Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Scootaloo's potential

ManaMinori

Since Scoots is my favorite CMC (with Babs following close behind), let's take a moment to discuss what potential she has. A lot of people see her as being handica- aaaaah.....handicapable, with how she's a flightless pegasus and all. Though many also seem to believe she will eventually learn to fly. Personally, I'd like to see her never being able to fly (or get her cutie mark), but realizing that she can get by without flying, and still be happy. However, the potential for her I'd really like to see in the near future is trying to get lessons from a pony who seems to have the same wing techinque that she does. To achieve lift, we see that most other pegasi beat their wings as a slower pace than Scoots does. However, in the episode "Filly Vanilli", we're introduced to a cute little filly named Zipporwhill who flaps the same way Scoots does, and can achieve lift as well. I'd love for Zipp and Scoots to have an episode together, to try and solve Scoots' "problem". (also, since Fluttershy is also a weak flier, I'd like to see Scoots and her in an 'self help' episode, as well)

But what potential might Scootaloo have in the distant future, being unable to fly, and without a cutie mark, to tell her where her what she's meant to do in life? Well, I think as the MLP:FIM series draws to a close, Scoots - having been introduced to Daring Do, and see she's her idol's idol, could decide to leave Ponyville, and her friends behind (knowing now that the chances of them obtaining their marks together and doing the same thing is impossible), and seek out adventure with Daring, opening herself up for more possibilities, discoveries, and the wild adventure she seems to enjoy (likely after Dash gets into the Wonderbolts and has less time to hang with her, anyway)

Discuss: Potential for Scoots in the present timeline? Potential in the future?

Since Scoots is my favorite CMC (with Babs following close behind), let's take a moment to discuss what potential she has. A lot of people see her as being handica- aaaaah.....handicapable, with how she's a flightless pegasus and all. Though many also seem to believe she will eventually learn to fly. Personally, I'd like to see her never being able to fly (or get her cutie mark), but realizing that she can get by without flying, and still be happy. However, the potential for her I'd really like to see in the near future is trying to get lessons from a pony who seems to have the same wing techinque that she does. To achieve lift, we see that most other pegasi beat their wings as a slower pace than Scoots does. However, in the episode "Filly Vanilli", we're introduced to a cute little filly named Zipporwhill who flaps the same way Scoots does, and can achieve lift as well. I'd love for Zipp and Scoots to have an episode together, to try and solve Scoots' "problem". (also, since Fluttershy is also a weak flier, I'd like to see Scoots and her in an 'self help' episode, as well)

But what potential might Scootaloo have in the distant future, being unable to fly, and without a cutie mark, to tell her where her what she's meant to do in life? Well, I think as the MLP:FIM series draws to a close, Scoots - having been introduced to Daring Do, and see she's her idol's idol, could decide to leave Ponyville, and her friends behind (knowing now that the chances of them obtaining their marks together and doing the same thing is impossible), and seek out adventure with Daring, opening herself up for more possibilities, discoveries, and the wild adventure she seems to enjoy (likely after Dash gets into the Wonderbolts and has less time to hang with her, anyway)

Discuss: Potential for Scoots in the present timeline? Potential in the future?

Not being able to fly? That's cold.  :wacko:

Oh, I like the idea of a Fluttershy&Scootaloo episode.

However I think she'll be able to fly someday. Plus I don't think she'll get her cutie mark in the same episode as where she learns how to fly, I think both will be unrelated, though they'll both happen at some point.

I'm not a fan of your idea with Daring Do, I think Scootaloo would hinder her more than anything else.

Edited by Blobulle

Yeah, people seemed to have the misconception that Pegasi fly naturally. they do not, their wings could not support their bodies, and their bodies are not aerodynamic. They use magic to fly.

its a cartoon, so physics don't apply to them apparently. I don't really see that theory being applicable in their case. 

its a cartoon, so physics don't apply to them apparently. I don't really see that theory being applicable in their case. 

Actually, the show actually specifically says Pegasus fly by magic, which is why Tirek was able to steal their magic and thus ground them.

Actually, the show actually specifically says Pegasus fly by magic, which is why Tirek was able to steal their magic and thus ground them.

Oh yeah, i forgot. whoops...Now i feel like an idiot.  :please:

I don't think its a deficiency , its just she doesn't know how to use it.

Well, I think Scoots has plenty of potential, though in a similar manner to the Dazzlings, I think she works best in her group. Granted she has had a few standout solo episodes that are among the best in the series, but I'd be wary of her leaving and joining up with Daring Do as you mention.

However I will agree she has great potential; considering her circumstances. I'd love to see what the writers can come up with in the future. :)

I think that she will eventually learn to fly but not that she will be wonderbolt level. Average or Fluttershy level at best because she probably has a deficiency in Pegasus magic which allows them to fly.

Clearly her talent is using that scooter of her so maybe she can become a professional at that? Like we have in the real world with skateboarders.

I wouldn't mind her never being able to fly, seems like a good idea (Story-wise) to me...xP

But I also wouldn't mind her actually being able to fly one day, either.

(And dem wings doe. It's a good thing they fly with magic, cause those wings just don't ever look right...XD   )

But I'm also not a fan of your Daring Do idea.... Just no.   :C

I still think she will make a great dare-devil even if she doesn't get good at flying ever in her lifetime. She could easily make a good living out of that, being the Equestria's biggest dare-devil jumping over 50 horse-drawn carriages and what not.

When I think about what's scoots potential is I think it might be her scooter skills. She's pretty good at it and that might bee her potential. After all her name is SCOOTaloo.