Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general questions What is a signature?

Microphone Starlight
Go to solution Solved by Lightwing,

It's the messages/images you can have appear underneath your posts.

Mine just has a few links in it, but to most people it means a larger sort of banner that you can make.

A signature is an attachment to your posts. If you look down below at the bottom of my post, you will see my signature there. (it's the part that has an image and links)

You don't absolutely need a signature but they do look nice, plus they're a convenient way to stash links without putting them all over your About Me.

(edited)

Signatures are used to describe the area below your posts. Sometimes, you'll see banners under user's posts, and these are commonly referred to as signatures. These banners are usually created using a program such as Paint.NET, GIMP, or Photoshop (web-based creators exist, but they're a bit limiting on what you can do). You can either create one yourself, or have someone else make one for you (there are many request shops on this forum that specialize in signature creating). Also, keep in mind that normal users are restricted to having a maximum size of 600 x 100 pixels for their signature, while donors/subscribers/staff are allowed 600 x 200 pixels.

If you want to set up a signature, first obtain the image via one of the methods listed above. Then, you'll want to get the image address. If the signature is not already uploaded somewhere, just go to a site such as imgur.com or postimage.org and upload the image there. Then, right click the image and copy the image address. Next, you'll want to click the arrow next to your username in the top right corner of this site, and click "My Settings." The site will direct you to your settings page where you can click the "Signature" button on the left side. This is where you edit your signature, and can upload the image using the "Image" button in the text editor.

Apart from images, signatures are also helpful to conveniently store links to various things (e.g. a link to your OC's profile).

Hope this helps! :)

Edited by Blue Moon

What is a Signature?

'Signatures' contain information that you want to include at the bottom of all your forum posts. This might include pictures, links to your site(s), quotes, etc.

All signatures must follow the rules within the Global Rules.

How do you get a Signature?

This FAQ may give you help about where to get a signature,which can normally be requested on the Request Guild,where many people tends to offer free signatures to people who wants them.

How do i put my new signature?

First of all,let's get the picture that you want to use,with a quote and an hyperlink,using my own signature as an example:

ygEV9BE.jpg

Credit for the signature to !

What do you think of me?

The next step is go to "My Settings",and,then,to "Signature",where you can edit your Signature:

img-3549338-2-NVsP6cQl.jpg

There,you can use the multiple options that are offered to edit your signature,like placing your text/picture to the left,right,center...and using different text fonts.

Edit what you want to edit (as long as it doesn't go against the rules),and,once you're done,press Save Changes.

What rules do I need to know before putting a signature?

The first and most important of all are the Global Rules.

When you acknownledged them,you should also watch for a few limitations that Signatures have,which can be known with this other FAQ.

Anything else that I should know?

No,not much.If you followed all the steps correctly,you should have a new brand signature. :-)

• Brohoof 3

• 4 weeks later...