Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open A match made in Chaos [Romance, Mystery, Random. IC]

The Shadow Stallion

OOC Thread: http://mlpforums.com/topic/114160-a-match-made-in-chaos-romance-mystery-random-ooc/#entry3237074

Another year and hearts and hooves day is just in one week. You feel sad that everypony else has somepony and you do not, that is before you get the invitation.

Through a slip in the mail, or carried by some magical wind (Wherever you may live this note will find thee) a small invitation flies into your room and right onto your lap. It is an invitation to the Lonelyheart Hotel. It seems practically like paradise with a giant pool, fully staffed restaraunt and spa, and even great rooms, it also is beach fron property with a nice view of the ocean. Of course there are many other miscellaneous rooms to explore with various activities. You get this all for just one week, and for free to boot. It seems rather fishy, but you are rather lonely and the potential prospect of meeting other ponies who feel just as lonely as you is rather enticing. At least when hearts and hooves day arrived, you wouldn't be totally alone.

So you pack your bags and off to the Lonelyheart Hotel you go. There are several questions though; Who owns this hotel, why were you chosen, how did they know you were lonely, and will you find love this year?

Let the answers be revealed...

Shadowknight arrived at the Lonelyheart Hotel. All he carried on his back was a small saddlebag filled with essentials. He also wore his leafy cloak which covered him from horn to hoof. He was very nervous about this whole hotel thing. He wasn't used to socializing, but he did want a special somepony. He saw how happy Pony couples were and he wanted to feel like that, instead of feeling like a bat out in daytime. He quickly entered the hotel and gazed around at the lounge, it was beautiful. He stood there, openmouthed at it, but of course nopony could see his expression under his leafy cloak.

Edited by The Shadow Stallion

*The trees in the forest begin to rustle and shake when a snow-white mare. Wolfy, appears from the foliage*

Wolf's eyes dart from side to side as if she is looking for something. She sighs and her expression soon turns into a depressing one.

She looks up to the sky, which is partially blocked by the leaves high up in the tress with sunshine glimmering through.

She walks for awhile longer and comes across a rather karge building. With a little inspection, she realizes it is a hotel.

Snow begins to fall as it lightly falls around Wolf.

"...I guess I better book a room" she says.

Edited by Royal Blue Jay

Shadowknight felt a bit uncomfortable in the hotel. After all he had been raised in the everfree for most of his life. He walked up to the front desk and signed in. In a few moments he was up in his room. It was large and included all the comforts a pony could need and want. However to Shadowknight it seemed a bit...much. He decided to go outside for a walk.

He left the hotel and marched toward the nearby forest. 'It's all too perfect' Shadowknight thought to himself as he strolled underneath the boughs of a tree and deeper into the forest, completely avoiding the path that had been laid out.

Mezra rarely received mail.  So when she got the strange letter she was pretty surprised and a little excited. For the past months she was doing nothing but tests and experiments, but one days she started to crave interaction with living breathing ponies instead of the undead ones she keeps around to help her out. She was also stating to feel lonely in more ways then one. And she didn't know why. 

So she thought this might be a good way to meet new ponies and maybe grow close with some of them. After backing up another cloak like she one she was already wearing, a few soul stones cause you never know when you might need them, some bits, a  dress that a friend made fore her and of course her spell book witch she wears around her all the time. Oh, but she couldn't forget her pet undead rat, Lucy. After she had everything she casted a spell that would teleport near where she needed to go. 

After stepping though the portal she found herself in a forest that was almost like where she lived. But less eerie. She then made her way towards where she thought was the right way. 

Storm Strafe had been spending the day at her cousin Silver Belle's Canterlot home watching Doctor Whooves with her when they each received a letter inviting them to the LonelyHeart Hotel. Storm crumpled the invitation up and tossed it the trash as Silver got up and pack her saddlebag with a few essentials. "Seriously... You're gonna waste your time going there? You'll just end up feeling more lonely when everypony else finds a special somepony and you dont", Storm said as Silver teleported to the hotel and winding up in a forest. Storm eventually groaned and picked up the the invitation and flew to the hotel, landing on the roof.

Just the other day, after spending majority of the day locked up in his house, Leon received a letter through his window. It surprised him since this has never happen before, especially since his house is located high in altitude where there's a decrease in oxygen levels. Not to mention, his mailbox is located on the ground. At first the young stallion thought the mail had escape the mail courier and had the wind carry it all the way to his home, but after giving it a second look he noticed something. "You are invited, wait... why is my name on here?" he thought to himself wondering if this was some sort of prank. The only question is, who would come all the way up here to visit him? The pegasus rarely gets any visitors, hay, most of them tend to avoid him due to his seemingly anti-social personality. After returning to his couch, and debating with himself whether to open the invitation, Leon finally decided to take a 'quick' look at its contents. After viewing the invitation thoroughly the pegasus was at a loss for words. He was basically invited to stay in a rather well-built and seemingly extravagant hotel for a week. Did he also mention it was free? However, the name of the hotel through him off. "Lonelyheart... I am most certainly NOT lonely." he gave an cold piercing stare at the invitation.

