Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music If you were to form a band, what would you call it, and what genre would it be?

thegamerator10

Mine would be called Judgement Day.

Genre: Traditional Heavy Metal :P

We'd bring about a rebirth in Heavy Metal, going back to the old days of Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, etc. with several covers and tribute albums.

Of course, we'd do several of our own stuff.

• Brohoof 1

I've been in plenty of bands in my time. I'll list some of them here:

Soil (Grunge revival/Alternative Rock)

Dawn of the Toasters (Indie Rock)

Peine Forte (Doom Metal)

Vox Populi (Anarcho Punk)

Märmälädë Öüvërkill (Comedy Rock)

Paper Cutouts (Punk Rock)

And? (Shoegazing)

I also have a current solo project, which I call "Amabilis" (Progressive/Experimental Rock) [On ice until I get better recording equipment]

Edited by There is only Ditzy.
  • Brohoof 2

I remember back in high school I made up a name for a band if me and my friends were ever going to have one. I never had plans to actually form one, I just made up a name and started doodling album covers on my notebooks.  I called it Mega Piss, and it would've been a thrash metal band.

• Brohoof 2

My friends and I had a name for a band that never got started, "The Lovely Broken", it sounds really...."really?" but it was fine. It was mainly Alternative rock with all-female members, we even wrote lyrics lol.

• Brohoof 1

D.A.N.C.E. (Damn Animals Not Copying Entertainment). It would be a post-post-post-post-post hard pop rock rap grunge funk metal with a tendency to add dubstep drops and jazz bass solos in the middle of every song.

I could mention a certain band I'm in right now, but it's name is kind of a secret.

• Brohoof 1

D.A.N.C.E. (Damn Animals Not Copying Entertainment). It would be a post-post-post-post-post hard pop rock rap grunge funk metal with a tendency to add dubstep drops and jazz bass solos in the middle of every song.

I could mention a certain band I'm in right now, but it's name is kind of a secret.

Get rid of the dubstep drops and I'll dig it.

• Brohoof 1

I've also had the names:

Apocalypse,

Death Wall,

Cremation,

Hell's Angels,

Armageddon,

Demons of Heaven, and my dad wanted to form a band called Sacred Gallows. He was the guitarist.

Get rid of the dubstep drops and I'll dig it.

I've heard Metal Dubstep before.

• Brohoof 1

Judgement Day would probably try to make an MLP tribute song and maybe try to get a gig at BronyCon for maybe We Rock (Dio), which I consider to be the theme for bronies in general. I also want to create a Minecraft parody of Paranoid or something, and maybe a Metal MLP song for YouTube.

I’m crap at band names:

But I liked the name Landline or Mainline for a band.

A band with a full orchestra performing rare-groove, boogie, funk, Disco, Soul and Jazz-Funk.

Something that sounds like Chic or Change with a little Roy Ayres.

That's been my day dream for a while....

• Brohoof 2

I don't dispute that. I just can't get into the sound. I find that bass drops are an insufferable gimmick that are hopefully on their way out. If you like it, that's cool. I just can't stand it x3

I may be 87% Metal, but I also like Dubstep quite a bit as well. If I didn't like Metal, I'd be into Dubstep and Rock.

I don't dispute that. I just can't get into the sound. I find that bass drops are an insufferable gimmick that are hopefully on their way out. If you like it, that's cool. I just can't stand it x3

Oh, alrighty then. They were going to be literal drops anyways.

• Brohoof 1

Blue Moon would probably make for a fine band name, but we'd probably opt for having a diversity of genres rather than sticking with just one, as I can't decide whether I'd want to do Indie Rock, Synthpop, Alt. Rock, Dance, Disco, Progressive Rock, or Ambient. Something electronic would be cool too.

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 2

The Four Kings (despite the fact there'd be more than four members), which would be a Gothic/Symphonic Metal band. I find that orchestral music and metal seem to work very well together.

Necro, which would be a Death Metal/Deathcore band.

Super Collider, which would be a Speed/Power metal band.

Lastly I'd perhaps have an Electro band called H.D.M.I. (High Definition Musical Innovators), I was going to have Fractal but I certain there's already another artist under that name. It wouldn't just be Electro, I'd have all the other sub-genres (Trance, House, Hard Dance, Dubstep, Glitchhop, etc). 

I definitely have been planning out everything about my band. Firstly, we'd organize ourselves as the traditional rock band lineup; vocals, drums, bass, and guitars. We'd fire the drummer and find another one who's named after a fruit. We'd dress up in fancy suits, style our hair into mop-tops, and sing some rock tunes for tons of screaming girls in the Ed Sullivan Show. Then after our teen idol phase, we'd do a lot of illegal narcotics and record a bunch of amazingly incredible albums and flip-flop between numerous musical genres, including creating a song with absolutely no coherent melody or rhythm, just a sound collage of random stuff. Then, after a disappointing final album, we'd go our separate ways. One of us will narrate children's shows about trains, one will start another band named after a bird's appendage and develop a love for animals, one will tragically die of lung cancer, and the other will marry a Japanese woman and get shot by some maniacal fan.

We'll call our ensemble "The Band Who Gets A Lot Of Girls, Then Gets Totally Smashed And Records Some Groundbreaking Albums, Then Breaks Up 10 Years Into Their Career."

Edited by Lyra's Pants
  • Brohoof 1

The Four Kings (despite the fact there'd be more than four members), which would be a Gothic/Symphonic Metal band. I find that orchestral music and metal seem to work very well together.

Necro, which would be a Death Metal/Deathcore band.

Super Collider, which would be a Speed/Power metal band.

Lastly I'd perhaps have an Electro band called H.D.M.I. (High Definition Musical Innovators), I was going to have Fractal but I certain there's already another artist under that name. It wouldn't just be Electro, I'd have all the other sub-genres (Trance, House, Hard Dance, Dubstep, Glitchhop, etc). 

You'd love Nightwish if you like Symphonic/Gothic Metal.

The Flying Left-Handed Monkeys With Porcelain Sporks and Small Boy Biggs

genre would be heavy country death metal with a hint of Japanese Folk.

Edited by PinkProlific