Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

Speaking of which, behold WWF No Mercy's #1 momen

I always thought it was weird that if you played as Triple H in the story mode, that he'd be replaced by Steven Richards of all people as the WWF Champion. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

Alright. Massive mega post to get caught up

I think New Japan Pro Wrestling is the true number 2 promotion in the world and not TNA.

I don't think that's unreasonable at all? Since when has TNA ever done a dome show? Heck, whenever they did partake in one, it was as a guest of NJPW at Wrestlekingdom. NJPW, definitely runner up for biggest company.

Heck, you can argue TNA aren't even in the top 5 anymore. CMLL, AAA, maybe even NOAH or AJPW are probably bigger at this point. They may not even be #2 in the states. Cause if you go by viewership, Ring Of Honor has them beat by at least 50,000 to as much as 150,000, thanks to syndication on Sinclar broadcasting and taking TNA's spot on Destination America (though that is as of Dec '15.)

Who're your favorite wrestlers?

-Claudio "Cesaro" Castagnoli

-AJ Styles

-Kevin "Owens" Steen

-El Generico

-Sami Zayn

-Tyler "Seth 'Freakin' Rollins" Black

-Daniel Bryan Danielson

-Pentagon Jr.

-Prince Puma

-Fenix

-Drago

-Brian Cage

-Son Of Havoc

-Mil Muertes

-Kenny Omega

-Shinsuke Nakamura

-Kazuchika Okada

-Katsuyouri Shibata

-Kyle O'Reily

-Bobby Fish

-Jason Cincaid

-Caprice Coleman 

-Barbarnarro Cavarnario

Don't know if this has been asked before, but what's everyone's favorite tag teams/partners/stables/groups?

Teams

-ReDragon

-Young Bucks

-American Wolves

-War Machine

-Killer Elite Squad

-Motor City Machine Guns

-The Revival

-American Alpha

-Ciampa & Gargano

-Cesaro & Kidd

-Outlaw Inc (Homicide & Eddie Kingston)

Groups

-World Wide Underground (Jonny Mundo (John Morrison), PJ Black (Justin Gabriel), Jack Evans)

-The Elite (Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks/ Adam Cole & The Young Bucks

-The Shield

Partnerships

-Barbaro Cavarnario & Shinsuke Nakamura

-Cesaro & Adrian Neville

-Kevin Steen & Cliff Compton 

-Rey Mysterio & Matt Sydal

Factions

-Straight Edge Society

-Second City Saints

-Bullet Club

-Chaos

-The Gathering

-Sweet & Sour Inc.

Don't know if this has been asked before, but what's everyone's favorite tag teams/partners/stables/groups?

CM Punks old ROH theme was just epic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5-YgDUSskM

And Christopher Daniels should've this theme stateside

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FeAdoBAdQI

I'm curious, if this is the wrestling thread are we allowed to talk about wrestling video games here, too?

-SD vs. Raw. Especially after I go all game shark on it. After that it's a toss up between '06-'09. Wasn't a fan of '10. Even less of '11. So I stopped buying. 

So with all that out of the way, here's a fun booking scenario. Book an 11 match dream card, using anyone from any promotion in history, everyone in their prime, but only those wrestlers that have never won a world title in WWE (Universal & wwECW titles don't count). So no Hogan/Austin, Sting/Taker, or Kevin Nash/Great Khali.

For those that are interested:

-The Revival vs. The American Wolves

-Taz vs. Tomohiro Ishii

-Katsuyori Shibata vs. Hideo Itami 

-Kazuchika Okada vs. Nigel McGuinness 

-Austin Aries vs. Kenny Omega

-Mike Awesome vs. Micheal Elgin 

-Bray Wyatt vs. Kevin Steen

-Samoa Joe vs. Dan Severn

-Cesaro vs. Brian Cage

-Pentagon Jr. vs. Shinsuke Nakamura 

-Ricky Steamboat vs. AJ Styles

• Brohoof 2

Alright. Massive mega post to get caught up

I don't think that's unreasonable at all? Since when has TNA ever done a dome show? Heck, whenever they did partake in one, it was as a guest of NJPW at Wrestlekingdom. NJPW, definitely runner up for biggest company.

Heck, you can argue TNA aren't even in the top 5 anymore. CMLL, AAA, maybe even NOAH or AJPW are probably bigger at this point. They may not even be #2 in the states. Cause if you go by viewership, Ring Of Honor has them beat by at least 50,000 to as much as 150,000, thanks to syndication on Sinclar broadcasting and taking TNA's spot on Destination America (though that is as of Dec '15.)

-Claudio "Cesaro" Castagnoli

-AJ Styles

-Kevin "Owens" Steen

-El Generico

-Sami Zayn

-Tyler "Seth 'Freakin' Rollins" Black

-Daniel Bryan Danielson

-Pentagon Jr.

