Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming AC: Unity Discussion

emerpirp an sedi caa

Hey ponies! This game sucks. Awfull optimisation, runs 20fps on PS4, 24fps on XboX (wich is a bit suspect). PC optimisation ever more awfull. Buggier than ever. Mediocre gameplay worsened by bad framerate. Mediocre story. It has unneded microtransactions. It dropped Ubisofts stocks by 9%. Its awfull. Jump on everypony!

Edited by NightFlash
  • Brohoof 2

The game's been doing a number on Ubisoft(in a year that hasn't been kind to them), even my brother who's a AssCreed Buff is agreeing with the reviews(surprisingly, the reviews have also been saying that Rogue has been great, or at least better than Unity)

Edited by The Sexy Pharaoh
  • Brohoof 3

As long as they release patches that help fix the game, I won't complain too much. Honestly, while plenty of indeed lombasted the game and Ubisoft, it seems that there are plenty of other who aren't as heavy on it and find that there is an enjoyable game there.

I'm lost here, what are you guys talking about?  :confused:

The game has been a glitchy, unfinished mess so far, full of microtransactions and app-exclusive bull, and a lot of people are feeling cheated

• Brohoof 2

As long as they release patches that help fix the game, I won't complain too much. Honestly, while plenty of indeed lombasted the game and Ubisoft, it seems that there are plenty of other who aren't as heavy on it and find that there is an enjoyable game there.

Thats like saying: "Well, this car they sold me doesent want to go, but if they fix it its ok.". People like you are the reason this kind of think happenes. 

Edited by NightFlash

The issue with it is that Ubisoft willingly released an unfinished game that has poor optimizations on even consoles, let alone on the PC, and loads of DLC content that is forcing you to purchase, and finally app exclusive stuff that is forcing consumers to use or buy tablets just to force you to enjoy the full experience that should've been given right out of the gate . This is a practice I and many others want stopped as it only encourages game companies to be lazy with their games and then after they get complaints about it they can fall back on the whole 'we'll patch it' excuse companies like Ubisoft have relied on all too willingly.

If Ubisoft had done this practice in the 90's, they would've went bankrupt very quickly.

Edited by Nuke87654
  • Brohoof 5

The issue with it is that Ubisoft willingly released an unfinished game that has poor optimizations on even consoles, let alone on the PC, and loads of DLC content that is forcing you to purchase, and finally app exclusive stuff that is forcing consumers to use or buy tablets just to force you to enjoy the full experience that should've been given right out of the gate . This is a practice I and many others want stopped as it only encourages game companies to be lazy with their games and then after they get complaints about it they can fall back on the whole 'we'll patch it' excuse companies like Ubisoft have relied on all too willingly.

If Ubisoft had done this practice in the 90's, they would've went bankrupt very quickly.

I've noticed how bad they've gotten over the years, but there are still games that are playable to an extent.

• Brohoof 1

I've noticed how bad they've gotten over the years, but there are still games that are playable to an extent.

That's why I hope they lose another 10% to their stock value or enough that the board at Ubisoft wakes up and realizes that nobody likes their current practice and they need to change to better themselves or be prepared to lose even more and perhaps go like THQ did.

@@Nuke87654, Well, Ubisofts stock fell 9%, so In a way, they are getting punished for this. Still, more punishment is needed. People, lets tank those sales. Dont belive some stupid prepackaged E3 trailer. Dont go with the hype. Never preorder. Thats the solution. 

Uhm, what's the problem of preordering something?

Thats like saying: "Well, this car they sold me doesent want to go, but if they fix it its ok.". People like you are the reason this kind of think happenes. 

I'm just someone who adjusts my expectations. Honestly, I never really bought into the hype for the game. Besides, comparing a car (in many cases a required purchase) to a game (non-essential item) doesn't make sense.

From my research no one is forced to purchase any DLC. Going by user reviews I have seen what you can get with micro-transactions can be earned through gameplay, nor do I see how people are forced to use or buy tablets to experience the full game. You have the choice, but from what I can tell it won't ruin the game if you choose to pass.

I'm not a fan of the practice myself, but it's not going to stop anytime soon; regardless of sells returns on any glitchy game. If they patch the game, I'll be happy. That's just me though.

You may be right; they very well could go bankrupt back in that time, but that's irrelevant. That was then, and this is now. Many things have changed, and I'll take a company who'll admit their mistake and fix what problems they can. Would I prefer them to not pull these moves in the first place? Of course, but as I alluded to, it is what it is at this point.

• Brohoof 1

@@ponytheorist, You dont know what you are getting. Some games with great hype, but awful gameplay sill got good sales, becouse of preorders. Case and point: AC Unity, Aliens: Collonial marines. We dont want them to think hype is more important than gameplay. 

Ah, like that. 

Still, it could also be that some people just like these games. One of my friends also preordered AC Unity, and he tells me he doesn't regret it. He still really likes the game, even with the bugs and all.

@@ponytheorist, Thats a coping mechanism m8. He just thinks he  likes it. Anyway, the topic is done justice by TB here: 

@@PathfinderCS No. I refuse to settle for less. We cannot afford to give more ground. Next its not going to even be expected of them to fix the gliches. You cant even fix optimisation thats that bad. Look at SR2 and GTA IV. They did fix performance a bit, but its still awfull. And if I'm gonna buy a AAA title on launch day, I expect it not to crash in 15min intervals. Maybe my standards are too high. Maybe they should just relese the game in incomplete lines of code, and let us complete them. 

