Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open A.R.E.A 51 (Supernatural/Battle/Slice of Life) Roleplay

Samurshy

"Well thank you, mate. I'm glad to be here too. Things were getting a bit stale back at Area 10 anyways." He added as he got up after Masun called for him. Charles unslung his rifle from his back and propped it up against his chair. He did some arm stretches and cracked his neck to the sides before looking back at Felicia. "Now... hopefully I don't make a proper fool of myself to ruin my good image." He said with a chuckle and then made his way into the ring, tipping his hat to her in the process. Charles looked over to Sam now and pulled his revolver out. He opened the cylinder up and fished out one more round from his pocket after grabbing a pile of them, putting it in front of the other two he just loaded earlier and flipped it closed.   

Charles holstered the revolver with three bullets and waited for Sam. Whistling a tune to himself in the meantime.

"Shooting me would be super effective. I die to bullets. Actually, I die to a lot of things. Hmmm..." Sam steps into the ring, bringing out her book of spells. "Maybe after some study I could learn some sort of field force spell that could protect me. But unless you wanna give Auria a early meal, I would suggest not shooting me. Just a thought." She passes a hand over the cover of her book, decasting the illusion of ordinary clothes to her robes. Stupid rules about magical first days... Wish I coulda been wearing my actual sweats. Her spellbook floated in front of her in it's purpley-silver light. "Time to dance."

As soon as Sam finished her final sentence and signaled the start of the fight, Charles pulled his gun out at lightning speed and fired off the first round. The reason he loaded only the three bullets earlier finally came to play. All of them were non-lethal. The first shot was the bullet he loaded when he knew he was going to have to fight Sam. Instead of a metal projectile, it fired out a breakable hard plastic capsule filled with White Oak shavings soaked in water. He only had one on him at the time, but the mystical trait of White Oak could dispell any medium strength magic abilities on contact.

He knew from earlier that she had some sort of barrier around her due to Lenaria's voice magic getting stopped. The bullet should break on any shield up that can stop physical attacks and destroy it. And even if there isn't any shield up, it should break on Sam and slightly weaken her abilities. Stopping any passive spells in the process. 

Charles fired the second bullet, now sure that there wasn't any chance of a shield stopping him. It was a basic rubber bullet and aimed right at her forehead. He hoped to daze her and get some information before closing in. 

Sam heard the gun go off and panic-shot off a moonfire blast. The lucky part was it hit a bullet. The unlucky part was that it hit the White Oak bullet and found it's self absorbed. The confusion of that caused her to miss the second shot, which pegged her right between the eyes. She fell down on her backside with an audible umph and blinked away the spots of her vision. Her eyes began to bleed off her magic. She tossed what looked to be a slow-moving magical grenade at Charles, which fizzed, crackled, and exploded in mid air to create what looked like a nice little fireworks display of purple, silver, and black. Winking at Masun (because she knew he'd see through this) she made two illusion copies of herself and slipped out of the ring, beginning to crawl around it towards Charles while puppetting her two clones. One seemed rather distraught and frightened. The other looked unimpressed, and kinda tired.

"Fun times," the tired clone says, looking at her tired counterpart. "Oh, shape up, you. You are most certainly an eye-sore." The clone powered up to spout out some moonfire. Welp, discipline is apparently a hard concept to instil on an illusion.

Charles gave a grin when she fell to the floor, but this quickly dissipated at the sight of the spell. He covered his eyes with his hand on top of his sunglasses to stop himself from getting flashbanged, but when the lights dulled down, he noticed two of a kind standing in the ring now. He only had one bullet left, so he couldn't act carelessly. And he was out of all anti-magic projectiles for now. 

Deciding the best way to figure out which one is the real Sam would be old school, Charles pulled two regular bullets from his pocket and threw them at the two clones. Since they were both illusions, the two bullets passed right through both of them. Something he hadn't really expected, but wasn't entirely surprised. Clever clever... the hunter becomes the hunted, huh mate? He thought as he closed his eyes, focusing on his senses the best he could. Charles holstered his revolver and pulled out his knife. "Fee fi fo fum." He called out as he began to hear light footsteps from the right side of the ring. Charles did a combat roll over and off the side of the ring and onto his feet next to Sam. With his knife already out, he made a slash right at her chest and shoulder, trying to beat her to the draw before she could attack. "I smell the blood of an Englishman!" He finished mid-slash with a laugh. 

