Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Most Attractive Pony Tournament 2015! - Rarity is our Magic Bowl champion!

Akemi Homura

It's not the same.  Rarity still looks more interested in looking good than being a badass in that pic.

And since when does one exclude the other :P? I'd even say that you ought to look good to look badass. And Rarity has this one nailed down!

rarity_by_kirikd-d42950e.png

Ahrity:

midnight_rarity_by_cyanaeolin-d6yi0j0.pn

And a bonus:

30044+-+Artist+Moe+Dragon+rarity+wahaha.

That being said, they both have alter egos which are quite badass themselves...

You guys made Khajiit post stuff here... Khajiit is now ashamed of himself. Also, I still do not believe she'll win.

• Brohoof 9

Rarity is concerned about looking good... and this IS the most attractive pony tournament, after all :D

I do think Luna is beautiful, but Rarity is  beautiful AND cute :)

Attractiveness is obviously subjective, but I also think that it involves more than just looks.  Personality counts too.

And since when does one exclude the other :P? I'd even say that you ought to look good to look badass. And Rarity has this one nailed down!

I think badassary is kind of a look onto itself. One doesn't exclude the other, but I also think that neither is necessary for the other.  Luna just doesn't make a big deal out of it like Rarity does.  For some people, that's why they like Rarity in the first place.  I'm a fan of things like the night and dreamwalking.

Embrace the darkness!

princess_luna_darkness_by_grumbeerkopp-d

Albeit a response late response, it was only now that I saw this.

Ladies and gentlemen, I can't believe that I am posting this but seeing as that there is time before the final vote begins, this is likely going to be by best opportunity. Rarity has yet to win one of these contests, and some of her fans want one moment to call their own. 

This is her time and place to win this - to give the Rarifans the incentive to get out the vote

If Rarity wins this tournament I will stand here for 30 minutes at rush hour

img-3444065-1-XfPlRjd.png

And I will hold a sign while that says 

img-3444065-2-gtr63.jpg

While my family records it. 

Rarity means that much to us.  :rarity:

This is a poll about ponies.  This is a poll about voting for the pony whom you may so deem more physically attractive.  

Albeit that the description does not have a specific restriction against how one is to go about campaigning for his or her selected candidate --- it does specifically state for what reason one should be placing a vote.

[snip]

Welcome to the 2014-15 most attractive pony tournament! After a year-long hiatus, I've finally decided to bring this sucker back from the grave and give all you hopefuls a chance to root for the pony which you think is the prettiest.

We had a contest just like this in 2013! As one poster pointed out, it was the thread of all threads during its tenure, so I hope this year's event can at least match the success that one attained. We had all sorts of posters flocking in and out as the event grew in popularity so please do your best to cheer on for your candidates.

I will continue by saying that I'm no longer a brony, but this type of forum game is fun and should be enjoyed regardless of where you stand as a fan. Does your candidate have shiny hair? A great personality? Nice, big eyes? Whatever it may be, it's all the more reason to cast in your vote and let your voice be known. Debates like these will rage on until the end of time itself, so why not take a crack at it.

Now, we can start off by introducing the rules. As per usual, 32 contestants are split into two separate conferences which are divided by four divisions per conference. The pony with the most votes in their division wins their division. A division winner will be granted a top-four seed, with a possible of total six playoff spots per conference. The remaining two playoff spots (the wild cards) will be judged by the pony who has the highest remaining amount of votes in their respective conference. In the event of a tie, we will go into overtime sessions that will each last for roughly one day. This will ensure that this tournament does not reach a premature pause. This rule will also apply for playoff matchups.

Note that this is a tournament based on votes alone, so no points will be given out if the results for heavy support is not realized; i.e, you can post about your favourite as much as you want, but if she only has a meager five votes for example, she probably will not advance. This means that mathematically clinching a playoff spot will be impossible, so these matches will go down to the very wire. Gather your fanbase and spread the word. Remember, you are effectively doing battle against other fanbase!

Without further ado, let's introduce our contestants. Standings will be updated every three days at 3:30 PM EST, effective starting from the beginning date of this post.

[snip]

And those are your contestants. Pick who you think is the prettiest/cutest/sexiest/whatever using the polls above! One vote per person. Have fun and enjoy! Please post as much as you can on this thread so the tournament can garner the much-needed attention it should receive.

---

Now...

I am not saying that any rule was broken - because, there wasn't any rule broken.

I am also not complaining - and I am not saying this is cheating, either.  It's not.  It's campaigning.

However...

It takes focus away from the main point of the poll - that votes should be based on the pony whom one may so deem more physically attractive - and it may, thus, indirectly be the cause of votes placed for reasons besides that of the main point of the poll.  

---

Please do know, that I would not and do not have any problem with [Jeric or any other member] celebrating a victory via sign waving in public.  In fact, I believe it would be a great  sign of respect and a symbol of one's appreciation for how much of a close-nit community we have here on the forums.  :) 

Please do also know that I am not at all wishing to get in the way of this from occurring.  

This candid declaration [of a celebration following the possible outcome of victory] was and has already been posted, and again I therefore wish to clearly state that I am not asking for anything to be changed.

---

So then, for what reason should I even bring this up in the first place?

I am only trying to explain that the final results of this poll may not accurately display the public's (or rather, the members') true opinions specifically regarding only as to whom they believe is the most attractive pony.

As a poll that was meant to gather our votes in order to signify both the majority and minority consensuses to verify which ponies receive more of our attention in regards to their attractiveness... it may now not accurately verify the true opinions of how we as members divvy up our beliefs on who is the more attractive pony.