-Prince Puma

-Fenix

-Drago

-Brian Cage

-Son Of Havoc

-Mil Muertes

-Kenny Omega

-Shinsuke Nakamura

-Kazuchika Okada

-Katsuyouri Shibata

-Kyle O'Reily

-Bobby Fish

-Jason Cincaid

-Caprice Coleman 

-Barbarnarro Cavarnario

Teams

-ReDragon

-Young Bucks

-American Wolves

-War Machine

-Killer Elite Squad

-Motor City Machine Guns

-The Revival

-American Alpha

-Ciampa & Gargano

-Cesaro & Kidd

-Outlaw Inc (Homicide & Eddie Kingston)

Groups

-World Wide Underground (Jonny Mundo (John Morrison), PJ Black (Justin Gabriel), Jack Evans)

-The Elite (Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks/ Adam Cole & The Young Bucks

-The Shield

Partnerships

-Barbaro Cavarnario & Shinsuke Nakamura

-Cesaro & Adrian Neville

-Kevin Steen & Cliff Compton 

-Rey Mysterio & Matt Sydal

Factions

-Straight Edge Society

-Second City Saints

-Bullet Club

-Chaos

-The Gathering

-Sweet & Sour Inc.

CM Punks old ROH theme was just epic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5-YgDUSskM

And Christopher Daniels should've this theme stateside

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FeAdoBAdQI

-SD vs. Raw. Especially after I go all game shark on it. After that it's a toss up between '06-'09. Wasn't a fan of '10. Even less of '11. So I stopped buying. 

So with all that out of the way, here's a fun booking scenario. Book an 11 match dream card, using anyone from any promotion in history, everyone in their prime, but only those wrestlers that have never won a world title in WWE (Universal & wwECW titles don't count). So no Hogan/Austin, Sting/Taker, or Kevin Nash/Great Khali.

For those that are interested:

-The Revival vs. The American Wolves

-Taz vs. Tomohiro Ishii

-Katsuyori Shibata vs. Hideo Itami 

-Kazuchika Okada vs. Nigel McGuinness 

-Austin Aries vs. Kenny Omega

-Mike Awesome vs. Micheal Elgin 

-Bray Wyatt vs. Kevin Steen

-Samoa Joe vs. Dan Severn

-Cesaro vs. Brian Cage

-Pentagon Jr. vs. Shinsuke Nakamura 

-Ricky Steamboat vs. AJ Styles

Just curious. Are you more of a fan of the new wrestling than the old?

Just curious. Are you more of a fan of the new wrestling than the old?

I am. Watched off an on from '98-'02, but didn't get hooked till '06. Older stuff usually doesn't really impress me. I watched stuff like Hogan/Warrior, Piper/Flair, HBK/Hart, and they bored me. The action never really riveted me till I went back and saw some of the attitude era stuff, and I wasn't blown away till I saw ROH & TNA stuff. 

I am. Watched off an on from '98-'02, but didn't get hooked till '06. Older stuff usually doesn't really impress me. I watched stuff like Hogan/Warrior, Piper/Flair, HBK/Hart, and they bored me. The action never really riveted me till I went back and saw some of the attitude era stuff, and I wasn't blown away till I saw ROH & TNA stuff. 

Yeah, it's kinda the same for me, with an exception to Hart vs HBK. Their 60 minute iron man match was pretty good. Would've been better if Hart didn't spend the first 20 minutes of the fight latching on to Michaels with a headlock. The Attitude Era is probably the best era of wrestling. 

Edited by Evans Blue
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, it's kinda the same for me, with an exception to Hart vs HBK. Their 60 minute iron man match was pretty good. Would've been better if Hart didn't spend the first 20 minutes of the fight latching on to Michaels with a headlock.

I know there are probably good ones (Savage/Steamboat, Hart/Perfect, a bunch of NJPW stuff). But I don't really have the time w/ current stuff, and catching up on.

• Brohoof 1

I know there are probably good ones (Savage/Steamboat, Hart/Perfect, a bunch of NJPW stuff). But I don't really have the time w/ current stuff, and catching up on.

I just don't know where to begin with wrestling. It's not like a tv show that you can watch in order. There's just so many "episodes" that it's crazy. Don't get me wrong. I've watched plenty of matches before, but it'd be nice to watch them in order so I can understand the story better.

• Brohoof 1

I just don't know where to begin with wrestling. It's not like a tv show that you can watch in order. There's just so many "episodes" that it's crazy. Don't get me wrong. I've watched plenty of matches before, but it'd be nice to watch them in order so I can understand the story better.

Agreed. Best way is to just dive in headfirst. Kind of my issue w/ my NJPW subscription. All sorts of matches dating back to the 70s. But where to begin?

Though for getting into specific promotions, the best way to get introduced is during a battle royal. You learn who everyone is. 

• Brohoof 1

Are women not allowed or are they eligible?

Are women not allowed or are they eligible?

