Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How to quote a post.

MysticShine
Go to solution Solved by Fhaolan,

I'm sorry, but I still can not execute this properly. The Help Files simply stated to press the quote button, and the quote should appear in the reply box. For me, it shows a loading animation at the top, takes me down to the reply box, but it is still empty. Is there something I'm missing here, or am I just being a complete idiot? The only factor I can think of that would be causing this problem is crappy internet connection, but I don't know why that would effect quoting. I would show you a video of what happens, but my internet is too slow to attach files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Brohoof 2

Here's some ideas I don't know if it helps

Have you tried using a different browser? which one do you use? 

I use chrome, and it may not make any diffrence I don't know but I remember lots of people on a totally different thread from ages ago said they found it was the best for on MLPF. 

What device are you using MLPF on?

if you have the internet on another device that isn't connected to the same network you say is slow, you could try

that instead.

Edited by Scootaloodle
  • Brohoof 3

I'm sorry, but I still can not execute this properly. The Help Files simply stated to press the quote button, and the quote should appear in the reply box. For me, it shows a loading animation at the top, takes me down to the reply box, but it is still empty. Is there something I'm missing here, or am I just being a complete idiot? The only factor I can think of that would be causing this problem is crappy internet connection, but I don't know why that would effect quoting. I would show you a video of what happens, but my internet is too slow to attach files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You have the directions to the function down correctly. Just click on quote and it drops the text in a quote block smack dab in the text editor. Performance appears to be the problem you are having. A slow connection, or server issues can lead to a problem, yes. So can some client side issues like browser configuration or plug-ins. What browser are you using? Have you tried switching themes to the non-pony theme?

As a test, try and quote me now. I did experience a slight lag about 30 minutes ago that may have causes the issue and this will at least rule that out. 

• Brohoof 3

Okay, try this. First, go down to the quick reply box, and in the upper left hand corner there's a odd gray square icon with what... might be a paperclip in the middle? I'm not sure what that actually is, it's too small on my screen. In any case, click that. That should switch you from WYSIWYG mode to BBCode mode. Try going up and 'quoting' again.

I don't know why this is, but with some versions of Internet Explorer, many of the IP.Board functions don't work right in WYSIWYG mode. The tech guys sometimes fix it, but the fix never seems to stick and it goes weird again several days later.

• Brohoof 3

Okay, try this. First, go down to the quick reply box, and in the upper left hand corner there's a odd gray square icon with what... might be a paperclip in the middle? I'm not sure what that actually is, it's too small on my screen. In any case, click that. That should switch you from WYSIWYG mode to BBCode mode. Try going up and 'quoting' again.

I don't know why this is, but with some versions of Internet Explorer, many of the IP.Board functions don't work right in WYSIWYG mode. The tech guys sometimes fix it, but the fix never seems to stick and it goes weird again several days later.

Ah ha! There it went! Thank you so much!!! :D And thanks to everyone else who tried to help me too.

• Brohoof 2

Ah ha! There it went! Thank you so much!!! :D And thanks to everyone else who tried to help me too.

I'm glad this was resolved :) I'll go ahead and lock this topic.

• Brohoof 2