Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What group of people did you hang out with in school?

MysticShine

I wouldn't call it a group of people. But most of my classmates in high school were extreme geeks who were into video games, anime, comic books, etc. I went to some parties hosted by them and also ate out and went to the movies with them.

Trying to get my friends to go anywhere is like pulling teeth. :okiedokielokie:

I don't think my group can be classified. We aren't jocks, nerds, or anything really. We're just normal. Some of my friends do sports, and I'm friends with some of the guys on the football team. They're mostly country guys. I'm actually in a lot of groups come to think of it...

Nerds and geeks. In grade school it was the kids who brought their Pokemon cards to recess, Middle School was the group sitting in the corner playing on their Gameboys and in High school I was a member of both an anime/manga club and a book club.  

Lol I was just randomly thinking about this recently.

In elementary school it was pretty much everyone (mostly the guys though) as I don't really remember there really being cliques at that point.

In middle school I ended up getting a retainer and glasses right when it started, and that wasn't a good thing. I really hated my glasses and the retainer and I ended up being much more quiet and much less outgoing (I hated talking with the retainer). Luckily I didn't have to wear it during the day for too long. I only had one person make fun of me once, but they ended up kind of feeling bad about it. For the most part In middle school I hung out with a geekier crowd, but they definitely weren't the geekiest. I guess you could say they were kind of a gamer crowd. The funny thing was I didn't play anything they did, I only had a few racing computer games.

In high school it was pretty much the same. I had wood-shop for all 4 years but never had any problems from anyone in there either. There was this one kid in there (who was very nice) but always tried to get me to smoke pot. :huh: Observing him made me not interested in drugs in the slightest though. :lol: He was always like, "Man you would probably be so crazy if you were high!"

nerds, geeks, musicians, video gamers, metalheads, mechanics, country people basically. Never hung out with anyone too popular. I focused on having a fun time back then. Only 3 people stayed friends with me after high school. The others just went their own way.

Edited by RainbowDarth

I was the floater, I got along with every group yet belonged fully to none .Everyone knew me enough to be familiar with me and I did not have any enemies because I have the a stocky and barrel chested build. I even remember one time that someone bumped in to me and apologize in fear thinking that I would beat them up. I made sure they knew that everything was cool but I never felt the need to belong or be a significant part of any one specific group.

I guess the best description of my high school friends would be stoners. I didn't do it myself then, but they were a great bunch (seriously, stoners are the most chill people, but of course they would be). I guess we would've been lumped in as goths, as well since we listened to metal and wore black a lot. I even had a pair of Tripp pants, those things were comfy as hell, and you could fit an entire two liter bottle in the pockets.

MY SELF CONSCIOUS(Because I had nothing better to do) But honestly I never really had friends except a few friendly acquaintances, my main aspiration was to just finish school and become a scholar at a high level college. Sometimes though I did come with imaginary people in my head such as 'Tom' But they never really lasted, until I met my friend Jacob, who is now one is my closest friends. But overall I still am very similar to how I was before, I am fine reading my books and writing short stories, I never desired friendship anyways it just seems futile...

Edited by ScratchGizmo
  • Brohoof 1

My school life is split as follows; four years at first school, four years at middle school, three years at high school and two years at collage before University. I'm currently in my first year of collage.

In first school we didn't really have 'groups' as you mean it. There wasn't a geek, jock, cool or nerd group, it was simply groups of friends. None of us had really developed the need to split and identify into groups. I remember how I made my first (and best) friend. It was quite literally the first day of school ever, we had just been given our seats and I turned to the person next to me and said "Hi, want to be friends?" Poof, we became the best of friends and have been for the past twelve years.

Then middle school started, the first two years were okay. Again, we still didn't have any groups asides from friendship groups. Made some new friends but most aren't anymore. Then came the last two years of middle school, and they were absolute hell. We had finally started fracturing into groups and I was placed in what I can only call the "isolated victim" zone. Friends, family and teachers didn't recognize how miserable I was, hell, my friends often joined in. Two years of verbal abuse (thankfully it never got physical, I don't think I have it in me to fight back) and quite frankly, if high school hadn't happened when it did I think I would have snapped.

Thankfully, when we reached high school everyone seemed to mature and realize how stupid it was to isolate and bully others. I managed to rebuild my confidence and acquire an extremely reserved and laid back personality and once again friendships formed regardless of what 'group' you were a part of. I fell into the geeky/nerdy group.

Now I'm in collage and my best friend is no longer with me and instead has an apprenticeship and has his collage work mailed to him. I now fall into the "major loner" group. I find the company of others to be annoying and I often go out of my way to be by myself. I still socialize when I need to and everyone gets on well but I really only have one or two actual friends, and even they still annoy me if they spend too much time with me.

Hmm, this was longer than I thought it was going to be.

I didn't have any real close friends so I just hung with who ever was nice and accepting of me. I didn't really fit in anywhere. I had some pot head friends (never touched the stuff), nerds, red necks, hispanics, country folk, skaters and other social outcasts as friends and acquaintances.

I hung around the computer gaming guys, the DnD guys, and Math guys. However, that made my middle-school and high-school days rather undesirable. All those years of being mocked for always carrying a Reverse Polish-Notation Graphing Calculator.  Id say that they have influenced me in a couple ways. 

• Brohoof 1

I normally hang out with Gamers, Bronies, and Women only because I can relate to them more then anyone.... I hate hanging out with other guys who aren't Gamers or Bronies mostly because all they talk about is women and how quickly they can get in bed with them..... or at least that's how it was back in my early high school years...

• Brohoof 1