With a startled cry, Sam's (barely functional) combat insticts kicked in and she punched him in the gut with her frosty, zap-fire (stun variant of moonfire) charged hands. The knife lodged itself painfully in her shoulder, causing her to fall to the ground, clutching it. A steady stream of curses and cries flows from her mouth, before she begins chanting. Having becomes successfully pissed enough to cloud her senses, and afraid enough to be desperate, she released her spell. From the eastern corner of the ceiling (approximately where the moon should be considering the time of night) a barrage of silvery spears hurled themselves at gun-shot speeds toward Charles. (Not targeting vital areas. Should they hit, they should be at his feet and shoulder levels. Apparently she's not quite hacked off enough to kill you.)

The stun from her punch caused Charles to stumble back, pulling the knife from her shoulder as he backed off. Even with his resilience, his body couldn't react fast enough after being shocked to dodge the spears altogether. One grazed his lower leg, while another hit him in the shoulder leaving bullet wound like damage in it's wake. Though before any further damage could occur Charles regained full control of his body and did another combat roll out of the way and around the corner of the ring. "A bit over the top, wouldn't ya say mate?" He called out from cover. Charles didn't seem to pay much attention to his wounds, physical pain was never something that effected him all that much. 

He knew he had nothing to stop her from throwing a bomb like spell around the corner if he waited. So he peered out with his revolver and fired the last rubber bullet at her head while she was clutching her wound and began to rush down the side of the ring over to her, knife at the ready.

Edited by Chickey
  • Brohoof 1

She saw him rushing at her and raised her hand, turning her head away. She raised her hand, glowing with it's magical charge, and waited for more pain to ensue. However, when she opened her eyes, her glowing hand was in Charles' face, and his knife was at her neck. "Well, it woulld seem we're in a bit of a bind..."

Charles gave a laugh before replying. "How about we call it even steven for now?" He said as he pulled the blade away from her neck and patted her on her good shoulder. He cleaned the blood off the knife and put away all his weapons before walking back to his chair by Felicia and sitting down. "Well that went pretty good given the circumstances. Ruined my good pants though..." He commented as he picked up his lost rifle and slung it around his back once more. 

He sifted through his pockets and pulled out some sort of liquid in a small clear bottle. He uncapped it and dabbed a bit on his wounds like glue. Within a few minutes the gash on his leg and wound on his shoulder had healed back to the point of virtually never being there. 

Lenaria watched both fights unfold. It would seem all of her allies were quite skilled, now she knew it would soon be time for her to face the Sofia, the werewolf. Lenaria quickly made herself scarce and went to get the armory to requisition a few items. The personnel at the armory were very compliant to her 'requests' and she quickly made her way back with a few extra items and 1 extra magazine for her handgun.

Lenaria saw Auria next to the table where she was a few minutes before. "That was quite a fight you two had. Really intense. I do hope I can reach the standard you set." She told Aura as she sat on the table next to her rifle. "Looks like I'm up against Sofia. I do hope she can control her werewolf form. From what I know they tend to be quite feral." Lenaria remarked about her opponent; though Sofia had the physical strength and agility advantage, Lenaria had a few tricks up her sleeve. 'Never fight a fair fight.'

Charles gave a laugh before replying. "How about we call it even steven for now?" He said as he pulled the blade away from her neck and patted her on her good shoulder. He cleaned the blood off the knife and put away all his weapons before walking back to his chair by Felicia and sitting down. "Well that went pretty good given the circumstances. Ruined my good pants though..." He commented as he picked up his lost rifle and slung it around his back once more.

He sifted through his pockets and pulled out some sort of liquid in a small clear bottle. He uncapped it and dabbed a bit on his wounds like glue. Within a few minutes the gash on his leg and wound on his shoulder had healed back to the point of virtually never being there.

"Yo," she says, slightly pale, "I could use some of that heally salve. Kinda... deep shank you gave my shoulder here. Would hate to pass out on the ground before the next match starts. Kinda, ya know, s'possed to watch and stuff." She shakily gets to her feet. "And maybe some water..."

