Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

5 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

So, according to Chris Jericho if he wins he *becomes* the IWGP Intercontinental Championship. 

The Evolution of Jericho continues. :orly:

So does that mean there will be two IWGP IC belts? Will he like, merge with the current one? What? 

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

So does that mean there will be two IWGP IC belts? Will he like, merge with the current one? What? 

I think Chris Jericho was rushing and he meant to say he would walk out of Wrestle Kingdom 13 as the IWGP Intercontinental Champion.

I was really hoping he would become a floating championship belt. :P

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I think Chris Jericho was rushing and he meant to say he would walk out of Wrestle Kingdom 13 as the IWGP Intercontinental Champion.

I was really hoping he would become a floating championship belt. :P

That's probably a mod for a game somewhere out there. 

• Brohoof 1

31 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

If Al Snow's "head" could be a playable character in WWF Attitude then, anything is possible. 

Reminds me of all the things either WCW Thunder or Backstage Assault had for unlockable characters. 

• Brohoof 1

48 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

^_^   It was mainly due to their controls not being that great.

I wouldn't know. Only had Nitro and the WCW/nWo games. So I was spared that expense. 

• Brohoof 1

46 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

I wouldn't know. Only had Nitro and the WCW/nWo games. So I was spared that expense. 

Nitro and Thunder both played the same on the original Playstation. 

40 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Nitro and Thunder both played the same on the original Playstation. 

Yeah that was before my time. I retroactively tried my WCW collection. Didn't get into wrestling games until Legends of Wrestling for the X-Box. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

Yeah that was before my time. I retroactively tried my WCW collection. Didn't get into wrestling games until Legends of Wrestling for the X-Box. 

I liked the roster for "Showdown: Legends of Wrestling" (The third game in the series.) but the wrestling gameplay itself wasn't very good, IMO.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

I'd say Showdown: Legends of Wrestling's best parts are that they use actual arenas and the roster is fantastic. I also like that it has 4 costumes for each wrestler and sometimes they can be either a face or heel depending on the costume. One aspect that really gets my attention is that because it's a non WWE video game is that it includes Owen Hart. This is perhaps the last wrestling video game to include him. 

• Brohoof 1

So, I guess the whole John Cena & Nikki Bella WrestleMania proposal storyline will never get a follow-up.

They haven't brought it up in any way since it happened which, makes that whole storyline feel pointless. 

18 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I liked the roster for "Showdown: Legends of Wrestling" (The third game in the series.) but the wrestling gameplay itself wasn't very good, IMO.

7 hours ago, BrawnyCharger said:

I'd say Showdown: Legends of Wrestling's best parts are that they use actual arenas and the roster is fantastic. I also like that it has 4 costumes for each wrestler and sometimes they can be either a face or heel depending on the costume. One aspect that really gets my attention is that because it's a non WWE video game is that it includes Owen Hart. This is perhaps the last wrestling video game to include him. 

Never played Showdown. The only other I played was the second one. And it wasn't very good either. Despite being a sequel, the graphics, animations and gameplay looked worse.  The only things I enjoyed were the soundtrack and the exclusive interviews.

16 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

So, I guess the whole John Cena & Nikki Bella WrestleMania proposal storyline will never get a follow-up.

They haven't brought it up in any way since it happened which, makes that whole storyline feel pointless. 

I'd hesitate to call that a storyline. More like a botched attempt at a WrestleMania moment. 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

I'd hesitate to call that a storyline. More like a botched attempt at a WrestleMania moment. 

Total Divas ratings grab is more like it. :mlp_please:

Edited by Sparklefan1234

6 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Never played Showdown. The only other I played was the second one. And it wasn't very good either. Despite being a sequel, the graphics, animations and gameplay looked worse.  The only things I enjoyed were the soundtrack and the exclusive interviews.

"Showdown" was the same only it had Macho Man Randy Savage and Bobby Heenan, Tony Schiavone & Scott Hudson from WCW on commentary. 

• Brohoof 1

So the full card has been announced for WrestleKingdom 13. 