It is thereby in which I am only meaning to convey a message - to those of whom may have been concerned with regarding the results as a valid depiction of our opinions specifically for which pony we deem more attractive - that the results of this poll (between Rarity and Luna) could plausibly contain outliers that are incapable of being separated from the rest of the data set.

Moving on,

I felt that this video is relevant:

Hurry hurry!  Gather your friends and make sure they've voted!  If you've got a friend you know hasn't cast their vote yet, go flood their inboxes or profile feeds bugging them to vote!

;)

Respectfully, 
Miles

img-3169577-1-9e8a5c3b3c.jpg

• Brohoof 3

Though Luna is a badass and worthy opponent, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall defend our Queen Rarity, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the threads, we shall fight on the status updates, we shall fight in the forums and in the fan clubs, we shall fight in the blog posts; we shall never surrender.

post-2257-0-01696400-1422519852_thumb.png

Then they shall say of us: man, those guys really do love Rarity!

With your kind indulgence, I shall quote myself from my blog

Tough
Not only is Rarity both beautiful and intelligent, but she can kick serious flank when she wishes to. She may be a lady, but she can take care of herself. Notable scenes include her giving Applejack a roundhouse kick to the face and lugging around a huge boulder in Return of Harmony; coming just short of first place in a race alongside Sweetie Belle, and being athletic enough throughout that Sweetie Belle had no idea that it was not in fact Applejack running with her in Sisterhooves Social; facing down three teenage dragons in Dragon Quest (and delivering a fabulous line at the same time) and outright smacking Changelings in the face with a solid right hook during A Canterlot Wedding. Let’s face it, for somepony who is often called "prissy" she’s really quite a powerhouse.

Rarity is totes badass.

But since this is an attractiveness competition:

Beautiful, Cute and Charming
She is gorgeous. That mane deserves its own billing in the credits. Purple being one of my two favorite colours doesn’t hurt her case either (the other one is green, if you were wondering  :)). I’ve also always been partial to ladies with blue eyes, and Rarity’s peepers are just the right shade. The only pony (both in universe and out) who can compete in the beauty department is Fluttershy. The indications are that (apart from mane extensions  :blush:) Fluttershy is beautiful without making any effort to be (just look at how little mud her mud mask needs in Green isn’t your Colour) whereas Rarity works at being beautiful. She wears false eyelashes, frequently goes to the spa, and apparently brushes her mane a hundred times before she goes to bed and uses curlers. She brings out her own beauty. To me, the essence of Rarity is bringing out the hidden beauty in things. She strives to be better in her appearance and her behavior, and wants others to be better as well. She takes raw materials and produces beautiful dresses from them. She finds gems hidden in the ground, and if they weren’t already cut and polished naturally, no doubt she would cut and polish them as well. Out of all the ponies, her cutie mark is arguably the most appropriate to her character. She is also amazingly cute. Just look at her expressions.

blogentry-2257-0-35946200-1391158176_thu 
How can you say "no" to this face?
  • Brohoof 7

I still believe that this whole contest is terribly biased.

Is evident that I'M The Most Attractive Pony <3

vote for rarity :grin2: 

• Brohoof 7

If we're going the evil beauty route...

...Well lookey here, her evil counterpart from the AU-verse is here to lend a hoof. Well, this is still TECHNICALLY Princess Luna...

Comic_issue_18_Alternate_Luna.png

alternate_universe_luna_by_jankrys00-d7i

And of course, Nightmare Moon herself...

nightmare_moon_by_fantazyme-d5ba1d5.jpg

• Brohoof 4

Aaaaaand... Rarity still has the upper hoof; only one vote away from 100!

img-2616747-1-img-2554171-1-K3eaejT.png

But Luna will fight back!

night_dream_princess_by_fantazyme-d5pkph

...with her adorableness.

MLPFIMTheGalaxyOfPrincessLuna.png

Honestly, I don't care who wins by now! You people and your Luna pictures... I can't take it! XD

• Brohoof 10

I don't really post in here, but let me just say that pic is... disturbingly unsettling.

Friend, so you find that pic disturbing?

Well guess what?

This post right here is just as disturbing:

Rarity will destroy them!

img-3456459-1-rarity_by_kirikd-d42950e.p

So I think we're squared up.

Glad Rarity's picking up the lead lately, but I hope it's for the right reasons... in the meantime though, enjoy her adorable poutface. :rarity:img-3456436-1-rarity__s_pout_by_isaacmor

If you wanted adorable you should have voted for Fluttershy back when Rarity and her were going head to head.

post-25645-0-78286300-1422592886_thumb.jpg

Aw come on, you cannot say she isn't that cute!

Heck, even Luna can be adorable.

post-25645-0-45160300-1422593017_thumb.jpg

Alright, I've came to a conclusion.

I don't think Luna's going to win.

Just think about it people.

We're going up against one of the most popular characters on the forums, who happens to have the largest fan club.

Rarity has about 3x more fans on this site than Luna does.

So yes, this poll will be extremely bias.

Rarity could beat anypony in this poll on this site.

I am sure of it.

But is this because more people find her more attractive?

I doubt it.

I understand there are sincere folk here casting their vote for Rarity who legit find her attractive.

But I can't just help feeling like people cast their vote for her just because it's their favorite pony.

What has lead me to this conclusion is the type of posts I've seen by most of the people who are for Rarity and a few that were for Luna.

While I admire some of the excellent and well drawn out posts on why Rarity is attractive and the actual fan art posted once and a while that's a bit cute, I can't help but notice the folks who post "Yay! Go Rarity" and then post a bit of fan art that's not even remotely attractive.

And then this whole "Most Attractive Pony Tournament" turns into a "Who's your favorite pony?" thread.

But to be honest, this is how every single poll seems to end when there's two left.

• Brohoof 2