Edited by Octavia's Bow

@@Glaceon,

Auria was never good with holding conversations, but she managed to reply Lenaria after a small pause of silence. "Don't compare yourself with others and you'll do fine." She said with a smile. "I'm not sure about werewolves, but if things get out of hand, we'll all make sure you make it back out alive and unscathed." Auria assured her safety in hopes to boost her confidence.

Masun found a towel and wiped the sweat off of his forehead. Masun grabbed his shirt and jacket but did not put them back on. He draped his towel over his right shoulder and went back to his chair to watch the fight. The fight was intense and certainly one of more tactics than complete strength.

"That was indeed quite impressive. What was in that first bullet? Blessed silver dust or white oak shavings?" Felicia asked.

"Alright Lenaria, Sofia, you're up." Masun replied to the last two of the group.

"White oak, I love the stuff." Charles replied as he kicked his foot up on his knee and tapped the hard wooden heel of his boot. "My teethkickers are even made out of it too. Disables any magic traps and helps keep me on solid ground." He explained before dropping his foot back to the floor. "Silver sparkles are pretty useful too. But I've had more success using it as a type of tear gas-esque grenade in the past. Can even be lethal if demonic creatures or power users inhale it." Charles added.

He looked over to Sam and tossed over the bottle. "Sure mate, but make sure you don't go overboard. It's hard to make."

"White oak, I love the stuff." Charles replied as he kicked his foot up on his knee and tapped the hard wooden heel of his boot. "My teethkickers are even made out of it too. Disables any magic traps and helps keep me on solid ground." He explained before dropping his foot back to the floor. "Silver sparkles are pretty useful too. But I've had more success using it as a type of tear gas-esque grenade in the past. Can even be lethal if demonic creatures or power users inhale it." Charles added.

He looked over to Sam and tossed over the bottle. "Sure mate, but make sure you don't go overboard. It's hard to make."

"Then you'll have want to see any displacement," she retorts. And indeed, she uses such small amounts that it appears to have been untouched. Thusly finished, she levitates the bottle over to him and finds a spot to sit while she waits and watches. I could go for a milkshake right now. I wonder... are there still Stake and Shakes? Stake sounds good...

(edited)

"In terms of versatility White Oak is indeed better than silver, but blessed silver is certainly devastating" Felicia replied.

Masun looked around and noticed that Sofia was not present in the room, and since he knew she was in the room at one point, she must have snuck out when everyone wasn't looking to avoid the fight. 

"Well, since it seems that Sofia isn't participating, Charles, you good for another round?" Masun asked.

Edited by Samurshy

"Aye, I'll have a go at it." Charles said as he got up and walked back into the ring, leaving his rifle back by the chair again. He ran himself dry of safe ammunition to use, making him a bit skeptical on how this was going to turn out. But he had dealt with Sirens in the past, even with a lack of equipment it should be possible to keep himself afloat. 

Auria's presence has always been lower than an average human being due to her ghoul counterparts. She wandered out of the room when none of them were looking so that she could return back to her room. Auria hurried back and locked the door when she went in to prevent anyone from walking in when she's "eating". She opened the fridge that Felicia mentioned earlier and saw a bunch of human meats, limbs and organs. Without hesitation, she grabbed a tender piece of flesh and started consuming it. Even though it wasn't as fresh as she wanted it to be, it was still satisfying. "It would have been better if it was nice and warm instead of cold and frozen.." She mumbled when she was chewing on the lifeless piece of meat. Every single bite felt like it was restoring the power she used up during the fight between the powerful vampire, Masun. When Auria was done, she grabbed the heart that was lying in the fridge and took a bite of it. Auria felt an adrenaline running through her body when she did since the heart was a delicacy to ghouls and every single human being only had one. It also tastes the best and contains nutrients that satisfy even the most starving ghouls. Auria placed it back in the fridge just in case she needed it in the future. She noticed she made quite a mess on the floor when she bit into the heart, blood bursting out when she took a chunk of it. She headed into the toilet to clean herself up. While she was at it, she decided to take a quick shower and a change of clothes since it got pretty torn up during the fight. "I'm glad it was just a plain T-shirt." Auria thought aloud as she tossed it into the bin in the bathroom. Auria was exhausted from the fight since it has been a while since she had to use so much of her power. She snuggled into bed and closed her eyes and fell asleep.

