Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Nothing personal, it's just business...

nx9100

@@Unicorncob,

Gloom kept smirking. "Aye. I want to know who the dark stallion is.  I have a feeling he has something to do with a business stallion I've heard about. Name'd Ennex. Also, by any chance to know someone by the name of Malachi Semi? Hes a Capo for the Femi crime family in Manehattan.  He likes to wear a tacky Hawaiian shirt."

@@Gloomfury

"I'm afraid I can only give you a name," Dusk admitted, tilting her head with curiosity, "that, and he's a rather sneaky sort. Surprising, for a stallion his size, honestly."

A snort escaped him at his comment on the other pony.

"As for your...fashionably challenged friend," he continued, "I believe I have seen him before. Hanging around with that Ennex pony you mentioned."

Considering he wasn't exactly part of Ennex's operation, he saw no harm in sharing a few secrets.

@@Unicorncob,

"I see. Well I guess it makes since." He said before leaning in his chair. He reached into his bag and pulled out a pack of cigarettes, put on in his mouth and lit it with a copper colored lighter. "So, what's the stallions name? Also, if you don't mind. What was you're meeting with him about?"

@@Gloomfury

"Ravage, I believe his name was," Dusk explained, watching as the stallion reached for a cigarette, a vice he personally did not find favourable, "as for the meeting, it was nothing of importance. Something about finding information about a work colleague of his."

caliber frowned. "ya know, normally, i would fight you right here, and now. to be honest, i really want to." he closed his eyes, and sighed. "but! your her special somepony. and im working for her. so i guess thats out." he had that 'oh, well' look on him. "but i do know know one thing." his eyes sparked. "im most likely stronger than you. and im pretty sure ill be enough for whatever tries to hurt her. you just focus on the romance." caliber said, with a dangerous voice. "its all your good at"

@,@@Gloomfury,

Sakuya rolled her eyes.  "Boys, please," she grumbled, "let's get outside, the testosterone in here is drowning me."  She led the two stallions back out into the street, noticing that the sun was setting in the distance.  "Hmmm, since it's getting late, perhaps we should skip the office and head out for some dinner.  Do you have any preferred place?" she asked Malachi.  "And would you mind if Caliber comes along for now?  I don't trust Ravage to not have somepony following me, and," she winked at him, "while I know you can handle yourself, I'd feel better with him nearby, just in case."

@@Unicorncob,

"Hmm." He said before blowing out some smoke  way from Dusk, not to be rude. "Ravage, hu?" He made a face and nod. "It kinda fits him. I can smell a lot of blood on him and sense that he can kill without batting an eyelash. " He blew some more smoke from his nose and let his cigarette hang hin his mouth while he leaned forward and looked right at Dusk.  "One last question, what's the name of this colleague of his?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@@@nx9100,

Malachi's eyebrow twitched after what caliber said.   But h he tried to keep calm because Sakuya was there. "A lot of big talk coming from a punk who can't handle himself without a magic weapon." He turned around to face him. "I just got my bat and my hooves, you got a magic sword that you use your magic to wiled. Yeah, you're pretty strong." He said sarcastically before walking next to Sakuya again. "I could use something to eat. And I guess he can come. I'm sure he can watch your back from the kids table." He laughed.

• Brohoof 1

@@Gloomfury

Dusk tilted his head slightly at his comment. This guy could smell blood on him? He didn't smell a thing and he was upclose and personal with him.

Just who was this guy?

At his question, he simply blinked. "Sakuya, I believe her name is. Works for this 'Ennex' as well, I believe."

He smirked and leaned in himself. "Now it's my turn. Why exactly do you need to know all this? What are you looking for?"

@@Unicorncob,

He smirked. "Something to do." He shrugged before leaning back. "As you can tell I ain't no normal run of the meal, every day pony. I got one hoof in the grave, one in this worlds underground and a name on the shite list of a few ponies, griffons and whatnot. Even princesses can't stand me. I got back to town a few weeks ago to look for work. But things been kinda slow so I'm just finding something to keep the boredom away."

@@Gloomfury

Dusk let out a huff through his nostrils, smirking at the stallion's answer. A wanderer with a bit of a reputation, and a flare for the dramatic, apparently.

Though, he could not fault his reasoning. After all, boredom was what brought himself to Manehattan in the first place.

