general media What other types of fandoms you wanted to like but couldn't?

NothingIsEverything

We all love MLP, and to enjoy it, for some of us, it just took the very first episode. For others, it might have taken longer. I didn't really become a brony until about the second season.

So, what other popular fandom you wanted to enjoy, but just didn't like it? I wanted to like Doctor Who, but it just not for me. I don't really like sci-fi.

I also don't like Minecraft because it just feels like work and I easily lost interest in it.

I want to be interested in Game of Thrones, but again, it would feel like so much work to read the books and watch the TV shows lol

I know I would like Breaking Bad, but again, too lazy to catch up.

• Brohoof 1

bhF1PXF.jpg

Made by my wonderful boyfriend Kyoshi <3

I'm not a fan of the superwholock fandoms (Supernatural, Doctor Who, & Sherlock)

All three are boring shows with not much to them. 

• Brohoof 1

DZf4iNK.png

matching setups with my bff pathfinder

I tried to get deep into the Metroid series, but I can never get past the opening stages (at least, not without getting lost and killed several times over) so my interest didn't last long...  -_- Same with F-Zero; it looks so interesting, but something just holds me back with it :/

Torchwood is another series I've tried out before... maybe it was just the feeling I got from the first season that put me off it, but I just haven't stuck with it that long. 

Out of curiosity, wouldn't 'series' (the show/game etc.) be the correct word here, rather than fandom (the general community around a show/game etc.)? Maybe I'm wrong, apologies if I am...  :blush:

Edited by Edwardo_Brony
  • Brohoof 2

We all love MLP, and to enjoy it, for some of us, it just took the very first episode. For others, it might have taken longer. I didn't really become a brony until about the second season.

So, what other popular fandom you wanted to enjoy, but just didn't like it? I wanted to like Doctor Who, but it just not for me. I don't really like sci-fi.

I also don't like Minecraft because it just feels like work and I easily lost interest in it.

I want to be interested in Game of Thrones, but again, it would feel like so much work to read the books and watch the TV shows lol

I know I would like Breaking Bad, but again, too lazy to catch up.

Good God man, are you my clone? :blink:

I tried to watch Dr. Who, but I didn't like it.

I tried to like Minecraft, but I hated how tedious it was.

My roommate has tried to get me to watch Game of Thrones, but I've been too lazy to try to keep up with it. The same is true for Breaking Bad.

Out of curiosity, wouldn't 'series' (the show/game etc.) be the correct word here, rather than fandom (the general community around a show/game etc.)? Maybe I'm wrong, apologies if I am...  :blush:

You're not wrong.

Edited by Admiral Regulus
  • Brohoof 1

AluKfrD.png

Tumblr

I know I would like Breaking Bad and I've watched a few episodes, but I don't have much time for it. I try to watch Game of Thrones but it looks hard to watch and the only way for me to watch all the episodes is to get a DVD and a new DVD player. Another thing is superhero comics, I don't read comics but watch some movies and TV shows, but I can't help but think that superheroes are similar in terms of agendas even though their abilities and personalities are different.

• Brohoof 1

All my life needed was a sense of someplace to go. I don't believe that one should devote his life to morbid self-attention. I believe that someone should become a person like other people.

Dr. Who was alright I liked some of it but switching between different doctors is a hard thing to like. The change is what keeps me uninterested.

I want to like League of Legends a lot but rapidly changing champions is difficult to get past. They changed the free to play ones 3 times within the last 3 days. Right when I was getting better at using them. I will like it more when there is more permanent champions within my list of who I can play as.

• Brohoof 2

Watched a bit of Breaking Bad, and it just made me feel sad.

Tried playing League of Legends, but decided that even Gentleman Cho'Gath wasn't worth getting berated every game.

Never been able to get into Assassin's Creed, either. 

• Brohoof 1

29q1lx3.jpg

I like Doctor Who Series 1-5, but I forgot to watch Series 6 and I didn't watch the show again until Day of the Doctor was aired (great special BTW). I started watching Series 8 with Peter Capaldi, but I, for some reason, stopped watching after Episode 4 or 5. Though I did watch the recent Christmas special just for the sake of it and it was quite entertaining.

https://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=euoqqd-7dhY

I don't know why there's a fan base for Minecraft. I found the game to be SO boring! I'd take a Lego video game any day.

