way to his locker and grabbed his cold lunch which was nothing too exciting. A cold sandwich, chips and a cookie everything a growing boy needed or at least what he needed. Instead of heading towards the cafeteria though, Back Track began making his way to the computer lab instead.

(OOC: Sorry I haven't posted lately)

Chains smiled and grabbed his phone, grinning like an idiot.

'Sure, I wouldn't mind going on a 'not date' with you'

Now he could say that, but chains didn't feel like causing the mare to blush anymore, at least not for now, maybe more at lunch.

"Sure, sounds like fun, and I could do with some relaxing after school, might as well"

Connor looks at his Wallpaper, smiling normally now.

"About six months back, the music festival down in Manehattan, you went?"

Chains was starting too like this mare more and more, somepony who was nice and could hold a conversation, what more could he ask for in a friend, he wasn't quite sure if fancied her, not to say she wasn't attractive, quite the opposite, most mares would pay big money to look like her, and have her social life.

But he was looking for more in a mare than outside beauty, this mare was showing a lot of personality, and also normality, which was nice.

"Hit me when class finishes, I'm gonna catch a few Zs, not that your boring me"

He smiled at Spacer, before letting his head drop a little.

Soon a quiet and calm snoring could be heard coming from Chains, now fast asleep.

'He said yes! Woo!'

Spacer's smile got bigger at his acceptance to on her date/outing/hangout ordeal. She didn't know what to call it anymore but all she knew is that Chains said yes to it and that gave her a warm feeling.

"You went to that music festival too? I knew it looked familiar. I was in the front row jumping around like a silly pony that I am"

"Okay I'll wake you when class is out"

Her lightly blushed face faded away and was back to normal as Chains dozed off in his seat. It was quite smart of him to wear his shades so the teacher would see he was sleeping but she thought the faint sound of snoring would give him away if any pony came close to him.  She giggled softly at the thought. She now could take a better look at Chains and his formal attire. Not many stallions wore suits let alone to school and Spacer wondered why. Chains looked pretty cute in his even if he was missing his tie.

When the teacher let class go to lunch, Spacer gave Chains a small poke on his hoof with hers.

"wake up sleepy its time for lunch" She said giving a warm smile as she hopped off her seat and stretched out her wings. "Another boring lecture, I hope they have something good for lunch"

Chains moved a bit as he felt a hoof touch his, he opened his eyes slowly and followed the hoof to its owner, who turned out to be Spacer, well, wow, she's got a soft hoof.

Chains sat up, cracking his neck as he did, and he smiled up at Spacer.

"Same here, I'll hop the fence if they don't have something good today"

He stood up and grabbed his bag, sticking it on his back and standing by Spacer, fixing his shirt.

"You wanna lead the way?"

All right, Riley..... I know after school but I meant what time do you want to go,", she asked after a facehoof. She waited for his planned time before heading to class and sitting through a lecture and heading to lunch. (Just skipping through the class since you guys have progressed to lunch, and sorry for late post, forgot this thread existed).

@@dusk shade,

"Well, when I said 'after school', that's what I meant - instead of going home straight away, we take a detour to go for archery and ice cream," said Riley as he and Anala walked to the cafeteria. "I heard they have a new chocolate fudge and banana flavour! Who in their right mind would miss out on that?"

"Oh, right.... I guess I should have figured that one out", she said with a nod. "All right, we'll head out for ice cream right after school, then", she said as she grabbed her lunch. "As for who would want to miss that fudge and banana ice cream, probably somepony whose allergic to chocolate".

@@dusk shade,

Riley laughed nervously at Anala's pointing-out. "Yeah..."

~~~

They reached the cafeteria, and Riley sat down at a table and peered into his lunchbox. He broke his cookie in half and gave one half to Anala. "Tell me what you think of the cookies Mom baked," he said.

"Or somepony whose allergic to banks... Or lactose intolerant, that is". She took the broken off half of cookie. "Sure, okay thanks'', she ate the cookie and raised her eyebrows a bit." Huh.. That's really good, I've gotta admit it", she said before starting on her own lunch.

@@dusk shade,

"Glad you like it," said Riley. He ate his half of the cookie. "Mmm... good as always."

'Such a shame the cookie is all gone now...'

He picked up his sandwich and was just about to take a bite out of it, when something cold and squishy fell and splattered on his head.

"What the-?!"

He looked up to see the source. Other kids had been throwing the cafeteria's sticky mashed potato onto the ceiling.

She watched as the potatoes hit his head and went to grab him a napkin. "Really, Riley.... How is it that these things always happen to you.... Did you incur a mummy's curse at some point or something", she asked now only half joking. She checked above her just to he safe and found no potatoes to fall on her.

Edited by Dusk Shade

@@dusk shade,

"Perhaps it's karma for all the pranks you and I play on a regular basis," suggested Riley. He took the mashed potato off his head, got rid of the dirt and mane strands, and ate the potato. "It's really no mystery as to who put that whoopee cushion on the teacher's chair last week."

She nodded at his karma suggestion. "Yeah, it could be karma hinting us, but what about me then? I haven't had any potatoes dropping on my head, so I guess I must be free from karma, unlike you''she said before taking a bite from her sandwich. " And everypony knows who put the whoopee cushion there".

@@dusk shade,

"Yes they do..." said Riley with a devious grin.

His devious grin then shifted to an innocent one. "Well, time to eat!"

*MUNCH!* He took a hearty bite of his sandwich.

"But do you remember that one time?" he said through his mouthful.