"Strange minds indeed think alike," he chuckled, taking a sip of his coffee, "I too came to this city looking for distractions of some kind. Money is no object for me, simply a bonus." He turned his head a bit, still smirking and keeping his look on the stallion. "Are you suggesting a venture of some kind?"

(he fights like a human, actually. on his hind legs, and holding his sword with a hoof. :derp: )

calibers eyes narrowed. "i use my hooves to hold my sword, actually. i just didn't think i would need to do that when it sliced your bat. not worth going full-out on, ya know?" he kept walking. "also, its not that magical. it just has a simple endurance enchantment. to make sure its hard to break. and ill take ya on hoof-to-hoof anytime." he shrugged. "ill probably lose, cause your right. swordplay is all im good at. but for know, food comes first. sayuka, i hope ya have a lot of money!!" he said cheerfully. he kept his guard up, however.

@@Gloomfury@,@@Unicorncob,

Sakuya rolled her eyes once again.  "Boys, please," she said, trying to break up their banter, "as much as I could use a distraction, let's save that for another day.  For now, I just want to go someplace nice for dinner."  She lead them down the street, heading back towards the business district and out of the slums.  "Malachi, any preferred place?  My treat," she said, looking at Caliber..."

----------------------

Ravage remained standing to one side of the office, watching his master as he studied the city below from the window.  He thought of mentioning what he found, about the plans and spell book, but decided to keep it to himself for now.  If that 'Grand Plan' became public, it would cause mass panic, he thought.  And if he wanted me to be aware of it, he would have said something.  Ravage was conflicted.  While his life-dept to Ennex guaranteed his loyalty and obedience, trust was another issue.  For now, he decided to remain quiet, and wait for instructions....

• 5 weeks later...

@,@@Unicorncob,

the wait didn't take long...

"Ravage," Ennex said, still watching out the office windows, "Tell me something.  How do you feel about Sakuya?  Am I putting too much trust in her?"

The question caught him off guard.  "I do not question your decisions," he said.

Ennex turned from the window to look into Ravage's red eyes, a feat few others could do without flinching.  "I asked you a question."

"I do not trust her," the bodyguard replied.  "She practices non-pony magic, and wasn't brought up in your organization.  She should not have been given the Cloudsdale job."

His master seemed to think that over.  "You are correct," he admitted, turning back to the window.  "And do not worry, she will not be going back.  I have learned all I need to know."

Ravage blinked.  "It was a test," he realized.  "Of her commitment."

"Of course it was," Ennex replied.  "And her reaction upon returning was the result.  And after all these years of grooming her to serve as my right hoof."  He sighed.  "Prepare yourself, for the time may come when she will have to be.... removed."

"I understand..."

-----------------------------------------------

Sakuya was leading her male companions down the street, when a Pegasus pony flew up to her, and whispered into her ear.  Instantly, her face became alarmed.  "Thanks," she said to the flyer, who took off.  "Malachi, I have to go.  Caliber, come on!  We have to get to my apartment!"  Leaving the half-demon behind, she took off down the street at a full gallop...

Dusk, as subtly as possible, took a small watch from his saddlebag and looked at the time.

"Oh, I'm sorry to cut our conversation short," he spoke up to the other stallion, "But I'm afraid I'm running late. A little get-together with some associates of mine, you understand."

He finished his coffee and got to his hooves, making sure everything was in place before walking to the exit.

"It was good chatting with you," he smirked, then added in a hushed voice, "for both our sakes, I suggest keeping our conversation between ourselves. Have a good day."

He exited the café, and breathed a small sigh of relief. He looked back to the café as he began walking down the street.

He knows too much. I'll have to deal with him at some point.

@@Unicorncob

His hoofs clicked against the metal grate as he walked, the gentle flow of the sewer water just below.  Using the Manehatten sewer system wasn't the most glamorous way to move quietly around the city.  But for Ravage, it suited his purposes.  Even if it smelled bad.

So, now my master finally sees, he thought, he no longer trusts the zebra-witch.  That will make getting rid of her so much easier...  He continued along, turning into another junction, and headed in the direction of the warehouse district.  Perhaps I can still make use of that masked intruder somehow.  This will require careful planning, on my part.  Ravage new the dangerous game he was playing.  If he overstepped his bounds, Ennex would not hesitate to punish even him, and that was an experience he truly wished to avoid.  I must plan my next move with care, or it could become my last...  He continued towards the warehouse where he had met with Dusk, thinking very carefully....

