Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

6 minutes ago, Literatel said:

Apparently, a proper script wasn't even written for last week's RAW! The superstars were just given basic guidelines and that's it; it was just a throwaway episode.

Well, we'd better get used to them, as WWE has stated they will continue to use these real-life events in their storylines. "It's just business" they say. Honestly, I am 0% invested in Dean vs Seth; there are even rumors their fued will be dropped soon. All I do know (and that is unrelated to this storyline) is that Seth will never be Universal Champion or WWE Champion again, as WWE have supposedly recently listed him as injury prone. :okiedokieloki:

I don't; I just Google "WWE News" and check in on it every so often.

Also, Bray Wyatt's character change? Not happening. When he returns, he'll be the same old Bray.

True, very true. But Vince does dislike Cesaro a whole bunch.

I seriously dislike how WWE is still 100% invested in nostalgia matches and in building up part-timers and near-retired wrestlers, deeming most of their young superstars (minus Charlotte and Reigns) as "unfit" to take the brass ring.

Unfortunately WWE is making more money than ever without the fans. Sponsors, advertisers, networks, the FOX deal, their stock price and that sweet Saudi oil money have made them turn a blind eye to the consumer. And if it ain't broke, don't fix it. 

Best we can do is support something else. I'm sure Ring Of Honor, Progress, Impact, New Japan, PWG, Lucha Underground, WXW, DDT and All Japan would love our patronage. 

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Unfortunately WWE is making more money than ever without the fans. Sponsors, advertisers, networks, the FOX deal, their stock price and that sweet Saudi oil money have made them turn a blind eye to the consumer. And if it ain't broke, don't fix it. 

Best we can do is support something else. I'm sure Ring Of Honor, Progress, Impact, New Japan, PWG, Lucha Underground, WXW, DDT and All Japan would love our patronage. 

Very true. Not to mention that WWE will be bringing back the XLF in 2020, and that WWE Superstars are but walking margeting advertisements nowadays, continuously advertising T-shirts and other merchandise.

That is until WWE turns its greedy eye towards those companies...

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Literatel said:

Very true. Not to mention that WWE will be bringing back the XLF in 2020, and that WWE Superstars are but walking margeting advertisements nowadays, continuously advertising T-shirts and other merchandise.

That is until WWE turns its greedy eye towards those companies...

If you think about it, that's really wrestling in its essence. Sure, WWE has prefered Marketing over wrestling ability and skill. But, every other fed out there markets their stars as well. It's a fine line that they have to walk to avoid becoming the conglomerate that WWE has unfortunately become.

• Brohoof 2

10 hours ago, TheRockARooster said:

I wanna know why WWE is using Starrcade and WarGames which are WCW creations.

I'm just glad they're using WCW's names again instead of letting their legacy fade away completely. :mlp_rarity:

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I'm just glad they're using WCW's names again instead of letting their legacy fade away completely. :mlp_rarity:

I agree. I'm glad the resorected the WarGames concept. I wish there was more to Starrcade than it just being a glorified house show.

• Brohoof 1

Night 4 done. Rankings updated.

Spoiler
  • Killer Elite Squad- 4
  • ZSJ & Taichi- 2
  • Best Friends- 4
  • Nakanishi & Nagata-2 
  • Road Wives- 2
  • Gorillas Of Destiny- 4
  • Evil & Sanada- 4
  • Suzuki & Iizuka- 0
  • Yoshida & Umino- 0
  • Hangman & Takahashi- 0
  • Ishii & Yano- 2
  • Hanare & Makabe- 2
  • TenCozy- 2
  • Cobb & Elgin- 0

• Brohoof 1

21 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Omega vs. Fenix! 

That was a pretty good match. 

