music If you were to form a band, what would you call it, and what genre would it be?

thegamerator10

I don't know what I would call it, but I would definitely go for the "Brass Rock" genre, just as it was in the late 60s/70s. No Ska/Punk influence, no Metal influence, no modern anything influence.

mlpwoodwinds.jpg
Everything needs more woodwind!

The band idea I had in mind would be named "The Four Suits"

It's guys dressed in white collar outfits with ties that have a large playing card symbols on them.  Maybe the bodies of the guitars are in the shape of playing card symbols too.  And the bass drum has a big playing card symbol on it.

The genre that the band likes to do is remake covers of old kids cartoon theme songs like G.I. Joe or obscure cartoon themes like Karate Kid.

Also some original 80's synth rock, hair metal or heavy metal.  But nothing deep grungy singing but more proper singing like the bands Helloween or early Mötley Crüe.  Also some techno instrumental music like Power Glove.

Edited by Nit Pick

Band name: Destined to Fail

Genre: Indie Rock with progressive song structures.

:maud:

Edited by Mouse

^ don't listen to this guy ^

'Our' current band is called, "Creative Calamity" We do basically anything that doesn't involve much editing/sound effects but mainly do rock or metal. 

The previous one I was in was called, "The Rotting Wickerman" That was 100% thrash.

Edited by The Real Gengar

sylveon_the_pink_by_thebronypinkiepie-d8

http://mlpforums.com/topic/121534-the-evil-withinoutlast-style-survival-rp/ Take a look at my RP please.

-Sig by Handsome Changeling

If I had a voice or playing skills:

Siege Engine: A metal band that incorporates the subgenres of Groove, Sludge, Industrial, Djent, Nu-metal & Progressive, w/ dubstep. Imagine dubstep bass drops behind thick, sludgy, muddy, doom riffs. And we'd be playing dual 9 string guitars & a 6 string bass w/ double bass drumming & a DJ. Think Fear Factory, Meshuggah, Crowbar, Black Sabbath, Celtic Frost, PAIN, Dope, Sevendust & Skrillex fused together.

Crynos: A fusion of Power Metal & 90's Hardcore/ Metalcore. Similar set up to the last, minus the DJ. Think Manowar, Hammerfall & Helloween mixed w/ Hatebreed, Throwdown & Poison Idea.

Angel Foe: Thrash Metal/Goth Metal hybrid. Best get a female vocalist for this. Songs that are anti-religion & anti-establishment. Slayer, 80s's Sepultura & Exodus crossed w/ Type O Negative, Mercyful Fate & Evanescence. 

DENIMVENOM.jpg.044401b86728c9eacc741b8d13926f4e.jpg

Some sort of hard rock/heavy metal band no doubt, with some progressive influence in there among a host of others, so songs would definitely not always be within those conventions. :wacko:

Name would probably be something like Radiant Fallen, doesn't seem to be taken yet... have also thought of an acronym, ALL CALL FALL(Angelic Lives Lose Cerebral Activity Lunacy Levels For All Love Lies... yeah it makes no sense but it don't have to breh)... all I really got in the cool name department, don't steal 'em now! I know where you post... :P:ph34r:

sig-592.Rx6YS0O.jpg

With my favorite name taken by another band in Europe, it would go like this:

Name: Cartographer

Genre: Symphonic Metal, Power Metal, Progressive Metal

That needs a little explanation. Overall, my idea for the band would largely be symphonic. The combination of the orchestra, choir, and metal band would be the key thing. In addition, while they wouldn't be the important parts, adding in elements of power metal and progressive metal would hopefully serve well to add not only variety, but also help to develop the band into something that could be appreciated in terms of artistic achievement.

0C974976-AEAC-473F-A904-E17FE9F80486.png
Pathfinder I Sojourner I CorsairZu'hra I Autumn | Scarlet Willow | Gypsy | Silverthorn | Crystal Whisper | Radiant Historia | And many other OCs~
Matching signatures with mah Bestie MOONLIGHT <3