Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Hearts and Hooves Day! [Highschool SoL/Romance]

Plume

Horsefly gazed out the window thinking about the answer to that for a long while eyes glazing over in thought, finally she snapped back to reality remembering where she was and clearing her throat, "ahem, well... that's a loaded question. Umm I guess you could say I got in trouble for skipping class... yea? Yea. That's what it is." She laughed some what nervously looking over at the pony fast asleep at the head of the room suddenly an idea came to her. "Hey, wanna get out of here?" she knew it was a bad idea but with the amount of trouble that she had already gotten into in the past this seemed like a tea party so she decided to take a chance. Her eyes shone just slightly at the idea of getting out of the musty room and stretching her wings a bit, she looked at the colt giving him and almost pleading look to have him say yes. 

@@slimmyjimjim,

Back Track was taken aback by her request. He was usually a by the book person and rarely broke rules unless it was for his own benefit.

"B-but, we could get in trouble and-" The stallion couldn't fight the mare's gaze. It was like a puppy looking at him, you couldn't say no to it.

The stallion sighed. "Okay," He said ready to follow the mare. 

@@thor9356 

Smiling in relief, "awesome let's get going, we don't want to waste daylight." Horsefly  jumped out of the chair glad that he didn't seem to have heard any of the rumors floating around school about her curious activities. Closing the space between them she held out her hoof, "name's Horsefly, what's yours?" praying inside that he had never heard of her name before she held in a breath waiting for his reaction all the while smiling her big goofy grin trying to seem nonchalant.

@@slimmyjimjim,

"Back Track" He replied sheepishly before shaking Horsefly's hoof, it was a little sweaty. 

"It's uhmmm nice to meet you Horsefly, even if we are in detention heh," He said forcing a smile on his face. Needless to say the stallion was a little curious what she had in mind to do. There didn't seem to be much to do outside of school.

Edited by thor9356

@@thor9356 

She let out a sigh of relief in seeing his lack of reaction finally firm in her knowledge that he had no previous knowledge of her existence. "Back Track," she said back to him quite liking the sound of that name, "that is a seriously bad flank name." She gave a smirk before turning around beginning to trot toward the door feathers rustling in anticipation. She swore to herself that this day would not be wasted and she was determined to keep that promise, and now she had a friend to do it with. Meanwhile, Pencil Pusher snored on unaware of his tenants escaping through the unlocked door and out into the world, instead dreaming of happy days and clear skies.

@@slimmyjimjim,

"My name isn't that bad," He muttered to himself following the mare. He was already starting to sweat a little after ditching detention with a mare he hardly knew. In fact, he was beginning to have second thoughts about this. 

"So, where are we going? Cause if it's the computer lab in room 210 then i'm banned from that room," He said to the mare in a nervous tone.  

"Oh, what? No, we're not even staying at school. We're going out!" she opened up her forehooves at the last word the doors to the front of the school bursting open letting them out into the world finally breathing in the clear air. Horsefly spread her wings taking into the air landing in a nearby tree branch turning around to face her new found friend, "come on, hurry up." She called out to him beginning to mimic a bird call which, if you weren't looking, you could've sworn is was from a real bird. She jumped down to the ground at the base of the tree waiting for him to follow her smiling that same goofy smile.

@@slimmyjimjim,

"Wait, what?!" He exclaimed before she flew towards the tree. The stallion had to admit she was pretty cute with that smile of hers, but soon shook it off. He smiled back at the mare and followed her to the tree, he was still somewhat uneasy about leaving school, but who knows, maybe he was making a new friend for once.