Lenaria nodded at the change of plans and stepped into the arena. She knew that the bullets she had taken from the armory shouldn't be used against Charles so she kept her handgun holstered. "Good luck, Charles! Go easy on me okay?" She said with a slight smile before drawing her sword from the black scabbard slung around her back, her request was layered with her entrancing hypnotic tone. 'Hopefully this will end in my favor.'

Edited by Glaceon

Charles gave a chuckle and drew his knife. His accent seemed to decrease quite a bit when he spoke. "I'm afraid the werewolf would've been a much better matchup for you than me. Your powers rely on tricking people with weak minds and wills. And out of all the people who have trained their brain here, it's me." He explained, sounding a bit more serious without his usual slang. "There is a reason why it's said that Sirens used to target Sailors and lure them to their deaths while out at sea. Because they're easy prey. Brigands without food and water floating out in the middle of the ocean tend to be a little less sound of mind than most." He finished. 

"With powers out of the way, you're obviously a stealth and deception fighter... and a bit out of your element right now too. There isn't much stealth to be had in the middle of a ring is there mate?" He asked with a laugh. Finished with his observations, he put his knife up and waited. 

• Brohoof 1

Lenaria stood her ground and waited for Charles to make his move. He may be correct about her preferred fighting style but that did not mean she couldn't hold her own in a fight like this. "Poor me, no where to hide, but let's see how this turns out. I wouldn't be much of a field agent if I couldn't handle a head on fight." Lenaria replied keeping her sword drawn and ready. "Now how about instead of fighting we put down our weapons and settle this in a more civilized way?Lenaria had added a bit more power to her persuasion. She knew this probably wouldn't work but it was worth the attempt and it would supply her info on just how resistant Charles was to her charm.
From her experience only a few people could resist her fully powered mesmer. 'I wonder if Charles is one of these few exceptional individuals. Now it is best I keep my distance while attempting this, my sword has the range advantage over his dagger.'

Charles didn't reply, he simply stood there with his knife out like he didn't hear anything. Because technically, he didn't actually hear anything she said after he put up his knife. As someone who is completely in control of his senses and body, not only could he nullify pain, but he could tune out his own hearing. It was a skill he frequently used right before taking a shot, allowing him to fully focus on his sight while aiming. But he also found it incredibly useful while fighting Sirens in the past.

The downside was obvious, all he could hear was feint muffles of sound now and feel the vibrations with his feet. But in the middle of an open ring it didn't matter all that much. Plus it allowed him to focus all his power on the rest of his senses. 

• 2 weeks later...

Lenaria stood her ground. Her hypnotic attempts seemed to have no effect so far. 'Is he deaf or something? Not even the slightest change in body language or position. Interesting.'
She kept her sword raised as she thought of a new strategy. 'Now maybe there could be another angle I can use and exploit here.'
Still maintaining her distance, Lenaria assumed Charles would eventually attack her. "Come on Charles; can't you hear me? Ignoring someone is awfully rude...." She said trying to probe Charles for more information.

Charles waited a few moments, not making any move after she spoke before pulling out a steel and silver colored butterfly knife from his back pocket and flipping it open in his free hand. He quickly closed in on her, keeping track of her sword as he took a stab at her shoulder with the smaller knife and ready to stop the sword with the bigger blade of his Bowie knife. His eyes tracked everything he could, and he was ready to use his feet if needed.  

The moment Charles got within striking range of her sword (which is longer than the knife) she stepped back, causing the butterflyknife to miss its target. She counterattacked with a jab towards Charles' head but at the last possible second she would pull to the side and aim to strike at his extended left arm (The one with the butterfly knife).
Lenaria readied to sidestep or roll to avoid Charles' counter attack if needed.

As he expected by going on the offensive, Lenaria had made her move against him. However Charles's attention to the sword allowed him to lock blades with the weapon with his Bowie knife mid strike. With her arm in it's stalled position, Charles flipped his knife closed and dropped it in his pocket before grabbing onto her sword arm in one fluid motion. He yanked at her arm to try to pull her into him and jolted his own head at her, trying to hit her with a surprise headbutt and knock her out of her side of the ring and onto the floor.