Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

So among all this news of WWE botching their NXT call ups and by extension the future of their roster, we've had some good things happen the past few weeks.

• We had NJPW putting a farewell show for their resident mad man Takeshi Iizuka. Despite being a consistent part of Suzuki-gun, the dude's actually been wrestling for over 30 years. Was even tag champs w/ Tatsumi Fujinami. So I hope he was a nice retirement. 
  • Ever heard of Giant Baba? Of course you have. Tallest wrestler in Japanese history. Founder of All Japan. Former tag partner of Antonio Inokio, founder of New Japan. Both of them were students of Rikkidozan, the father of Purowresu. Heck, Baba was even called the "Vince McMahon of Japan" for his figurative and literal massive influence on the business. All Japan Pro-Wrestling hosted the 20th anniversary Giant Baba memorial show. And who showed up? Why none other than Antonio Inoki himself, Lucha legends Mil Mascaras and Dos Caras Sr. Oh and half the roster for NJPW. That's right. New Japan were willing to work with their legendary rivals in order to honor a legend. That's a pretty noble thing for them to do. The half of the show that has NJPW guys is up on NJPW world. For the whole show, I think AJPWs streaming site has it but I can't confirm. It's out there if your willing to do some digging. 
  • And finally, we had our annual NJPW x ROH co-promotion special: Honor Rising. Two nights featuring the two best wrestling companies today going at it. Matches include Hiroki Goto vs. Jeff Cobb for the ROH World TV title, Will Osprey vs. Dalton Castle for the NEVER Openweight title, Bricoes vs. Juice RObinson & Dave Finlay Jr. for the ROH World Tag Tittles, Evil/Sanada vs. G.o.D. for the IWGP Heavyweight tag belts and ROH world champ Jay Lethal teaming with Okada & Tanahashi against The Kingdom. 

Lot of good stuff to watch, if you know where to look. 

• Brohoof 1

To all on this here wrestling thread.

I’ve chosen to not post here anymore because wrestling isn’t one of my big passions anymore.

It’s been one heck of a ride, I know that I’ve been a pain in the ass which I do admit to, hehe.

But thank you to those who put up with me for so long and for allowing me to be here.

In my departure, I wanna thank @Sparklefan1234, @Denim&Venom, @Unicorncob, @A.V., @Mesme Rize and many more for it all.

Take care all and be safe in your lives, see you on the forums.

And last but not least, long live All Elite Wrestling, New Japan Pro Wrestling, Impact Wrestling and Ring Of Honour (even though I’ve rarely watched), hehe.

Farewell.

• Brohoof 1

Well the New Japan cup has been announced, and it's bigger than ever. The field has been doubled to 32 participants and unlike the last 5 years, the winner will automatically challenge Jay White for the IWGP Heavyweight championship. And that match will be at Madison Square Garden. 

image.thumb.png.757caae94caa4365cad3fa6094e6dfea.png

So predictions everypony? 

Took some time to fill out my brackets and they look kinda like this. Feel free to do the same. 

1414297352_NJCpredictions.thumb.png.b7d31e11e660085b62ab9aec66d9f8ce.png

3 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I would like Sanada to win the whole thing but I know that probably won't happen. :mlp_lie:

I mean it could. Better chance than many of the participants. I'm guessing this'll be the year they start focusing on his singles push. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

I mean it could. Better chance than many of the participants. I'm guessing this'll be the year they start focusing on his singles push. 

I hope so. I think Sanada could make a good mid-card singles champion. 

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I hope so. I think Sanada could make a good mid-card singles champion. 

More than that. I think they're slowly grooming him to be a world champ. He's still pretty young. 

• Brohoof 1

More than that. I think they're slowly grooming him to be a world champ. He's still pretty young. 

Sanada looks like a presentable world champion, IMO. 

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Sanada looks like a presentable world champion, IMO. 

He was a part of the G1 'handsome battle' against Ibushi. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

Suzuki would just take the crown. No one would dare to take it away from him. :mlp_lie:

Though he might be the type to take 'handsome' as an insult. How dare we call him only handsome.

• Brohoof 1

Though he might be the type to take 'handsome' as an insult. How dare we call him only handsome.

I bet if we called Suzuki "the best" he would find a way to take that as an insult as well. 

I bet if we called Suzuki "the best" he would find a way to take that as an insult as well. 

That would mean comparing him to inferior beings. And he wouldn't want to be associated with such company. 

He's the perfect wrestling villain. Someone who's not only detestable, but legitimately terrifying. 

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

He's the perfect wrestling villain. Someone who's not only detestable, but legitimately terrifying. 

I think it's Suzuki's hairstyle combined with his resting grimace that intimidates me the most. :sealed:

I think it's Suzuki's hairstyle combined with his resting grimace that intimidates me the most. :sealed:

Not his legitimate fighting background and near immunity to pain?  

• Brohoof 1

That, too. Scary face just wins overall. :mlp_please:

That does help. One of the few over looked aspects of a wrestlers performance. The facial expressions. 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

That does help. One of the few over looked aspects of a wrestlers performance. The facial expressions. 

Kane was super intimidating during the beginning of his run & we never saw his facial expressions. 

Kane was super intimidating during the beginning of his run & we never saw his facial expressions. 

I dunno. I mean he was cool looking, but even as a kid I didn't think he was intimidating. Something about the mask and the pyro and the bright red colors made him look more like a super hero than a movie monster. 

• Brohoof 1

I dunno. I mean he was cool looking, but even as a kid I didn't think he was intimidating. Something about the mask and the pyro and the bright red colors made him look more like a super hero than a movie monster. 

That's probably because of his tag team with The Hurricane. 

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

That's probably because of his tag team with The Hurricane. 

Oh no this was before that. This was back during his inferno match with the Undertaker. even then I thought he looked more like a good guy than the Undertaker did. Though years later I did see him have a match against Hurricane and I wasn't sure who was supposed to be face/heel during that match, especially back then when Kane was doing ads for Chef Boyardi. 

• Brohoof 1