Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

If you think about it, what's really the difference? 

One is part of a great franchise that millions of people enjoy...The other is Impact Wrestling. :P

Which, is sad because for a few years TNA Wrestling was the alternative to WWE. :blush:

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

One is part of a great franchise that millions of people enjoy...The other is Impact Wrestling. :P

Which, is sad because for a few years TNA Wrestling was the alternative to WWE. :blush:

Arguably, that's what's happening again. Impact has been a more mature broadcast from what I've heard, and with their move to Pursuit, a hunting channel, they're gonna try to target that male demographic more by becoming even grittier. So, Lucha Underground. 

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Arguably, that's what's happening again. Impact has been a more mature broadcast from what I've heard, and with their move to Pursuit, a hunting channel, they're gonna try to target that male demographic more by becoming even grittier. So, Lucha Underground. 

I don't have a problem with Impact trying to be a more dark and gritty product. Just wish I could watch it.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Thunderstrike said:

I don't have a problem with Impact trying to be a more dark and gritty product. Just wish I could watch it.

Well if you have POP TV, best to watch them when you can there, cause there about to be more exclusive this year. Best bet is to just search them up on Dailymotion.

1 hour ago, A.V. said:

What a way to kick off 2019...

An icon of our industry and the voice for an entire generation of fans. He set the gold- no, the platinum standard for broadcast journalism in wrestling.

May his legacy live on. 

See the source image

• Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

What a way to kick off 2019...

An icon of our industry and the voice for an entire generation of fans. He set the gold- no, the platinum standard for broadcast journalism in wrestling.

May his legacy live on. 

See the source image

Another part of my early wrestling fandom gone. :blush: Rest in Peace "Mean" Gene. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

I saw an Inside Edition tribute to Mean Gene. The most poignant part was seeing him with several wrestlers who have already died, with Randy Savage and Andre being the most prominent. 

• Brohoof 3

830967077_Tanavs.Omega.png.d2fe675dc824a499e0b36de59886a0ff.png

WrestleKingdom is tomorrow morning folks! start time is 2am EST for the pre-show. So be very wary of spoilers throughout the day. 

Vote your predictions in the polls above. 

Also don't forget to catch the New Years Dash event the next night. It's New Japan's Raw after Mania equivalent, as well as when we're getting Bullet Club vs. The winners of the Pre-Show gauntlet for the Openweight Trios tag titles. 

Monthly subscription to New Japan world only costs $9.27 USD. Cheaper then the WWE Network. 

So subscribe and support! 

https://njpwworld.com/

• Brohoof 1

Here's the big pep rally/ press conference hosted by AEW. Just down the road from tonight's Smackdown. 

All. Elite. 

All all. Elite. 

Now if you're too lazy to watch, here are the take aways:

• May 25th. MGM Grand. Las Vegas. All In II: Double Or Nothing. That's a 17,000+ seater. 
  • SCU (Frankie Kazarian, Scorpio Sky & Christopher Daniels) have  signed. 
  • Partnership with Chinese fed OWE for a talent exchange. 
  • Britt Baker has been signed. 
  • The Miz Maxwell Jacob Freedman, Penellope Ford and Joey Janella have signed. 
  • Adrian Neville PAC has signed. And it looks like he'll be fighting Hangman Paige for whatever championship AEW conceives.
  • AEW's second event will be in Jacksonville. A good chunk of proceeds will go to the victims of gun violence. 
  • Chris Jericho has signed.  
  • Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Now if you're too lazy to watch, here are the take aways:

Thank You, I appreciate it. 

2 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:
  • May 25th. MGM Grand. Las Vegas. All In II: Double Or Nothing. That's a 17,000+ seater. 
  • SCU (Frankie Kazarian, Scorpio Sky & Christopher Daniels) have  signed. 
  • Partnership with Chinese fed OWE for a talent exchange. 
  • Britt Baker has been signed. 
  • The Miz Maxwell Jacob Freedman, Penellope Ford and Joey Janella have signed. 
  • Adrian Neville PAC has signed. And it looks like he'll be fighting Hangman Paige for whatever championship AEW conceives.
  • AEW's second event will be in Jacksonville. A good chunk of proceeds will go to the victims of gun violence. 
  • Chris Jericho has signed.  