~~~

As the teacher plopped his rear down on the chair... *FRRRT!*

The entire class burst out into laughter.

"Way to put a whoopee cushion on the teacher's chair, Riley!" said Brutus, nudging his Pegasus friend playfully.

The teacher's cheeks flushed red. "Um... yes, a whoopee cushion... let's go with that..." His eyes shifted around.

Spacer was already at the door, bag over her back, looking back at Chains getting ready to go and cracking his neck. The sound made her shiver and caused her coat to puff up on end making her look bigger for a second.

When Chains got up next to her she seen him fixing his shirt. 'He must care about his looks or at least his suit.'

She put her hoof on his shirt and fixed a couple spots he missed, trying to not make eye contact and cause a awkward moment. She couldn't believe she just did that. She usually gussied herself up and no other pony. She backed up to get a better look closing one eye with her tongue sticking out a little.

"Sorry you missed a spot there, I just couldn't help it" She said smiling with closed eyes then led them into the cafeteria.

Spacer dashed through the lunch line and picked up a salad and a sandwich. Not the best thing but she could tolerate it. She slid in a seat at a random table and nibbled on a piece of lettuce from the salad. She tried to be healthy whenever she could but sweet stuff was just sooo much better. She eyed the pony scouts that sold cookies at lunch every so often and looked at her half eaten lettuce. 'how dare you tease me cookies...' she joked in her mind before looking back to see if Chains was in line or really ditching.

"Riley.. Typically Ponies don't talk with their mouths full, you know", she asked with a sigh at his lack of etiquette. "I mean it doesn't really bother me, seeing as I'm more than used to your manners, or lack thereof....", she said with another bite of her sandwich.

• Brohoof 1

@@dusk shade,

When Anala complained about his etiquette, Riley fekt as if he'd just been punched in the stomach by Brutus. This hurt because A, Brutus was perhaps one of the strongest ponies in the school, and B, Brutus was a good friend of his.

'WHAT. IN. CELESTIA'S. NAME. WAS. I. THINKIIIIING!'

Riley swallowed his mouthful. "P-please forgive me, Anala," he said.

"I said it was fine. Like I said, I'm used to your behavior and put up with it, don't worry about it", she assured him though it had annoyed her quite a bit that he ate like that, but it was just how he was and it wasn't something that was going to change and she would just have to deal with it to hang out with him.

• Brohoof 1

@@dusk shade,

'Unless you want to be miserable for the rest of your life, Mister Blythe, you'd better change your behaviour,' his mind scolded him. 'No more sloppy eating, no more bumping butts with your colt friends...'

Riley sat up straighter and wiped the crumbs off his mouth with a napkin.

• Brohoof 1

Anala' eyes widened when sat up straight and she most fell out of her chair choking when wiped his crumbs away. She regained her composure after a moment of shock and looked at him skeptically. "You all right,..... you're sitting straight and using your napkin.... Its really wierd..... Did you hit your head earlier"?

@@dusk shade,

Riley raised an eyebrow. "What?" he said, attempting to keep a cool and collected composure. "I'm just trying to eat like a normal pony does, and not some uncivilised slob who has no chance of finding a girlfriend or boyfriend."

"And are you okay? I heard you choke." he added.

"Yeah, you're being normal... That's what weird about this... I'm used to you sounding around and talking with a full mouth, .... Not sitting properly and wiping your mouth clean... Its unnatural. But yeah, I'm fine... Just, weirded out is all", she explained before eating the rest of her sandwich.

@@dusk shade,

'Darnit. What should I do? If I act like I usually do, she'll think I'm gross. If I force myself to have good etiquette, she'll think I'm weird.'

"Well... what do you prefer?" questioned Riley. "I can act with good manners or bad ones. Whichever one you find less unnerving."

He did hope he wasn't looking weird just by asking that question.

She looked at him with a look of total confusion. "Whyd does it matter what I prefer... Whatever. I'd rather you act like Riley Blythe, not some proper high class Pont that you aren't. If put have trouble being polite, then don't be, I'd rather have you been the you I like out with, I was just suggesting maybe not talking with your mouth full, that was all".

Edited by Dusk Shade

@@dusk shade,

Riley nodded. "Okay..." he said. He popped in the last bite of his sandwich, and didn't say a word whilst eating it, or even leave his mouth open.

"So... don't eat with my mouth full," he restated. "Any other requirements?"

Maybe he should have fallen in love with Spacer instead. Then he wouldn't be in this awkward situation.