Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I Shouldn't Like These Films

Arctofire

Okay, so I feel that these films are bad, but yet I greatly enjoyed the second one. I'm not sure why as the franchise stained the purity of MLP, but I just really like the character of Sunset Shimmer and her relationship with Twilight. I don't understand though, because the first film was a giant middle finger to anyone who ever gave a damn about MLP. I really like the idea of taking the characters from MLP and applying them to real life situations and who they would really be if in real life. The problem is that it just surrounds high school and not the real world, the high school is very superficial and unrealistic, and Rainbow Dash has become MLP's first victim of flanderization

FIM Rainbow Dash (Season 2 - Season 4) A slightly cocky, reckless, but overall still lovable tomboy who inspires to be part of the Wonderbolts. She speaks words of wisdom to Scootaloo and the CMC and is very supportive and sisterly. She has self confidence and has a bit of an ego but will never let it go too far, and occasionally does blurt out stuff which may offend people, but doesn't mean to hurt anyone.

EQG Rainbow Dash: An absolute narcissist who is so obsessed with herself that it caues upset in their band. I know that this is suppose to be S1 Dash but S1 Dash while more cocky than the standard Rainbow always had the quality's of the Rainbow we have come to love. This Rainbow is actually a bully, deliberately (although denies it) trying to bring up Sunsets dark past. This Rainbow is one of those people you meet at school (although its usually a boy) who is so annoying and obsessed with self image that you just want to punch them in the face every time they talk.

There was many funny moments in the second film (first one had no redeeming value) such as the scene where they all fight, Apple Jack and Rainbow playing against each other on a games console, and little moments like when Rarity puts on the disco costume, also I thought that Sunset was one of this shows finest characters. But I feel like I should still be insulted by these films because they have destroyed the fantasy element, set themselves in a shallow representation of high school constantly remind us that the fantasy element is not there. So would you say that these reasons are good enough to think that the second movie (not the first film) was a good film, or is it simply a guilty pleasure.

Edited by Arctofire

Keep in mind, that this Rainbow Dash hasn't been through the countless friendship adventures the pony Rainbow Dash has been through, despite her being a "Season One Rainbow Dash". Because, let's all face it, even Season One Rainbow Dash had more humility(in our case "Ponymility", see what I did there?) than EQG Rainbow Dash in general.

• Brohoof 1

To be fair, EQG is an alternate univers, not a parallel one. Therefore, there are always going to be little things that don't quite line up. I think EQG was as good as anyone could have possibly made it. There wasn't a whole lot of the stereotypes, beyond that of the cliques never getting along with each other. I loved EQG, and I've been re-watching it ever since I got it. 

Was it the best thing I've ever seen? No. Was it the worst thing I've ever seen? No.

Nor was it a guilty pleasure. I felt that they really were able to show what happens when you don't have all the elements of magic together. And I really hope they make Sunset the new element of magic in the next one. I think that would be great, we can totally drop Mane 6 (Pony) from the next movie. Make it a true stand-alone

• 7 months later...

Keep in mind, that this Rainbow Dash hasn't been through the countless friendship adventures the pony Rainbow Dash has been through, despite her being a "Season One Rainbow Dash". Because, let's all face it, even Season One Rainbow Dash had more humility(in our case "Ponymility", see what I did there?) than EQG Rainbow Dash in general.

I came here just to say that. Pony RD and human RD have completely different experiences, as human RD only was friends for with the mane six since the first movie.

I thought both were excellent, (though the second one was better), and I can't wait for the third. RD was different, but, as people have said, she didn't have the same experiences as the pony RD.