Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The Dark Age of Video Games

The Coffee Pony

Nintendo is the only company that does DLC right. Case in point, Mario Kart 8 and Smash 4. Like stated earlier in this thread, it's there if the game is starting to get stale after a while, and ISN'T REQUIRED TO FINISH THE GAME. In fact, neither of these games really have an end anyway.

A lot to do with gaming nowadays really sucks...hell, after Destiny, I never want to pre-order a new game again! No matter what fancy exclusive content they may offer for a pre-order.

I wouldn't say I've noticed this problem for as long as you, really only thinking the downfall begun with the next-gen consoles. Games like AC Unity and Halo MCC were so broken on release, it's incredible the devs even dared to put them on shelves! I've seen games in alpha stages that are more complete and less buggy! And then there was Destiny. All I found in that game was broken promises and overpriced DLC. I mean come on, the introduction of the first DLC made it look like the many free-to-play games that are pay-to-win even though I already spent £40 when I pre-ordered the game. And the DLC was £20 for about 30 extra minutes of story! Seriously WTF!

But not all in this generation is bad. The Metro series is a triple AAA title where the developers (4A games) put love into what they made and it shows. Incredible game and the little DLC there is, is incredibly cheap (£10 for a season pass; most games have a season pass for £40). Rainbow Six Siege also looks promising, the RB6 series being pretty trustworthy as it is. And I'm also excited for the sequel to the 2013 Tomb Raider reboot which was phenomenal  :lol:

So I wouldnt call it a dark age, just a rather grim time  :blink:

• Brohoof 1

I miss the days where I could unlock content by just playing the game. Trying to unlock all the characters or stages is something to strive for and it keeps me playing.

I do like a little dlc if the content feels legitimately "extra", but when you need to download something to get the full experience.

One thing I hate that is usually done with Capcom fighting games, is when they release a game, I buy it the day of, and then a month later they come out with the "Super mega turbo tournament edition" with like 8 more characters and extra modes. What's worse is that it's not even downloadable content. It's a whole other game that I would have to pay full price for!

Trust me, as an avid Blizzard fan, Diablo III is the biggest disappointment I've ever played. I have 3 level 70 characters, none of them are high paragon, because f*ck adventure mode. I bought the game for its story, not to go crusading around killing the same shit over and over for a chance at an orange (Legendary) item. 

Trust me, as an avid Blizzard fan, Diablo III is the biggest disappointment I've ever played. I have 3 level 70 characters, none of them are high paragon, because f*ck adventure mode. I bought the game for its story, not to go crusading around killing the same shit over and over for a chance at an orange (Legendary) item. 

In Blizzard's defense, Diablo was never really played for its story.  It has always been a hack, slash, loot game from the very first installment, with something that barely passes as a story tacked on afterward to justify the mass slaughter done at the hands of the PCs.  Diablo 3 does exactly what is required of such a game, and it does it very well.  The adventure mode wasn't even originally part of the game, it was only added after the expansion. 

I have hope installed in the Wii U, and predict great games for the PS4. Why?

One word: Desperation. (For Sony more than Nintendo)

Yeah, nevermind. Sony is going to survive by being full of bullshit, and it's going to work because of ignorant, easily fooled casuals.

If Battlefront gets screwed over by DLC bullshit, then the industry (minus Nintendo) officially needs to die. Same with TESVI.

If Battlefront gets screwed over by DLC bullshit, then the industry (minus Nintendo) officially needs to die. Same with TESVI.

I purchased Battlefront II several years ago and simply was not impressed with it.  It played like a poor man's version of Battlefield 2.  Currently, there is a massive amount of competition in play for the battlefield style MMOFPS.  If they drop the ball, try a competitor.  I recommend Planetside 2. 

I purchased Battlefront II several years ago and simply was not impressed with it.  It played like a poor man's version of Battlefield 2.  Currently, there is a massive amount of competition in play for the battlefield style MMOFPS.  If they drop the ball, try a competitor.  I recommend Planetside 2. 

PC or Xbox?

Xbox version plays a lot better.

I personally believe we are currently experiencing the calm before the storm. The sky is grey, and the future looks bleak, but there is no raging storms here yet. The AAA companies are realizing the monetary potential of things such as the on-disk DLC, Micro-transactions, and always-online DRM. My suggestion? Gather all your post-modern gen games, move into a bunker, and wait it out. Hopefully you won't rise out of the ashes Fallout style. 

I personally believe we are currently experiencing the calm before the storm. The sky is grey, and the future looks bleak, but there is no raging storms here yet. The AAA companies are realizing the monetary potential of things such as the on-disk DLC, Micro-transactions, and always-online DRM. My suggestion? Gather all your post-modern gen games, move into a bunker, and wait it out. Hopefully you won't rise out of the ashes Fallout style. 

It's kind of weird that there's no definitive non-Nintendo next-gen title that I'm really excited about. Borderlands 3 may prove to be this, but probably not. I guess what I should be waiting for is another Dark Forces game. The amount of pure ass that would kick. But probably not, with Disney owning LucasArts. The Elder Scrolls series, well, Skyrim was so ridiculously flawed, and also ridiculously popular, so they're probably going to go in that direction. I hope they make some improvements, but I'm sure I'm not getting another Morrowind, or even Oblivion. Wow. Outside Nintendo, things are looking really bleak for this next gen. Nothing's interesting me!

• Brohoof 1