1. Kenny Omega vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi for the IWGP title
  2. Chris Jericho vs. Tetsuya Naito for the IWGP Intercontinental title
  3. Kazuchika Okada vs. Jay White
  4. KUSHIDA vs. Taiji Ishimori for the IWGP Jr. title
  5. Cody vs. Juice Robinson for the IWGP United States title
  6. Guerrillas of Destiny vs. The Young Bucks vs. EVIL and SANADA for the IWGP tag team titles
  7. Tomohiro Ishii vs. Zack Sabre Jr. for the British Heavyweight title
  8. Yoshinobu Kanemaru and El Desperado vs. Roppongi 3K vs. BUSHI and Shingo Takagi for the IWGP Jr. tag team titles
  9. Kota Ibushi vs. Will Ospreay for the NEVER Openweight title
  10. Pre-Show: A gauntlet match to determine #1 contenders for NEVER six man titles

So who do you think will win on January the 4th? 

• Brohoof 1

Been awhile since i've been here but i wanted to show you something, that i got for my birthday yesterday.

WIN_20181220_13_37_48_Pro.thumb.jpg.ab19cac403fc747a1b22807ff61e595e.jpg

As you may recognize, i hold the winged eagle, WWF Championship title, used between 1988-1998.

This Belt, is neither replica, nor is it from the official merch store. This is an official title used in the year 1997.

In that year, the WWF had several championship Belts scattered across Canada, so that the champ dosen't need to wear the one everywhere he goes. This belt i am wearing, is the one that was used in the region of British Columbia.

Of course you are asking "how can an official title get into my hands?" I will tell you.

During a house show in 1997, Sycho Sid defended his WWF Title against Vader. After the match, Vader, in a fit of rage, broke the belt as a shoot. As you all know, Vader was not very happy with his run in the company, so he let his rage out on the belt.

Backstage, the officials already wanted to throw the Belt into the garbage bin, when a canadian wrestler named Devon Nicholson, who was a wrestler and a promoter in Canada (for example, he promoted alot of TNAs later Canadian tours and wrestled for Carlos Colons WWC Carribean territory) bought the belt out and repaired it.

He kept it for 20 years, until he sold it to my brother, who himself is a former pro wrestler on the european indy circuit. It took 18 months but now it's here and it's in my hand.

The title was held by Sycho Sid, Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels.

I know, story sound ludicrous. But i am telling the truth here.

Edited by Mesme Rize
  • Brohoof 2

17 minutes ago, Mesme Rize said:

Been awhile since i've been here but i wanted to show you something, that i got for my birthday yesterday.

WIN_20181220_13_37_48_Pro.thumb.jpg.ab19cac403fc747a1b22807ff61e595e.jpg

As you may recognize, i hold the winged eagle, WWF Championship title, used between 1988-1998.

This Belt, is neither replica, nor is it from the official merch store. This is an official title used in the year 1997.

In that year, the WWF had several championship Belts scattered across Canada, so that the champ dosen't need to wear the one everywhere he goes. This belt i am wearing, is the one that was used in the region of British Columbia.

Of course you are asking "how can an official title get into my hands?" I will tell you.

During a house show in 1997, Sycho Sid defended his WWF Title against Vader. After the match, Vader, in a fit of rage, broke the belt as a shoot. As you all know, Vader was not very happy with his run in the company, so he let his rage out on the belt.

Backstage, the officials already wanted to throw the Belt into the garbage bin, when a canadian wrestler named Devon Nicholson, who was a wrestler and a promoter in Canada (for example, he promoted alot of TNAs later Canadian tours and wrestled for Carlos Colons WWC Carribean territory) bought the belt out and repaired it.

He kept it for 20 years, until he sold it to my brother, who himself is a former pro wrestler on the european indy circuit. It took 18 months but now it's here and it's in my hand.

The title was held by Sycho Sid, Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels.

I know, story sound ludicrous. But i am telling the truth here.

Got a certificate?

1 minute ago, Denim&Venom said:

Got a certificate?

Sorry, nothing of that sort.

All i got is my word.

9 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

How are you so sure that it's real then? 

2 reasons

1. The Belt is not 100%. The leather is way thicker and heavier then the usual WWF Belts and 1-2 plates are a tiny bit off. Devon Nicholson repaired the Belt himself, eventhough he had no experience with this.

2. My Brother who got the Belt never lied to me my whole Life, as he is one of the earliest friends i ever had. I would put my hand into the fire for him, if it's a matter of life and death.

I don't care if you believe me or not. All i can say is that it's the real deal and that's that.