@@dusk shade,

~~~A considerable amount of time later~~~

*RINGRING!*

The bell rang to denote that class was now over and that the students and teachers were now permitted to fritter the rest of the day away doing whatever.

"Well, let's go, fellas!" said Riley to Anala, Clavier, and Brutus.

(So Sorry for not being on so long, Halloween was a nightmare on me... Anyway, I'm back now, and hopefully the thread hasn't died while I was gone!)

Chains smiled and led spacer around to a alley hidden between two sections of the school, in the alley was a sofa and a small fridge that was plugged in through a small hole leading into the school, Chains had sat on the sofa and chatted to Spacer about random stuff until the bell rang, signalling their Freedom.

Spacer ears shot in the direction of the ringing of the bell and smiled at Chains. They shared a bunch together since they ditched school and Spacer was really warming up to Chains. She was enjoying his company more and more.

"Well, looks like we officially ditched school for today"

Spacer stretched before getting up off the sofa and fixing her mane a bit before taking a look out from where they entered.

"You still want to hit the ice cream parlor with me?" She asked spreading her wings and flapped them a couple times. "We just better hurry though, my parents don't like when I am home late " She looked up at other pegusi taking off from the school and looked back at chains giving a warm smile.

Chains nods and sits up, slipping his shades back on and grabbing his bag and walking next to her with a warm smile.

"Sure, how you wanna get there? You wanna walk?"

He pops his neck again and grins at her, before his phone went off and he grabbed it from his pocket and answered it, the conversation not sounding too nice, chains used a few unsavoury words, a few were heard coming from the phone, chains ended the call looking annoyed.

"Sorry about that, wanna get going spacer?"

"Lets wal...." Spacers word trailed off as she listened to to the conversation Chains was having over the phone. From the sound of it, it wasn't a good phone call with the words coming from Chains. She waited while hoofing at a rock in the ground and her ears partly down until he was done.

"its okay, ya we should get going." She waited for him to be by her side and then took off towards town.

"So...." she said seeing that Chains look a bit annoyed. "Everything okay with that phone call? Seemed like something got your blood boiling."

Her words were soft but she was concerned for Chains. She wasn't sure if he was going to tell her anything.

Chains walked beside spacer, looking really annoyed, but when spacer asked what was up, his expression softened and he looked to her smiling sadly, feeling bad for making her worry.

"Its nothing, just a few... Well let's just say a few of my less respectable 'friends' called me to tell me something I asked to do went wrong, let's just get the ice-cream shop, its better if I got of the streets right now, you don't have to worry though"

Spacer trotted along looking ahead until they got to the parlor, she opened the door as they both entered and sat at a booth.

She rested her head on a hoof still concerned for Chains. 'Why does he have to get of the streets? Why did he sarcastically said friends?' She thought in her mind staring into space.

She was about to ask him about it but the waiter came by. "I'll just have a sundae with extra sprinkles." She said before looking at Chains with a half smile. "What would you like Chains? Its on me"

Chains sat at the booth, half looking out the window and half looking at spacer, when the waiter came by and asked for orders, and Spacer offered to pay for his choice, he grinned and pulled out his wallet and put enough bits on the table to buy everypony in here an ice-cream.

"Don't worry I'll pay, what kind of stallion would I be if I didn't treat the fair lady to a Ice-cream"

He then turned to the waiter and looked at him seriously.

Get the lady what she wants, make sure its good, and I'll have a Coffee, extra strong, no cream, and if the lady isn't happy with her order, you won't be getting a tip understood?"

Hearing the ponies cheer for Chains, Spacer's eyes widened. "Where did you get all those bits?" She was happy that he was paying for her but he had easily 20 times as much bits as she did.

Spacer was just starting her career as a DJ and was only making a couple bits if that a week. She still lived with her parents and too see Chains break out that much bits made Spacers mind run wild on what Chains did.

Soon her sundae came in front of her. It looked like the best sundae she has ever got from the parlor. She licked at it 'mmm' she said to herself. "This is the best sundae I ever got from here." She put her bits back in her bag and seen Chains kept looking at her and outside. "Are you looking for somepony?" She asked.

Chains had his coffee In hoof taking a sip every now and then, he laughed at her question, and how much she liked her sundae, simple things that made life enjoyable.

"My work is very lucrative, might not be as fun as being an upcoming DJ, but meh, its not important"

He turned to look out the window, sighing happily for some reason.

"Not looking, trying to avoid, my job requires a certain reputation, not one found commonly in Ice-Cream stores"

He then laughs and smiles at her.

"Being with a beautiful mare helps though..."

Spacer smile and almost blushed at what Chains said 'He called me beautiful!' She screamed in her head taking a spoonful of ice cream in her mouth to cool her down.

When she swallowed she replied "Thats very nice of you to say Chains, its not often I get to hang or even talk to a stallion like yourself" She looked outside watching a small breeze move the trees.

She took the last bites of her ice cream and rubbed her belly. "Now that is good ice cream" she said giving a laugh. "Hows was your coffee?"

Spacer wasn't too much a fan for coffee, it has a weird taste to it but she did enjoy the smell which she inhaled as they talked.

@@dusk shade@@,

"Hey there, Spacer! You too, Chains!" Riley greeted the DJ mare and the other stallion as he, Anala, Brutus, and Clavier trotted into the ice cream parlour.

Riley surveyed the menu with eager, hungry eyes. "Good thing I've been saving up Bits to get the most expensive special on the menu..."

Chains smiled and watched Spacer finish up her sundae, she enjoyed it, which meant to him it was money well spent.

"Glad you enjoyed it, my Coffee was good, you want anything else?"

Chains looked over to Riley when he said hello to them, he smiled and leaned back in his seat.

"Riley right? You alright? What you doing here?"

Spacer shook her head no to Chains as Riley and his group moved in a table next to them.

"Oh hey Riley! Hungry much?" Spacer asked giggling at Riley as he stared intently into the menu. "I'd suggest a sundae, its simply amazing"

Taking her tail and putting it in her lap, Spacer looked at Riley's group. She remembered most of their names. At least she thought she did. Too many ponies to think of at school right now. Chains was mostly on her mind right now which surprised her since music was always mostly on her mind.

Spacer shook her head no to Chains as Riley and his group moved in a table next to them.

"Oh hey Riley! Hungry much?" Spacer asked giggling at Riley as he stared intently into the menu. "I'd suggest a sundae, its simply amazing"

Taking her tail and putting it in her lap, Spacer looked at Riley's group. She remembered most of their names. At least she thought she did. Too many ponies to think of at school right now. Chains was mostly on her mind right now which surprised her since music was always mostly on her mind.

Chains nodded and looked back out the window briefly, before looking back to Spacer as he finished his Coffee.

"Ok, you got any ideas for where you wanna throw your party? And how many ponies are you going to be inviting?"

He said pulling a notepad and pen out of his bag and sticking them on the table.

Spacer tapped a hoof on her chin. "Hmmm I was thinking just my house though I doubt my parents will enjoy the whole school at my house." She said with a laugh and looked outside.

"I could have it at the park, lots of space there." She said bringing her eyes back to Chains who had his notebook out. "All the food can be brought from everypony who comes. As for who is invited, I honestly don't care" she smiled " but if a stallion decides to come on me I'm counting on you to pry him off me" she laughed and seen that the sun was setting. She grabbed her bag and put it on her back.

"When its getting late and I wouldn't want to upset my parents and get grounded again" she said getting up then scratched the back of her neck. "If your not doing anything right now, think you could walk me home? I usually don't walk home this late at night without a friend."

Chains scribbled some stuff down as she talked, and he looked up to her nodding.

"Alright so I'm also your Bodyguard for the Party as well, that's gonna cost extra... Just kidding"

He stood up and grabbed his bag and stuck it on his back, before stepping up beside her.

"Sure, I got you covered!"