----------------

@,

Turning a corner, with Caliber in tow, Sakuya suddenly came to a stop.  "No..." she muttered, eyes coming to rest on the group of firefighting ponies gathered in front of her apartment building.  It was but a moment before her eyes came to rest on the windows of her home, watching the smoke billowing out, and the fire was subdued.   "NO!" she shouted, leaving her companion behind, running towards the building.  A guard pony blocked her way.

"Please stay back!" he ordered, "It is not safe!"

"But I live here!" she cried, pointing to the cloud of smoke.  "That's coming from my apartment!"

"I'm sorry, miss," he said, "but until the fire marshal declares it safe to enter, you have to stay out here."

Defeated, she dropped to the ground, staring up at the smoke above.  How could this have happened?  Who could have done- Her face suddenly went rigid, as her thoughts froze.  Ravage!  It HAD to be him!  He's always wanted me gone, and must have sent somepony to torch my place!  "Caliber!" she called out, "Dinner will have to wait.  We've got something to do..."

With this information in mind, Dusk decided perhaps it would be best if Ravage knew about this stallion. The best course of action would be to travel to the warehouse and hope he arrived.

Along the way, he spotted a commotion in the street, and his ears perked up to the sound of sirens. A sound he was familiar to, in his night job.

He trotted over, out of curiosity, to see what was going on. Of course, he kept a safe distance.

A warehouse building was up in flames, with a mare trying desperately to get in.

The mare he'd been collecting information on. Sakuya. This was the apartment he'd scoped out earlier.

Truly a shame that this happened, but he was certain he was not the cause of it.

He narrowed his eyes as her bodyguard, and his pursuer, was in tow. Truly a tenacious, and rather annoying pony. He'd steer clear of him as much as possible.

In any case, he had a job to do, so he continued on to the warehouse district.

Once there, he changed into his 'work attire' behind a shipping crate, and sprinted toward the warehouse, leaping up a pile of crates to enter through the window.

Always had a thing for a flashy entrance.

Now he had to wait for Ravage to show up. If he wasn't already there.

@,

As they walked down the street, Sakuya turned to Caliber.  "Alright," she began, "somepony tried to burn down my apartment.  And before you say it, no, I DON'T think it was an accident. But the real question, is who?"  She looked up into the sky.  "This entire day has been a nightmare.  I... I don't know what to do now."  She turned back to him.  "Caliber, I need your help.  What do you think we should do?"

---------------------------------

@@Unicorncob,

Not really bothering with stealth, Ravage entered the warehouse, and marched to the center.  The situation has changed, he thought, pacing around.  My master is planning something.  That master plan of his, what is the goal?  He had to test the witch's loyalty before moving on.  What will my part in this be?  He continued to pace, deep in thought, ignoring the ghostly quiet pony sitting on the crates above....

Not really bothering with stealth, Ravage entered the warehouse, and marched to the center.  The situation has changed, he thought, pacing around.  My master is planning something.  That master plan of his, what is the goal?  He had to test the witch's loyalty before moving on.  What will my part in this be?  He continued to pace, deep in thought, ignoring the ghostly quiet pony sitting on the crates above....

"Wow, the direct approach for once?" Ghost spoke up, hopping down declining stacks of crates till he lander before Ravage, "What'd you do with my contact?" He joked.

He noted his uncharacteristic pacing around and quite frankly distraught expression.

"Somepony's rather on edge, things not going well at the office?"

@@nx9100

caliber's face was grim. and it seemed like he took this personally. he was supposed to protect her, and he let her house be burned down. and he was pretty sure bodyguards dont let that happen.

"im no detective. but ill give it a try." he said, "im gonna need to know everyone you've met, recently, that might have a reason for doing this."

he walked towards the house, and the guard said the same thing. caliber showed him a piece of paper, and the guard apparently shut up. caliber looked back at sayuka. "c'mon, we gotta look for clues." he said. 

his eyes got slightly darker as he added "and rest assured, whoever did this is gonna pay with their life."