Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Thoughts on a MLP Carousel/Merry-Go-Round

CC_Maud_Pie

How do you feel about the idea of a MLP carousel? Would you ride it? What should it look like and what features should be in it? What should the background music sound like?

I think it will be interesting to have a MLP carousel somewhere while at the same time kinda weird. To me, I would make the carousel single decker and suitable for all ages and sizes instead of those mini ones that are for kids. For the Mane 6, I would have Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy be the ones going up and down since they can fly and Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Applejack be the ones not moving and standing in place. Other characters I would have on it include Princess Luna, Cadence, Shining Armor, and Big Macintosh. I would make Princess Celestia the "for your safety" announcer. I can't think of a good background music to put on it.

What do you think?

• Brohoof 2

Why doesn't this exist yet? Seriously?

post-30550-0-57135200-1416871261_thumb.png

I agree with most of the features you suggested. I would add that perhaps the CMC's could be added for smaller children. i'm not sure how big this carousel would be but there are lots of characters to choose from so it could definitley work in that regard. Also decorating the sides with images of the show, including a medieval like one on the top resembling a tapestry could work. As for music I don't see why clips from the show's soundtrack couldn't be used intermittently.

• Brohoof 1

Let's put it this way: Would you go on a merry-go-round normally? Why would you if it was suddenly MLP unless you had a kid who wanted to ride it?

I wouldn't have any interest in a merry-go-round if it was Duke Nukem either.

That actually sounds rather appropriate :)

I just hope the Bronies don't hog it and that people don't get too freaked out at seeing grown men on a merry-go-round...

Both will happen, I'll make sure of that :)

Let's put it this way: Would you go on a merry-go-round normally? Why would you if it was suddenly MLP unless you had a kid who wanted to ride it

For the lolz obviously ;)

Think of how many likes I'll get on FB if I post a pic of me on that! Forget FB, think of how many brohoofs I'll get on here! :o

Edited by LZRD WZRD

That actually sounds rather appropriate :)I just hope the Bronies don't hog it and that people don't get too freaked out at seeing grown men on a merry-go-round...

Hopefully they're not too freaked out. I've seen lots of adults and teens ride Dumbo in Disneyland and even outnumbering the little kids. Also, in Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, many teens and adults ride the carousel (which is the best one I've ridden so far). Carousels are awesome and the music even makes it more funner.

As to Why Doesn't This Already Exist?  Hasbro owns the copyright.  The thing about this is that if you want to KEEP your copyright, you have to defend your turf.  Just off hand, the folks that invented aspirin, cellophane & zippers lost the rights to the name by not enforcing it strictly enough.  I'm sure others did, too.

This is why, every pony post on You Tube, you see a disclaimer "I don't own the rights"  Because, if they didn't, Hasbro would pull their plug.  They are not being Big Old Meany Heads, they have to if they want to keep their name.  Twilight was renamed Twilight Sparkle because the Twilight book series people got nasty about it.  Auto Shack got renamed Auto Zone because Radio Shack got nasty.  I could go on but you get the point

In short, there is no MLP Merry Go Round because nobody is willing to pay Hasbro's fee.

• Brohoof 1

I think it would be better if you sat NEXT to various ponies riding fanciful carriages and the like. Of course Lyra would have her bench!

I like that idea. One of those benches with Lyra sitting on it. XD

I love the idea of a MLP carousel. That'd be pretty cool. Totally would ride it. ^w^

• Brohoof 1