Despite that thought the young stallion is currently heading towards the direction of the said hotel. The only thing he brought was the essentials, which is mainly books to read and a pair of reading glasses. "Remind me why I'm going again...?" he sighed and can't believe he's actually doing this. He would never admit it, but maybe he does feel a tad lonely from time to time. Also, why is it that seeing ponies get together sharing laughs and having a great time gets on his nerves, especially if he's witnessing a couple being all mushy with one another? He knew the reason, but he just refuses to accept the fact that maybe he actually want friends or maybe even a special somepony. What did he do for Hearts and Hooves Day? Stay in his room and read. The previous holiday? Stay in his living room and read. What about the year before that? Stay in-  "Okay, okay, I get it!" the more he recalled how he spent most of time, the more he felt irritated with himself. Every step he took a tugging in his heart gradually grew. "Don't tell me I'm actually anxious.. Am I looking forward to this? Okay, Leon, just calm down. Just think positive. It's a one week vacation, has a pool, spa facility, great view of the ocean, a beach, which remind me that it's been a while since I've been to one, and the best part is it's free!" Leon immersed himself in his own thought, not paying attention to anything else, as he travelled down the road and into the forest. Eventually the pegasus found himself staring at the hotel before him and unintentionally gulped. Literally shaking off his anxiety the stallion paced himself and went inside to the lounge. "Right, so... now what? Show the invitation to somepony?" Leon searched around the lounge, but eventually found himself examining every detail of the vicinity.

Renegade slowly trotted through the woods on his way to the Lonelyheart Hotel. As soon as he had gotten the invitation, he had immediately packed his bags and set off for his journey. "I wonder if I'll meet a pretty mare..." he wondered out loud, the leaves crunching beneath his hooves.

Wolf trotted up to the pony who worked at the front desk and shook the wet slush off of her coat.

"Um... Ma'm. This is a 5 star hotel and we would appreciate it if you could... keep it clean".

"Sorry." Wolf replied with a smile.

"Can I get a room?" She asks with a laugh.

The lobby pony uses his mahic to look onto his computer and levitates a key card towards Wolf.

"Your room is on the 5th floor, room 277".

Wolf was so cold that she didn't even say thank you. She just hirried to find her room in a rush to get warm.

Shadowknight walked through the forest for a little while longer before seeing somepony else. He made sure that his cloak was in place to cover himself up. The only reason he had noticed the other pony was because they had been speaking out loud. Shadowknight had only seen a flash of red through the trees. He walked toward the flash of red and called out. "Excuse me. Are you here for that Lonelyheart Hotel thing too?" Shadowknight caught up and noticed it was a male Unicorn with a red hide. It was Renegade, while Shadowknight had hoped to meet a mare, he was just glad to meet somepony else that was going to this Lonelyheart Hotel thing. Shadowknight did realize how creepy it must seem that a random pony wearing a full body covering cloak walking out of forest and asking about a Lonelyheart Hotel must be. However, he couldn't bring himself to lower his hood, so he kept it up as he walked up to the other Stallion.

"Why, yes I am." replied Renegade with a hearty grin. "Do you know where I can find it?" he asked the other stallion. Renegade stared at the stallion for a minute, trying to get a good look at him. "Um, sir, why is your hood like that?" he asked, trying not to sound rude.

After what it seems to be like an eternity, Leon finally snapped back to reality and headed towards a pony behind the counter. The stallion said nothing but pulled out the invitation that magically flew into his house and handed it over to the clerk. With a small exchange of greetings with each other, well mainly just the clerk speaking since Leon only gave a slight nod, the pegasus turned his back towards the pony and made himself towards the elevator. He was lucky enough to obtain a room at the very upper level of the hotel. After all, Leon does like a place with a good view. Many it was because he's a pegasus, but he digress. Upon arriving into to his room, and finding nothing to do the moment, the stallion hoped onto a comfy sofa chair and pulled out a book in his, one of two, travel bags to immerse himself as he waits for the time.

After getting sidetracked few times, Mezra finally made it to the hotel. When she went to the front desk she had to stand on her hind legs just to sign in and get her room key. When she was done she headed for her room on the fifth floor. She made sure to hid her pet rat because she wasn't sure they allowed pets let alone undead pets. 

Shadowknight looked a bit down and then said. "I er... get nervous when meeting other ponies. This cloak makes me feel safe." It was only partially a lie. He did get nervous when meeting other ponies and it did help him feel safe, but the main reason was because direct sunlight severely weakened him. "Anyhow, the hotel is just up ahead. I'm wondering if anypony else made it there yet." Shadowknight continued as he lead the way. "Also I wonder who summoned all of us and how they knew well......" Shadowknight trailed off. It needn't be said that only those that had been lonely received this invitation.