I'd like to be part of the Game of Thrones fandom, but I don't know why I can't and I'd honestly prefer Harry Potter over Game of Thrones.

These are the fandoms I'm apart of right now:

Sonic the Hedgehog

Thomas the Tank Engine

Five Nights at Freddy's

Power Rangers / Super Sentai

and, of course, Bronies

Edited by James A Williams
  • Brohoof 1

Harry Potter fandom, it was bitterly divided, there were fans of the books and fans of the movies, both sides were aggressive and claimed to be the "True" fans, I have been in this fandom, but it was brief, the shortest span I have ever been in a fandom, I didn't like the hostility, not just to other Harry Potter fans, but to those who didn't like Harry Potter, these people were rude and intolerant to people who didn't like their gospel. The other is the Frozen fandom, sometimes it is fine, but other times, like Harry Potter, it is quite vitriolic, to anyone who doesn't like the story or character as much as they did, however, once the fuming stops, I may join the Frozen fandom, but I have no promise, but I have rejoined the Nintendo fans, after eighteen years without a Nintendo console, I am also a furry, and I like PAW Patrol, plus the bronies, which has come a long way, and will improve and mature over time.

Edited by Emperor Peter
  • Brohoof 1

Elder Scrolls. My friend can't stop talking about it and he constantly RPs it on Facebook. Not only does it bore me cause I don't know enough about it, but there seem to be all these things they throw in that by the sound of it I'd totally miss and not care. Meanwhile a "true"  fan of it should foam at the mouth.

Sigh. I tried to like it, but I just couldn't be bothered to play all the games and look at the same tapestry for an hour to see the fan call out.

• Brohoof 1

img-31286-1-img-31286-1-img-31286-1-img-
by @Balareth+@Onion Sing

My OC Lektra Bolt: EvE Version/EqE Archive. My links in one place: https://lektragaming.carrd.co

I wanted to like the Zelda series but I just couldn't get into it.

I guess I missed the link to it. XD

• Brohoof 1

post-30427-0-39701000-1418693731.png

Credit to Rainbowdash72 for sig :D credit to Ivory for the amazing avatar :D credit to couleur for the wallpaper
if your in hell keep going

I liked Doctor Who seasons 1-5 but after Capaldi became doctor I really lost a LOT of interest in the show, so I guess that's one.

For something I want to get into but can't, I guess maybe The Walking Dead.  My friends all like that show so it would be cool to be able to talk to them about it, but I've watched a couple of the episodes and it's just way too much for me to handle.  I guess that's one of the reasons I like to watch a show about cute magical talking horses  :please:

• Brohoof 1

img-14375-1-21br7yb.png

I tried to like metal and become a member of the Metal community but holy shit. There is so much hostility and fighting within the Metalhead community. So much bickering over whether a song is black metal or thrash or some other sub-genre of metal. It was really pathetic. And the music I was having trouble liking. :/

Edited by Coco Pommel
  • Brohoof 1

The big three of anime, Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece(especially freaking One Piece)

I was actually into Naruto for a little bit, right up to where Sasuke betrays everyone, after that I just lost interest(which was weird because I dislike the guy)

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 2

Pokemon. Back when I was in elementary school it was really popular and a lot of my friends and cousins were into it. I played it a little and had a few cards, but never really got into it.

Harry Potter. I only ever read the first book. I've seen some of the movies and thought they were pretty good, but I've never been much into wizard/castle type stuff.

Dr Who. A lot of people on here seem to like it. I watched a few episodes and just couldn't get interested. I always laugh when those "EXTERMINATE" robot things come on because they aren't scary at all. :lol:

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 1

post-24370-0-50818200-1417635705.jpg

Rainbow Rocks... at least how it could've looked... in a stranger, more interesting dimension :lol:

For those who are wondering, Twilight is chewing bubble gum.

Original Artwork: http://inkypsycho.deviantart.com/art/Do-Ya-Thing-by-Gorillaz-Ponified-487082864

Anime. I like a few anime shows, but all the rest I've seen are absolute garbage. It's a shame, really, because there's not that much else in the way of serious adult animation.

• Brohoof 1

"For every loud and idiotic kid in front of a computer, there's a quiet and passionate kid in front of a computer."

--Einstein on Video Games,2014