To my knowledge, all of them are eligible. Unless one of them managed to win the big gold at a secret house show. Then she's exempt. 

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 1

To my knowledge, all of them are eligible. Unless one of them managed to win the big gold at a secret house show. Then she's exempt. 

Ha, ha. Thanks for clearing that up.

I know this isn't very good but, here goes: 

1. Neville vs John Morrison

2. The New Age Outlaws vs Enzo Amore and  Colin Cassidy

3. Curt Hennig & "Ravishing" Rick Rude vs "The Model" Rick Martel & Tyler Breeze

4. Melina & Sasha Banks vs Mickie James and Bayley

5. Johnny Gargano vs Tommaso Ciampa

6. Samoa Joe vs Cesaro (I don't know if this counts.)

7. Luke Gallows vs Rhino

8. Zack Saber Jr. vs Tyson Kidd

9. Bray Wyatt vs Golddust 

10. Brian Pillman vs Sami Zayn

11. AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

Anyone else think that Shane McMahon should've broken the Undertaker's streak?

A guy, who defeated Wrestlers like Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Diesel, Randy Orton, Triple H, CM Punk, Edge and Batista, should drop the streak to a none Wrestler, who gets nothing out of it and would be totally unrealistic?

Sorry, as much as i like Shane, this is just not clever booking. Fans might not have liked Lesnar beating Taker, but it makes sense.

• Brohoof 1

Who here are getting WWE 2K17?

I am. I'm  SO excited to use "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles for real this time instead of having to create him. sig-4664009.mlp-tadorkable.png

And Curt Hennig, Trish Stratus and Christian are in, too. If this roster had Kurt Angle then, it'd be perfect for me.

Anyone else think that Shane McMahon should've broken the Undertaker's streak?

Didn't Brock already do that a couple of years before?

Edited by Sparklefan1234

A guy, who defeated Wrestlers like Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Diesel, Randy Orton, Triple H, CM Punk, Edge and Batista, should drop the streak to a none Wrestler, who gets nothing out of it and would be totally unrealistic?

Sorry, as much as i like Shane, this is just not clever booking. Fans might not have liked Lesnar beating Taker, but it makes sense.

It's just that Shane lost many times in his career, it would've been nice to see him take down the Deadman. But, yeah you're right. It would be unrealistic as Shane has been beaten by weaker foes.

That's debatable.

• Brohoof 1

That's debatable.

It really isn't.

Shane got boxing and kick boxing lessons by Phil Nurse. Who was a muay Thai fighter and that's pretty much it. What Shane is, is pretty much a glorified stuntman, who knows a few wrestling moves.

I am sorry, but i stay with my statement. He never got proper Wrestling training.

• Brohoof 1

Shane is, is pretty much a glorified stuntman, who knows a few wrestling moves.

This is true sadly.

But, despite all of that I still find everything he does entertaining....

Well, except for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV4KPnh6ErE

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

This is true sadly.

But, despite all of that I still find everything he does entertaining....

Well, except for this:

<a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="https://derpicdn.net/img/view/2015/11/4/1016219__safe_solo_twilight+sparkle_hat_angry_wwe_cap_sweatband_john+cena_you+can"href="https://derpicdn.net/img/view/2015/11/4/1016219__safe_solo_twilight+sparkle_hat_angry_wwe_cap_sweatband_john+cena_you+can" t+see+me.png"="">1016219__safe_solo_twilight+sparkle_hat_angry_wwe_cap_sweatband_john+cena_you+can't+see+me.png

i never said that i don't. I remember that my first PPV i saw, was Summerslam 2000. I saw how Shane dropped from 20 feet high, during the Hardcore title match against Steve Blackman. That was incredibly entertaining and really made me appreciate Shane.

He can't wrestle well, but he is entertaining and his heart is in the right place. :)

• Brohoof 1

It really isn't.

Shane got boxing and kick boxing lessons by Phil Nurse. Who was a muay Thai fighter and that's pretty much it. What Shane is, is pretty much a glorified stuntman, who knows a few wrestling moves.

I am sorry, but i stay with my statement. He never got proper Wrestling training.

I think it's rude to call him a glorified stuntman. I'd at least call him an entertainer. 

Also, where do you think he'd be if he did get proper wrestling training? Do you think he'd of won a lot more of his matches?

• Brohoof 1

I think it's rude to call him a glorified stuntman. I'd at least call him an entertainer. 

Also, where do you think he'd be if he did get proper wrestling training? Do you think he'd of won a lot more of his matches?

Okay, let's call him an entertainer, for the sake of respect towards him. :)

And yes, maybe. Especially considering he is a mcmahon. Vince would've probably pushed him to the top, considering he is bias towards certain people. :P

@@Mesme Rize,

Sorry, I posted a video of him fighting Randy Orton on Raw and said I didn't like that.

but, I guess the link didn't go through.

Don't worry, i know what you meant and i agree with you. :P

• Brohoof 2