Renegade nodded, wondering the same thing. "Yeah...how could somepony have known we were all lonely? Makes you wonder." Renegade continued to follow his new friend to the hotel. "You know, it's funny: it's the week before Hearts and Hooves Day, and all of a sudden we get an invitation to some hotel." After arriving at the hotel, Renegade ordered a room, which, by coincidence, was next to Wolf's.

Wolf was freezing cold from the brutal temperatures outside. Finally, under a blanket on a bed, she stopped shivering and decided to turn on the cheap TV which probably only had 20 channels.

Wolf was tired and felt herself coming down with a cold. She was achey and had a sore throat.

She then thought to herslef: "Maybe there is a hot tub here". So, she slowly got out of the, less than pleasant smelling, hotel bed to ask the inhabitants of the next room if and where there was a hot tub.

She walked out the door and shut it with a click! She made sure that she had her key card.

She then walked across the old carlet with red and blue patterns on the hotel floor and knocked on the neighboring door.

Edited by Royal Blue Jay

Renegade opened his door...and was greeted by the sight of a VERY beautiful mare. "Ummm...yes?" he asked. "Can I help you?" Looking at the mare, his mind began racing with excitement. OMYCELESTIA! THERE'S A MARE IN FRONT OF ME! I wonder what she wants..., he thought. Probably an extra key or something.

Wolf looked up with her soft, icey blue eyes snd asked quietly: "Hello, i'm sorry to bother you, but would you happen to know if there is a hot tub in this place? I need to relax somewhere that isn't my room".

She looked tired and in apparent need of some kind of relaxation to ease her.

• Brohoof 1

Renegade looked at Wolf and smiled. "I don't know if there's a hot tub, but I can get you the next best thing. Come inside and make yourself at home." He lead her inside and into his bathroom. The bathtub was quite large, big enough for two. Renegade turned on the water and made it nice, warm, and relaxing.

"Oh, uh... Well... I...". She said nervously and confused. 

"I was just checking to see if there was a hot tub somewhere. I wasn't coming to look to take a bath with a stranger". She laughed to herself. 

Wolf was undeniably uncomfortable at this point and felt as if she should exit the room immediatley.

But, Renegade insisted that she stay...?

"Are you going to slip me a sleeping pill and steal my kidney?" She asked with a smile on her face as she stared at the bathtub.

Renegade was confused by what Wolf had just said. "You do realize that's just a made-up story, right? No sane pony would ACTUALLY steal a kidney. I should know. I am sane, after all." Renegade motioned for Wolf to get into the bathtub. "It's just the right temperature. Go on, there's nothing to be afraid of."

(I hope you guys know we were supposed to be taking turns here. Me1 post , then everyone else makes 1 post, back to me 1 post, everyone else 1 post, and so on o.- Ah well -shrugs-)

Shadowknight was in the lounge area, sitting awkwardly by himself, holding a mug of hot apple cider. He had departed Renegade's company not too long ago, but so far Renegade was the only other pony he had seen. It would be really awkward if there were only two stallions at this hotel, he hoped some mares would show up soon. However, that also made him a bit nervous, he was very awkward when it came to talking to mares. "Maybe it was a bad idea to come here....Well if anything at least I get to experience how rich ponies live." Shadowknight said as he hunched over his drink. It appeared there was no one else in the lounge area so he decided to lower his hood. He shook his black mane free and blinked a few times to help his eyes adjust a bit.

Wolf walked into the hotel lobby and sat next to Shadow. "Is it okay if I sit here?" she asked with a smile as she looked at him with her icey light blue eyes.

Wolf just stared at the fireplace with a blank look on her face. It was clear that she was bored and didn't have anything to do. Wolf glanced at Shadow as he was drinking his cider. She kept staring at him as if she had seen him before.

(Wait a minute...wasn't Wolf with Renegade? I thought they were gonna take a bath together...)

Renegade had noticed Wolf had left, so he glumly trotted into the lounge...and had noticed Wolf talking to another stallion. The unicorn started feeling something...a new kind of emotion. He hated that stallion and wanted to get rid of him. But why? He hadn't done anything wrong. 

Shadowknight had been intently focused on drinking his cider that he didn't see Wolfy come up and take a seat beside him. He nearly choked on his cider and quickly pulled his hood up. "Er um ah...yes it is okay..." Shadowknight said becoming rather nervous and shy. He never did well when it came to mares and the way that she had suddenly looked at him. He knew it was too late to conceal himself but his cloak made him feel a bit safer when socializing with others. He thought it was better to conceal his face so nopony could read his expression and see how awkward he was. He didn't even need to mention the whole dark alicorn thing which generally made other ponies wary or even fearful of him.

Wolf stared at Shadow, wondering why he was so quick to cover himself with his cloak.

"This guy better not be a robber or something". She thought to herself as she scooted her chair further away from him.

Her attention was pulled in the direction of Renegade, now. Wolf saw him standing there with a rather... disturbed expression.

"Oh, hi! It's you again. It's been so long!" She said sarcastically with a smile. After Renegade stood there in silence for about 5 seconds, he finally took a seat, staring at Shadow as if he had done something wrong.

Edited by Royal Blue Jay