*Spoilers*

Spoiler

I was  a bit disappointed Kenny Omega wasn't able to perform the One Winged Angel onto Fenix from the top turnbuckle. :o

I'm a wrestling fan. If I can pick my favorite wrestlers, they would be(and in no particular order and current favorites): Andrade 'Cien' Almas, Aleister Black, Becky Lynch, Cody Rhodes and Ember Moon. Mostly WWE I know but that's the company I got into which help me get into the wrestling in the first place. My old favorites were Jeff Hardy, Undertaker, Rey Mysterio and John Morrison(or Johnny Nitro before that name). 

So far, NXT has to be my favorite thing to watch. Their Takeover shows are amazing. Kind of wish the Main Roster PPVs were more wrestling than 'comedy cringe' (Survivor Series 2018, Drake Mavrick's 'incident'). 

Edit: By the way, in case there's a PPV coming up, is there a chat for the wrestling fans and talk about? Like I wished to talk about the insane stuff that happens like from NXT: Takeover War Games. Thatll be (too) sweet. 

Edited by JPunx
I didn't want to make a 2nd post.
  • Brohoof 2

22 hours ago, JPunx said:

Edit: By the way, in case there's a PPV coming up, is there a chat for the wrestling fans and talk about? Like I wished to talk about the insane stuff that happens like from NXT: Takeover War Games. Thatll be (too) sweet. 

There's the wrestletalk discord server. They're pretty popular. 

https://discordapp.com/channels/478990403287384074/478996296150155264

On an unrelated note, look at what I found everypony!

2 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

There's the wrestletalk discord server. They're pretty popular. 

https://discordapp.com/channels/478990403287384074/478996296150155264

I meant specifically from the MLP community. ^^; And I do watch their content along with Cultaholic(though I watch more of WrestleTalk because I find them slightly more entertaining. After all, Oli is not like most girls). 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, JPunx said:

I meant specifically from the MLP community. ^^; And I do watch their content along with Cultaholic(though I watch more of WrestleTalk because I find them slightly more entertaining. After all, Oli is not like most girls). 

Well not really, since most of the time people around here don't like being spoiled and watch the events at different times. So we have an informal 24-48 hour spoiler ban. Which is kinda uncondusive to wrestling disscussion. 

Night 5-7 done. Rankings updated.

Spoiler
  • Killer Elite Squad- 6
  • ZSJ & Taichi- 4
  • Best Friends- 6
  • Nakanishi & Nagata-2 
  • Road Wives- 6
  • Gorillas Of Destiny- 6
  • Evil & Sanada- 6
  • Suzuki & Iizuka- 2
  • Yoshida & Umino- 0
  • Tokyo Pimps- 4
  • Ishii & Yano- 6
  • Hanare & Makabe- 2
  • TenCozy- 4
  • Cobb & Elgin- 2

• Brohoof 1

So here's a question:

Who are your top 10 wrestlers/ teams that should've won gold with their wrestling company, any gold at all, Before leaving.

For example:

• Tony Halme / Ludvig Borga (wwf) 
  • Scott Norton (wcw) 
  • Elijah Burke (wwe/tna) 
  • Sean O'hare (wwe) 
  • Austin Aires (wwe)
  • Mike Awesome (wcw)
  • Bam Bam Bigelow (wwf)
  • Vader (wwf)
  • Daffney (tna)
  • Generation Me (tna)
  • Brohoof 1

On 11/23/2018 at 6:55 AM, Sparklefan1234 said:

I would rather them never mention them at all because when they do, they always s*** on them and bury them.

Look at Sting at WrestleMania 31, complete burial and disrespect to WCW.

8 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Who are your top 10 wrestlers/ teams that should've won gold with their wrestling company, any gold at all, Before leaving.

There is only one answer for me: Curt Hennig: WWF/WCW Champion 

3 hours ago, TheRockARooster said:

I would rather them never mention them at all because when they do, they always s*** on them and bury them.

Look at Sting at WrestleMania 31, complete burial and disrespect to WCW.

And look at WWE Starrcade! It's nothing more than a glorified house show! :okiedokieloki: And apparently, Shawn Michaels (along with other part-timers) are going to be working quite a few dates in the future.

Edited by Literatel
  • Brohoof 1