Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Monster Hunter Club

Panne

BRUH, BRUH THAT'S NOTHING! i'M AN MLG JAGGI HUNTR BRUH! I GET A BAG OF DORITOS AND A BOTTLE O' DEW FOR EACH JAGGI KILLED.

Jaggi? You a scrub and a simp. When you start decorating your caravan with Kelbi pelts, call me. Till then, your lame hunting skils make me Gaggi and I'll continue hunting in my Baggi pants, busta.

• Brohoof 2

Jaggi? You a scrub and a simp. When you start decorating your caravan with Kelbi pelts, call me. Till then, your lame hunting skils make me Gaggi and I'll continue hunting in my Baggi pants, busta.

Aw nah, aw nah, you hunt kelbis let me step down there m8... but w8: SMALL GOLDEN FISH HUNTING!!!!! Come at me 1v1!

monster_hunter_2_2.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Aw nah, aw nah, you hunt kelbis let me step down there m8... but w8: SMALL GOLDEN FISH HUNTING!!!!! Come at me 1v1!

Whoa whoa whoa, hell naw, I can't challenge those type of hunting skills. I've slain the mighty Elder Herbivore Aptonoth, taken down the dangerous egg-laying monstrosity known as the Gargwa, and even braved the dangers of the swamp to take down the legendary Mosswine, but even I tremble at the thought of tangling with a piss-down-the-leg inducing small goldenfish.

I could learn a thing or two from you, GoldenFish Slayer.

Also, when the hell are we finally going to get Goldenfish Armor dammit?

Been playing since MH1 and still haven't seen it.

• Brohoof 1

Also, when the hell are we finally going to get Goldenfish Armor dammit?

Been playing since MH1 and still haven't seen it.

That shit would be hella dank... The helm would look like this or something. Art people I require some goldenfish armor please.

Fish_armor.jpg

For that matter can we get like an armor for all the useless monsters?

• Brohoof 1

For that matter can we get like an armor for all the useless monsters?

Well we already have Rhenopolos armor.

Also that helmet would be dope if it was in game. At least let my Felyne comrades have some Goldenfish armor action, they're cats for Pete's sake, fish armor is like a requirement.

• Brohoof 1

So, after about 50 hours of gameplay, I finally reached HR 2. Then, 3 hours later I reached HR 3. At this rate I should be HR 4 in about ten minutes!

That Gore Magala from the HR 2 urgent quest doesn't mess around. It carted me twice and I just barely cleared it after a half-hour long battle. But that's probably because you're not meant to take it on solo like I did. I need help, guys, I can't do this on my own anymore! Well, I probably could if I made some stronger armor so I don't go down in two or three hits, but I like my Attack Up L from my Velocidrome set! It just doesn't have good defense since it's an early armor set. I'm a glass cannon here!

Edited by FortyTwo42

Im not sure if its a good thing or a bad thing that I am reluctant to do my Zinogre trappings for the sole reason of "I want to keep fighting him." The fight is just so exhilerating, I love the Zinogre fights so much I don't want them to end. I truly fee like my favorite monster was well chosen.

It is very apparent that the glaive is game warping for everyone. If ya want to put in a new weapon, please don't make it warp the game around it for everyone Capcom.

What do you mean I'd say it isn't to drastic and when I play with people who use it online they generally are support players. Edited by Panne

What do you mean I'd say it isn't to drastic and when I play with people who use it online they generally are support players.

It's a weapon designed to mount and mounting is extremely powerful that causes the game to shift focus towards the glaive. It's hard for me to explain but long story short, play in a party with a glaive user then play in a party without a glaive user, the experience might not be noticable at first but eventually you do see the huge difference behind the scene. 

It's a weapon designed to mount and mounting is extremely powerful that causes the game to shift focus towards the glaive. It's hard for me to explain but long story short, play in a party with a glaive user then play in a party without a glaive user, the experience might not be noticable at first but eventually you do see the huge difference behind the scene. 

How can it be that drastic? I mean ya they mount monsters occasionally, but that helps eveyone out to damage and break parts on the monster.

How can it be that drastic? I mean ya they mount monsters occasionally, but that helps eveyone out to damage and break parts on the monster.

In Monster Hunter, getting that brief window to heal/sharpen do whatever is important enough on its own but also get a window that would normally only be open by knocking it over or stunning it is even bigger. Think of it this way of windows of opportunity to just wail on the monster, keep in mind this is from a standard standpoint, not the few that get back up after a knock down like it's nothing. Also this is from knock overs, not status effects though they are included. 

Standard hunt(w/o mounts)              3 knock overs + maybe 1-2 status effects.

Standard hunt(w/ mount, no glaive) 3 knock overs + maybe 1-2 status effects + 2-3 mounts. <<Almost double, really a huge advantage

Standard hunt(w/ mount & glaive)    3 knock overs + maybe 1-2 status effects + 3-5 mounts. <<Almost triple the advantage 

Long story short, those extra brief windows to readjust and then wail on the monster is so huge. 

-------------------------------

Keep in mind all of that is referring to advantage which in turn also works in relation with what goes on behind the visuals. 

Edited by Chaco

the glaive buffs though the kinect are pretty powerful too. the right combo can give you high grade earplugs without needing an armour or gem set with the skills from the start pretty much.

My favourite monster is the Seltas Queen, i just like how it looks and how it moves. Like some sort of alien bio-tank XD

Edited by Malinter

I just fought the Seltas Queen for the first time myself. I never expected to see two large monsters team up with that. Although I guess it was less teamwork and more the Queen was using his body as a living weapon.

I enjoyed it, mainly because it's such a unique idea for two monsters to team up like that. And unlike most times there's two monsters in the same area, it still felt completely fair.

Both of us just died the second we saw the seltas pick up the queen and carry her into the air. It was one of the most fun we had with a monster that was new to us. Neither of us went in knowing what to expect. We came out of the fight overjoyed and filled with happiness.

@@FortyTwo42,

Both of us just died the second we saw the seltas pick up the queen and carry her into the air. It was one of the most fun we had with a monster that was new to us. Neither of us went in knowing what to expect. We came out of the fight overjoyed and filled with happiness.

@@FortyTwo42,

Unfortunately, I had already looked up the Seltas Queen so I could find its elemental weakness, and that's when I found out about how she and the Seltas work together, so it kind of ruined the surprise.

Now, the Zamtrios, that was hilariously unexpected and I hadn't read up on that one beforehand so I was fully surprised! If you've fought it, you know what I'm talking about.

• Brohoof 1

I just had a look at the Gore Magala Switch Axe. It looks a bit like a scythe! But I personally like the Gore Magala Dual Blades even more. It's awesome, since they aren't actually blades, they're claws. When you use them, you ferociously scratch and tear your enemies to death!

I feel I've gotten quite proficient with the Dual Blades now, and I'm really enjoying them! Range is still a big problem for me, since I'm too used to the Long Sword's large, wide range. I often either attack from a bit too far and end up just slashing air, or I walk a bit too close and the monster just tramples me. But that's just one bad thing among a whole lot of great things about the Dual Blades for me. Dancing around the enemy unleashing a relentless flurry of attacks is so fun!

It takes a long time to master a new weapon in Monster Hunter. I still feel like an amateur when it comes to the Dual Blades. But I'm good enough that it's still crazy fun, so mastery of it should come with time as I continue using it for fun!

Edited by FortyTwo42

Shargura Magala is sooo pretty looking, I almost felt bad for killing it, it's name is also fun to say lol I was bored home alone and kept saying Shagura Magala in like different accents and voices, started calling my cat Shagura Magala haha

I'm strange.