1. Wow. They must've had this in the works fo a while then. 
  2. SCU! Woo! Woo! Woo!
  3. Cool! I like when wrestling companies have partnerships. 
  4. She has a cool look. 
  5. I've heard of Joey Janella. I don't know the other two.
  6. Not a big fan of PAC but good for him. 
  7. Good for them.
  8. The Evolution of Jericho continues. 
  • Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I've heard of Joey Janella. I don't know the other two.

Ford is Joey's manager. MJF is a relatively new talent. He fought Matt Cross (AKA Son of Havoc) on the first match of All In. 

• Brohoof 1

What classic (pre-1990) belt designs would you have for your wrestling company? You May have: 

• A world title
  • A mid card title (regional, national, continental, TV. Etc) 
  • A set of tag titles 
  • One miscellaneous belt (women's, weight class, herritage belt, brass knuckles championship, etc) 

Now get cracking!

For example, mine would be: 

NWA International heavyweight championship

1954062049_nwainternational.png.020d5cc2e8c55d1d6dee87142261fa01.png

Image result for nwa international heavyweight championship

fAh9FMM.jpg

Sorry for three pics but I can't find any with the belt in good condition on it's own. It usually got featured as part of the All Japan triple crown with two other belts. Regardless, it still looks cool. 

See the source image

I kinda miss regional belts. They add a sense of identity and pride in a time of globally connected wrestling, and this title exemplifies it best. 

See the source image

Blue is not used enough in title straps, and I think it complements the classic NWA tag belts well. Those would still look good today. 

Image result for ajpw jr heavyweight championship

And in an age where junior heavyweights weren't taken all that seriously, this belt design sure was. Too bad I couldn't find any good pictures. 

So, I guess the NWA and AJPW had the best belts during the 80s. 

• Brohoof 1

On 1/11/2019 at 5:08 PM, Denim&Venom said:

I have just discovered how frequently championship belt designs are recycled. 

wrestling championships have a very distinct look & it's probably difficult to come up with

a design/shape that is able to stand out while still being recognizable. 

10 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

wrestling championships have a very distinct look & it's probably difficult to come up with

a design/shape that is able to stand out while still being recognizable. 

I mean I get that. Sometimes it just comes down to money and it's cheaper to re-use a previous design. But still, even changing little things like the ornate engravings, positioning of words and images and the side plates would've helped. Heck , I remember whent hey slightly altered the ROH TV title and it looked even more like the WCW Trios tag belt.

• Brohoof 1

NXT TakeOver: Blackpool Results and Opinions

Spoiler

NXT UK Tag Team Championship Match
Moustache Mountain (Trent Seven & Tyler Bate) VS Grizzled Young Veterans (Zack Gibson & James Drake)

Despite the latter still being called "Zack Gibson & James Drake", they're known as GYV in the UK scene.
Way to start the first ever UK TakeOver with one heck of a match with a lot of near falls and "Mamma Mia" moments. Seems legit to give the victory [and the titles] to the Young Veterans as MM are way too pop'd and would have been an obvious finish.

Jordan Devlin VS Travis Banks Finn Balor
Originally it was supposed to be The Ace versus the Kiwi Buzzsaw but prior to the match Banks got injured by the Irishman [Kayfabe], so we got a pseudo fanservice-y entry with Jordan's trainer Finn Balor. I almost feared it would've turned into a squash match but fortunately it turned an enjoyable match ended with Balor's Coup de Grace and the victory over his protégé.

No DQ Match
"Bomber" Dave Mastiff VS Eddie Dennis

No DQ match by the book. Lots of fisicality and strength from both competitors [especially Dennis] and even a little bit of athleticism from the Bomber doing a split legged moonsault [you read that right]. Victory to the big man concluding a somewhat uninteresting storyline.

NXT UK Women's Championship Match
Rhea Ripley VS Toni Storm

Of course the match is all about Toni's redemption run since the injury she got the last match against Ripley. For the record, not having Toni winning the title the first time as a wise decision considering how strong she is from a mark perspective. Now the winner of the MYC 2018 can be crowned the Queen of the UK Women Division.

NXT UK Championship Match
Pete Dunne VS Joe Coffey

The Bruiserweight is for WWE like Kenny Omega for NJPW. He is the Best Bout Machine. Put him in any match with high stakes on hand and an excellent worker and he will take care of it. Really funny match that got everyone on the edge of their seat. Saddens the two botches on the top corner costing a possible 5 Stars from Dave Meltzer.
Not to forget the hype-tastic debut of wXw's Ring General WALTER and a CHampionship Match that's gonna leave a mark this year.