Edited by NightFlash

@@ponytheorist, Thats a coping mechanism m8. He just thinks he  likes it. Anyway, the topic is done justice by TB here:

That's a bit unfair, though. Not everyone has had the same experience, and many haven't had that many complaints. I'm not saying problems don't exist, but not everyone is up in arms over the game.

@@PathfinderCS No. I refuse to settle for less. We cannot afford to give more ground. Next its not going to even be expected of them to fix the gliches. You cant even fix optimisation thats that bad. Look at SR2 and GTA IV. They did fix performance a bit, but its still awfull. And if I'm gonna buy a AAA title on launch day, I expect it not to crash in 15min intervals. Maybe my standards are too high. Maybe they should just relese the game in incomplete lines of code, and let us complete them. 

Well, if that is what you think, I have no problem with that. We'll just have to agree to disagree on that mark.

• Brohoof 1

I'm just someone who adjusts my expectations. Honestly, I never really bought into the hype for the game. Besides, comparing a car (in many cases a required purchase) to a game (non-essential item) doesn't make sense.

From my research no one is forced to purchase any DLC. Going by user reviews I have seen what you can get with micro-transactions can be earned through gameplay, nor do I see how people are forced to use or buy tablets to experience the full game. You have the choice, but from what I can tell it won't ruin the game if you choose to pass.

I'm not a fan of the practice myself, but it's not going to stop anytime soon; regardless of sells returns on any glitchy game. If they patch the game, I'll be happy. That's just me though.

You may be right; they very well could go bankrupt back in that time, but that's irrelevant. That was then, and this is now. Many things have changed, and I'll take a company who'll admit their mistake and fix what problems they can. Would I prefer them to not pull these moves in the first place? Of course, but as I alluded to, it is what it is at this point.

But neither are they allowing the full game experience because of those decisions. Why should those missions be upheld from the consumer when they've already made and completed. They're nothing more than to entice players to spend more money on content that was specifically held out for gamers to spend more money on the 60$ deal they had to make to play this game at launch? I mean they have to spend 100$ just to get the full game at launch.

Why you think it won't stop anytime soon. Companies follow what makes them the most money and if they find what they're doing is losing them money, they'll change anything to make up for lost profit or be kicked into irrelevance. You should not accept that a patched game will fix all of the problems nor excuse the fact they've willingly released an unfinished game that should've spend another couple of months testing and ironing out those bug problems. Many top developers like Nintendo are farmed for releasing bug free games and are appreciated by the masses for it so why does Ubisoft get a pass for it?

Ironically, they've lost 9%on their stock value because of it. I'd rather not accept a company that is willing to release an unfinished game and claim it as a finished product, hates a certain consumer group because they're critical about their actions, and is lying through their teeth about  their practices to cover their laziness and poor choices to maximize profits.

Edited by Nuke87654
  • Brohoof 2

After playing through the first two sequences last night and experiencing several moments of slowdown and one fall-through-the-ground-into-oblivion glitch, I can say that I enjoyed the previous games more than Unity.

Some directions Ubisoft took are not that bad, but the cons outweigh the pros. I'll keep playing it to further shape an opinion. Currently it's turning over to the negative side.

Sometimes when I play Unity, I feel like switching over to Shadow of Mordor. I shouldn't compare the two since I love Shadow of Mordor. :P

You think its ok to spend you hard-earned money on unfinished software(that is marketed as finished)?

No law against buying a poorly made product. Oddly enough, with all media, you do invariably have some with indulgences that others mark as sub-par. There are a handful of 'broken' games that I have enjoyed to some degree. That is to say nothing of the transition of gaming to a near SaaS model ... which once completed, gaming will never be a finished product. Thank heaven for patches, right? :D

• Brohoof 2

@ What platform are you using man? 

@@Jeric I never preorder a game out of principle. I always need to see the rewiews before purchase. If a game is overly buggy, but "that will be fixed", I wont buy it ever. I want our children to be able to have a finished product day one. Not an unoptimised buggy mess. We cant continue supporting these kinds of buisness practices.

Edited by NightFlash
  • Brohoof 1

I want our children to be able to have a finished product day one

However, gaming in general will find itself firmly in the SaaS model ... so no game will ever be finished. You should probably start thinking of them like mobile applications, always somewhat buggy and with constant updates with new features and bug fixes. Our children (or rather my grandchildren since my children will be adults in four short years) ... will never likely play a finished game. Unless it is an old one. 

• Brohoof 1

Either their business practices will annoy people enough that it cuts into their profits or it doesn't.

Gamers seem to get really dramatic about stuff. We don't need to take some bold stand against the gaming companies. If you aren't happy with the game then sell it or return it. If you've found that you've been burned by preorders in the past, then just don't preorder games. Preordering by it's very nature is going to be a crapshoot. You're paying full price for the game sight unseen for the privelege of being able to get the game the very second it's released and I guess get an extra costume and a gun or whatever. If you don't think the risk is worth it, then just wait.

Just let the invisible hand of the market do it's thing and in the meantime just play some games, damnit.

• Brohoof 2