Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Idea for an MLP spinoff show: Equestria Chronicles

Plonkett

This would be a series of hour long (and commercial free) episodes that would take place in different parts of Equestria's history. One episode could be about an ancient seas pony kingdom. Another episode could be about Sombra's reign on the Crystal Empire. What would you like one episode to be about?

• Brohoof 3

I've been intrigued by whatever exists with a Dragon society ever since Dragonshy and Dragon Quest. An hour setting up some background to them would be fascinating :D

• Brohoof 1

A show not restricted to the Mane Six would be fantastic, and would allow for far more creative freedom. The possibilities are nearly endless; even the Changelings are fair game.

I'd personally like to see something about a young (early twenty-something) version of Star-Swirl the Bearded before he gets his title. I have no idea what that would entail, but I'm sure the writers could run with it and pull some references from Gandalf/Dumbledore/etc.

I think that- Wait, SEAPONIES? I feel a song coming on..

But seriously, I would love a show like this. We don't really learn much about stuff like this in FiM, so it would be awesome to have a show about Equestria's history. World building is great!

I've been intrigued by whatever exists with a Dragon society ever since Dragonshy and Dragon Quest. An hour setting up some background to them would be fascinating :D

Daring Do's new books touch a lot on dragon society

• Brohoof 1

As much as I'd love a spinoff series like this, I don't want too many of them, and we are already getting Equestria Academy. From what I've read of the comics, they're pretty great at world building, so there's that. If there was one spinoff show I'd like to see, it'd be something set outside of Equestria. What are the other regions of the pony world like? Either that, or maybe a series starring Princess Celestia as she travels around, going about her duties. Heck, if she travels to far off lands as a foreign delegate, maybe both ideas would work as one. Either that, or a day in the life series starring Derpy or Trixie.

As much as I'd love a spinoff series like this, I don't want too many of them, and we are already getting Equestria Academy. From what I've read of the comics, they're pretty great at world building, so there's that. If there was one spinoff show I'd like to see, it'd be something set outside of Equestria. What are the other regions of the pony world like? Either that, or maybe a series starring Princess Celestia as she travels around, going about her duties. Heck, if she travels to far off lands as a foreign delegate, maybe both ideas would work as one. Either that, or a day in the life series starring Derpy or Trixie.

Yes, other places outside of Equestria in the MLP world would be nice to have focus on.

As for Equestria Academy, I want a REAL side series, actually set in Equestria. It's like EQG was purposefully made just to spite bronies.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, other places outside of Equestria in the MLP world would be nice to have focus on.

As for Equestria Academy, I want a REAL side series, actually set in Equestria. It's like EQG was purposefully made just to spite bronies.

Agreed, but the completionist in me will be tuning in for every single episode of that. Still, I do wish they hadn't gone that route with the obligatory spinoff series. A power ponies series would have been much better IMHO. At least they didn't pull a Cleveland Show though, and send one of the Mane Six on a bus to have their own completely separate side series, never to be seen again in the main show. The Rainbowdash Show would probably get old before too long, as would The Rarity Show. The point is, I can think of worse ideas than an EQG spinoff show. At least we'll finally be getting an in-universe movie. An in-universe spinoff series wouldn't be a bad item to add to the Brony wish list though. That thing is getting to be as long as a scroll.

Agreed, but the completionist in me will be tuning in for every single episode of that. Still, I do wish they hadn't gone that route with the obligatory spinoff series. A power ponies series would have been much better IMHO. At least they didn't pull a Cleveland Show though, and send one of the Mane Six on a bus to have their own completely separate side series, never to be seen again in the main show. The Rainbowdash Show would probably get old before too long, as would The Rarity Show. The point is, I can think of worse ideas than an EQG spinoff show. At least we'll finally be getting an in-universe movie. An in-universe spinoff series wouldn't be a bad item to add to the Brony wish list though. That thing is getting to be as long as a scroll.

Well it seems that it's not getting made, as there happened to be some translation error somewhere. Oh well, not like we need such a thing anyway.

Also, I'd like to see an episode about Appleoosa, being a spaghetti western type of story.

Daring Do's new books touch a lot on dragon society

Wait, what? I need to check those out now. They were on my list, but now they have been significantly pushed up it. 

'

Wait, what? I need to check those out now. They were on my list, but now they have been significantly pushed up it. 

'

from what I've heard, anyway. Daring is friends with a dragon, and there's some info on dragon islands and ranks amongst the dragon clans.

• Brohoof 1

from what I've heard, anyway. Daring is friends with a dragon, and there's some info on dragon islands and ranks amongst the dragon clans.

No way! I have been interested in those. Once I catch up on the comics, and finish G3 and 3.5(at which point I will be able to claim to have seen every TV and movie adaptation of MLP, for better or worse), I might branch out into the books. I've been kind of holding out for the mane six novels to be bundled together in volumes or box sets, even though that might never happen. I'm going to skip the novelizations of Equestria Girls.

Well it seems that it's not getting made, as there happened to be some translation error somewhere. Oh well, not like we need such a thing anyway.

Also, I'd like to see an episode about Appleoosa, being a spaghetti western type of story.

The movie or Equestria Academy? Please be the latter. The info on the movie did sound fairly stilted though, so a mistranslation wouldn't be unbelievable.
  • Brohoof 1

The movie or Equestria Academy? Please be the latter. The info on the movie did sound fairly stilted though, so a mistranslation wouldn't be unbelievable.

Equestria Academy, thankfully. It's bad enough they already made two movies for EQG, there's no need for them to waste even more of their resources on a seperate show for it.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

As to "Commercial Free".  Yeah, right.  They are in business to make money & here in the USA.... Well, from a song in West Side Story "Everything's free in America!" (2nd voice) "For a small fee in America"

Also, an hour animation? That's close to being a full length animated movie.  Again, for commercial reasons, 1/2 hour is a lot more likely

That being said, I'd certainly watch an episode or 2 & if it was well done, well, call me fanboy.

There could be a whole series on the life of Starswirl alone.  Sort of like the Voyages of Sinbad, he could explore the world. There is the whole question of Zecora's homeland or Gilda the Griffon.  Celestia & Luna before they were Princesses & just how well did they know Starswirl?  I've seen hints he & C were an item, but they quarreled (C thought his exploring other dimensions was too risky), he couldn't forgive & it cost him his alicorn promotion (The number of sad C & W songs they could make from that alone...)(Yeah, his ex girlfriend thought he didn't completely understand friendship.  Now, there's a shocker)  SS fought the sirens & exiled them to Earth, was friends with a young Discord, wrote over 200 spells (according to Twilight).  This includes the time travel spell T used in It's About Time & the exile spell used on the Sirens. Not to mention his relationship with his star student What's Her Name

Like I said, easily an entire series all by himself (& the question of What relation, if any, does he have to any of the mane 6?)