Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why doesn't Applebloom have freckles?

ggg-2

Might just be a nitpick but.....Why doesn't Applebloom have freckles? She's the only one of her siblings that doesn't. Is it just because she's a filly and doesn't get as much sun as her brother and sister who work in the fields more?

We'll I might get into science but she might have a recessive trait for freckles and the dominant trait for no freckles... So... Scienceee

took the words right out my mouth

genealogy. yayyyyy

Maybe because she is not in the sun working all day long like the rest of the apple family. I just found out two weeks ago I had freckles on my nose they are just hard to see, Also every time I go in the sun they get a little darker.

• Brohoof 2

Maybe because she is not in the sun working all day long like the rest of the apple family.

This.

The formation of freckles is triggered by exposure to sunlight, in contrast to Applejack and Big Mac who spend all day outside working the farm or running an apple stall, performing hard physical labor-usually under the glaring sun-Applebloom is usually at school, or the Cutie Mark Crusaders clubhouse, the only real time she seems to spend outside aside from recess, crusading, or hanging out with her siblings doesn't really seem to be enough time to trigger such a reaction.

But, that's just my theory.

• Brohoof 3

This.

The formation of freckles is triggered by exposure to sunlight, in contrast to Applejack and Big Mac who spend all day outside working the farm or running an apple stall, performing hard physical labor-usually under the glaring sun-Applebloom is usually at school, or the Cutie Mark Crusaders clubhouse, the only real time she seems to spend outside aside from recess, crusading, or hanging out with her siblings doesn't really seem to be enough time to trigger such a reaction.

I'd say that is a great theory! Admittedly I had no idea that freckles were triggered as such, and considering everything it makes perfect sense; IMO.

Of course Apple Bloom is still quite young so that might have something to do with, but your theory seems to fit the best, IMO. :)

This.

Huh. I never knew any of this. I've never been too much of an outdoors person, and I've always stayed inside a lot, but I have lot's of freckles...